Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

KA Flight Operated by CA - Lounge Access?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2014, 7:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, National Exec., SPG Gold, AmEx Plat

Hi all,
I will soon be flying HKG-PEK on KA flights operated by CA. I hold Oneworld Emerald status - am I correct in thinking that because these flights are not operated by a Oneworld carrier, that I will not have lounge access?

Thanks!
Old Apr 23, 2014, 11:53 am

I think it's a 'No'.

"oneworld lounge access for frequent flyers by tier status
Enjoy exclusive access to premium airport lounges around the world with oneworld Emerald or Sapphire frequent flyer tier status. Members of oneworld airline frequent flyer programmes with the equivalent of oneworld Emerald or Sapphire tier status can use lounges offered by oneworld airlines when departing on any flight marketed and operated by any oneworld member airline, regardless of cabin class being flown (exceptions are noted below).
Emerald tier frequent flyers can use First Class, Business Class or frequent flyer lounges.
Sapphire tier frequent flyers are welcome in Business Class* or frequent flyer lounges. (*does not include Qantas Domestic Business Lounges)
Emerald and Sapphire members may invite one guest to join them in the lounge. The guest must also be travelling on a flight operated and marketed by a oneworld carrier.
You must be prepared to show your boarding pass and frequent flyer membership card, with oneworld Emerald or Sapphire tier status, to access a lounge.
The following exceptions apply:
American Airlines, US Airways and Qantas offer programmes enabling customers to pay to gain access to their lounges. These programmes are not part of the oneworld agreement, and members of these programmes are not entitled to access lounges under the oneworld agreement.
American Airlines AAdvantage® members and US Airways Dividend Miles members, regardless of their tier status or class of travel, are not eligible for lounge access when travelling solely on North American flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), the Bahamas, Bermuda and the Caribbean. For more information, visit, http://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInforma...miralsClub.jsp and http://www.usairways.com/en-US/trave...b/default.html
Qantas Frequent Flyer Gold members, regardless of their oneworld tier status, cannot access Qantas Domestic Business Lounges.
Qatar Airways Doha International Airport Premium Terminal is excluded.
Qatar Airways Premium Lounge at LHR Terminal 4 is excluded.
TAM First Class Lounge in Sao Paulo Guarulhos International Airport is excluded."

Taken from http://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access

Last edited by TEX277; Apr 23, 2014 at 12:10 pm
Old Apr 23, 2014, 5:38 pm
formerly gemini573

Programs: CX Emerald, WOH Globalist, Marriott Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, Virtuoso, Prive, STEPS, STARS
Originally Posted by LondonIce
Hi all,
I will soon be flying HKG-PEK on KA flights operated by CA. I hold Oneworld Emerald status - am I correct in thinking that because these flights are not operated by a Oneworld carrier, that I will not have lounge access?

Thanks!
For CX DM, "it's available to members departing on ANY airline and limited to lounges operated by CX and KA."
CX Emeralds get access to the J lounge. All other Emeralds, don't get access on codeshare.

Last edited by 77W_12A; Apr 23, 2014 at 5:46 pm
Old Apr 27, 2014, 1:47 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
I would give it a shot since its a KA coded flight on a CX lounge in HK as an AA EXP... chances are that, it's a no, however
Old Apr 27, 2014, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by LondonIce
Hi all,

Thanks!
unfortunately I think you're correct. People have complained about this before... it's a CX code-share, sold by CX, but then CX won't allow lounge access
Old Jan 29, 2015, 10:21 am

Programs: OWS IHG Diamond + Accor Plat, Scandic Top Level
Similar to the OP, slightly difference is BA OW Saphire, flying LHR-HKG on CX, then HKG-TSN KA code, but CA metal, do I get part lounge at LHR and on the return at HKG, but not in transit at HKG outbound?
Old Jan 30, 2015, 9:54 am

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
No you don't get lounge access on the transit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.