New Signature Drink - 2014 Q3

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2014, 8:00 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Psychiatrist
i don't know, but Cathay Delight seems to taste better (and smoother) on board? in the lounges, they taste different. seems frothier in the lounges?

i've tried asking them to stir and not shake the bottle in the lounge - but it still tastes frothy.
Possibly air pressure differences? Also your taste buds react differently in the air to on the ground.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 8:34 pm

Programs: CX Diamond / SQ Gold / Bonvoy Platinum / Hyatt Globalist / Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sxc
Possibly air pressure differences? Also your taste buds react differently in the air to on the ground.
it tastes different even as a pre-flight drink! (although my taste buds are far from sophisticated )

due to the calories i *try* not to drink it once i'm in the air - they come in those bigger glasses once airborne.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 9:37 pm

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
Originally Posted by Isochronous
I don't recall seeing it on the menu at Wing F. I shall look this Wednesday night!
Not sure about the menu, but my wife's definitely had it a few times at the Wing F.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 1:27 pm

Programs: CX DM, A3*G, Accor Adv. Plus Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hlton Diamond
Hi. Fly HKG/TPE on CX406 in J few days ago..... Tried the new signature drink called 'passion surprise'...... Although the crew said it is the mix of lemongrass and apple juice, I still think it is too sweet and do not feel any passion fruit....

Always is Cathay Delight fans!^^
Old Aug 7, 2014, 11:44 pm

Note that Passion Surprise is only available ex-HKG. Outports are still serving Oriental Breeze for August (at least SYD was anyway).
Old Aug 14, 2014, 10:13 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
I flew SIN-CMB and the drinks were oriental breeze and Pacific Sunrise. Seems like the favorite pacific sunrise is back!!
Old Aug 15, 2014, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by sxc
The drinks are cycled on an alternate monthly basis. You will only see Cathay Delight every second month, and vice versa for the other drinks.
Well, I hope that Nov is when Cathay Delight is on board. The last few times that I've flown CX it was out of rotation. The other signature drinks have no appeal to me.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 6:23 pm

Has anyone had the new "passion surprise" onboard recently? I'm just curious to know if it rotates with the Cathay Delight/Pacific Sunrise or Oriental Breeze/Cloud 9 pair.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 12:09 am

Programs: MPC, KF, Accor, SPG, HH
Originally Posted by headinclouds
Well, I hope that Nov is when Cathay Delight is on board. The last few times that I've flown CX it was out of rotation. The other signature drinks have no appeal to me.
Cathay Delight features in the odd months I think.

On a side note, does anyone feels that there is a distinction in taste in the Cathay Delight prepared ex HKG and ex outport. Seems like ex outports, the mint leaf is omitted
Old Oct 2, 2014, 12:57 am

Programs: CX Green | UA Silver | Marriott Lifetime Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Gold | AA EXP
Originally Posted by CXFlyerBoy
On a side note, does anyone feels that there is a distinction in taste in the Cathay Delight prepared ex HKG and ex outport. Seems like ex outports, the mint leaf is omitted
Maybe an aberration? They had the mint leaf on ex-LAX flight a couple of days ago.

Btw, does anyone know which route(s) will feature this new drink? I was on LAX-HKG two days ago (9/30 - odd month) and they still had CX Delight + Pacific Sunrise while on HKG-HYD last night (10/1 - even month) it was still Oriental Breeze + Cloud Nine.

Last edited by Rivarix; Oct 2, 2014 at 4:03 am
Old Oct 2, 2014, 2:30 am

Programs: HH D,CC,SPG,AZ: Gold;BA Silver, TK Elite
Pacific sunrise is awesome!
Old Oct 4, 2014, 12:55 pm

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
I had the passion surprise a few times during August.... Was told that they only had it ex-HKG.. not sure when they were going to have it from outports yet... I think oriental breeze is finished and won't be served anymore...

I thought the drink was a bit too sweet.. had to ask them to add ice as dilute it a bit with soda water.... I thought it was pretty good with about 50% soda water and 50% passion surprise...
Old Oct 5, 2014, 2:19 am

Programs: CX Green | UA Silver | Marriott Lifetime Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Gold | AA EXP
Originally Posted by tfung
I had the passion surprise a few times during August.... Was told that they only had it ex-HKG.. not sure when they were going to have it from outports yet... I think oriental breeze is finished and won't be served anymore...
Which route(s) were those? Seems like it is being introduced on selected route ex-HKG. I was on ex-HKG flight this month (even month just like August) and it was not on the menu.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 9:47 am

Programs: Marco Polo Club
Recently flew F ex-HKG and still had CX Delight (Sept). Flew the return from BKK (Oct) and instead of a CX cocktail they introduced a "special drink", which was a Thai lemon tea. Really refreshing, not overly sweet. Anyone else had it before?
Old Oct 6, 2014, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by Rivarix
Which route(s) were those? Seems like it is being introduced on selected route ex-HKG. I was on ex-HKG flight this month (even month just like August) and it was not on the menu.
HKG-BOM - August

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.