Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

New LAX Lounge discussion and experiences [now open]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 15, 2014, 11:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beckoa
Lounge Updates/Summary:

Hours:

XX:XX-XX:XX

Business Lounge Menu:

Breakfast:

Lunch:

Dinner:

Business Lounge Beverages:

First Lounge Menu: [opens 18 December, 2014]

Breakfast:

Lunch:

Dinner:

First Lounge Beverages:
Print Wikipost

New LAX Lounge discussion and experiences [now open]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2014, 3:42 pm

Programs: CX Green | UA Silver | Marriott Lifetime Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Gold | AA EXP
Don't forget that QF Club members can access it too ...
Old Jun 19, 2014, 7:51 pm

Programs: CX MPC GO; Golden Circle nobody!
Flew from LAX yesterday and I must say, the lounge is very spacious and beautiful--overall, an excellent first impression. From my limited experience, I find the lounge very inspired by QF lounges--the food set up, the chilled water tap all reminded me of QF's lounge in SIN. It still smells of paint.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 8:11 pm

Two pictures I took:

Nice contrast from the all-white marble CX lounges?
Old Jun 19, 2014, 8:16 pm
formerly gemini573

Programs: CX Emerald, WOH Globalist, Marriott Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, Virtuoso, Prive, STEPS, STARS
Originally Posted by nsolitude
Two pictures I took:

Nice contrast from the all-white marble CX lounges?
Are they sending all the DMs to the new J lounge or is the F lounge still open for Emerald/DMs?
Old Jun 19, 2014, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by gemini573
Are they sending all the DMs to the new J lounge or is the F lounge still open for Emerald/DMs?
They sent us to the new lounge. I asked the front desk agent if there is a F lounge available and was told that it will open within a few months.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 12:27 am

Programs: CX GO, TSA Pre✓ Afflictions: TSASS
The real question is why anyone would want to go there. My living room has more electrical outlets than the old F lounge. I hope the new J lounge has a few spare sockets.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 11:46 am

Programs: CX Green | UA Silver | Marriott Lifetime Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Gold | AA EXP
Flew from LAX yesterday and I must say, the lounge is very spacious and beautiful
From the photos it looks like you were there during the day and it was more or less empty?
Old Jun 20, 2014, 12:03 pm

Programs: AA Plat,AS MVP Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Plat, Amtrak(all routes, VIA same, AUS 90%)
Coming back

HNG-LAX on CX in J, couple of months, looking forward to it. About five hours do to C&I, then relax....
Old Jun 20, 2014, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by Rivarix
From the photos it looks like you were there during the day and it was more or less empty?
Yeah, I took the CX 897 and there were perhaps 8 passengers inside. But it seems like it will be very full at night?
Old Jun 20, 2014, 8:07 pm

Programs: CX Diamond, QF Platinum and Shangri La Jade
Originally Posted by RevJim
The real question is why anyone would want to go there. My living room has more electrical outlets than the old F lounge. I hope the new J lounge has a few spare sockets.
Power sockets at pretty much every seat and lots of work areas, the lounge is huge and plenty of available seats even in the evenings - was there at about 9pm through to 11pm.

The catering however is very Qantas/Australian with very little to any CX/Asian offerings.. they didn't even have rice of any type on offer at dinner time.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 10:21 pm
formerly gemini573

Programs: CX Emerald, WOH Globalist, Marriott Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, Virtuoso, Prive, STEPS, STARS
Originally Posted by AussieCR
Power sockets at pretty much every seat and lots of work areas, the lounge is huge and plenty of available seats even in the evenings - was there at about 9pm through to 11pm.

The catering however is very Qantas/Australian with very little to any CX/Asian offerings.. they didn't even have rice of any type on offer at dinner time.
I think the best catering will be saved towards the QF flights. It's a similar situation with the QF lounge at CLK. The Char Siu Rice is served before the QF flights. After that, it's only food from the buffet line.
Old Jun 21, 2014, 7:29 am

Programs: Something lifetime here and there
Yeah, I took the CX 897 and there were perhaps 8 passengers inside. But it seems like it will be very full at night?
I would think for people leaving on the am (and even the afternoon one) CX flight it would be quiet. The evening, is another story as mentioned in the OW thread from this past Friday night.
Old Jun 21, 2014, 7:35 am
formerly gemini573

I just noticed this in the QF presser...

"While the new Qantas First Lounge refurbishment is in progress, Qantas, Cathay Pacific and British Airways First and premium tier Frequent Flyers will use the new Los Angeles Business Lounge."

Will they be using the old J & F lounge as the future F lounge?
Old Jun 22, 2014, 10:35 pm

I think the best catering will be saved towards the QF flights. It's a similar situation with the QF lounge at CLK. The Char Siu Rice is served before the QF flights. After that, it's only food from the buffet line.
Not sure if that's true. It's about 9.30pm here in the lounge and the food is as mentioned by AussieCR
Old Jun 23, 2014, 12:41 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Rivarix
Not sure if that's true. It's about 9.30pm here in the lounge and the food is as mentioned by AussieCR
QF flights depart after 11.30pm so you're still in the peak QF period.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.