Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Zurich [confirmed], Boston [confirmed], Manchester [confirmed]!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2014, 1:54 pm
Original Poster

http://www.aspireaviation.com/2014/0...for-long-haul/

http://www.businesstraveller.com/new...ands-in-europe

Big CX expansion coming up.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 2:20 pm

I've mentioned Zurich and Manchester before as potential routes, but there are certain people here who shoot me down.

Boston is surprising to me. We were looking at Seattle and Dallas as future North American routes, but no mention of Boston.

Anyways, I wouldn't jump the gun so quick. So I would take these articles with a grain of salt until something has been announced officially and flights have been loaded into the system.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 4:11 pm

Programs: CX IN
April April ?
Old Apr 1, 2014, 4:23 pm

Will the new flights have F?
Old Apr 1, 2014, 5:07 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA Exec Plat, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
I would imagine ZRH will get F, I don't know about MAN or BOS.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 5:48 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by maortega15
I've mentioned Zurich and Manchester before as potential routes, but there are certain people here who shoot me down.

Boston is surprising to me. We were looking at Seattle and Dallas as future North American routes, but no mention of Boston.

Anyways, I wouldn't jump the gun so quick. So I would take these articles with a grain of salt until something has been announced officially and flights have been loaded into the system.
Can the runway at BOS even handle 777-300ER East bound flights without heavy load penalty? It seems more like a A350 destination to me although the article seems to indicate 777-300ER will be used.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by JALPak
Can the runway at BOS even handle 777-300ER East bound flights without heavy load penalty? It seems more like a A350 destination to me although the article seems to indicate 777-300ER will be used.
That's actually one of the things that's conflicting with this, is the runway at BOS. I doubt that BOS will be launched with the 77W. If they do plan to fly there, the A350 will be used. Like I've said, BOS was not mentioned at a presentation I attended. So take these articles with a grain of salt. Although, there are plans to restart Zurich and Manchester along with new service to Munich.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 6:23 pm

Programs: CX MarcoPolo (SL), BA Executive Club (GO)
Very exciting news!

From what I heard ZRH would be daily on 777-300ER, and as the article stated launching end of 2014.

Whilst BOS and MAN would launch in 2015 and be launch destinations with the A350. This is essentially what CX plan always was - launching secondary long haul markets 2015 onwards with the arrival of the A350. The only change to this plan is bringing ZRH forward to 2014 and operating 77W on the route.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 6:48 pm

Programs: CX Diamond / SQ Gold / Bonvoy Platinum / Hyatt Globalist / Hilton Gold
yippeeeeee! great to hear they'll have Zurich.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by Psychiatrist
yippeeeeee! great to hear they'll have Zurich.
I wonder if they're do HKG-ZRH-MAN ?
Old Apr 1, 2014, 8:04 pm

International services at Boston have grown significantly since JAL launched the NRT flight a couple of years ago. New flights for 2014 include DXB (EK), IST (TK) and PEK (HU). I wonder if its too much additional capacity for BOS... will be interesting to see how future growth plays out.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 8:32 pm

Programs: CX Diamond / SQ Gold / Bonvoy Platinum / Hyatt Globalist / Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
I wonder if they're do HKG-ZRH-MAN ?
someone just asked me if this whole thing was an April Fool's joke ...
Old Apr 2, 2014, 12:37 am

Programs: CX Diamond, BA Gold, *A Silver, Accor Diamond
I attended the CFO presentation last week and from what I wrote down the 350s are aimed at what he called 'secondary destinations' in Europe, such as Munich, Zurich and Manchester. These are places that they should be flying to but don't have aircraft in the fleet that meet what they think the demand will be. The 350s in CX' view will fit the bill. But bear in mind the delivery schedule is 2016 and 2017 for the 22 350-900s on order so it seems unlikely they will be launching routes in 2014 and 2015 to destinations like these. I don't remember Boston being mentioned as a new route option at all, but the European destinations were cited as examples of routes that the 350s could profitably service so perhaps Boston was a route option for the 777s, where 15 will join the fleet this year and next.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 12:53 am

ZRH here we come !

I have been battling with M&M over the past 3 months to get a star alliance credit to reach gold.. in the mean time, after only 4 flights in J intra Asia, Marco Polo upgraded me to Ruby...

Home base is ZRH with 2-3 flights a year from PVG .. you may guess where my money goes to now :-)

Happy flying
Old Apr 2, 2014, 1:04 am

Programs: AA EXP, CX GO, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond
No Honolulu? I'm so sick of connecting in Tokyo and eight hours on JAL is not fun! Plus never any reward space on JAL!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.