Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Zurich [confirmed], Boston [confirmed], Manchester [confirmed]!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Zurich [confirmed], Boston [confirmed], Manchester [confirmed]!!!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2014, 1:35 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mediator
I beg to differ
BOS is one of the worst airports for connection. First, there is no airside connection between the terminals. To transfer between the terminals, you have to take the bus or walk, which is not fun in winter. Second, the CBP wait time for international arrival is abysmal at night (after 6pm). I would say at least 2 hours for non-citizen and 1 hour for citizen, if you don't have GE.
I guess you've never been to JFK.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 9:34 pm

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by dieuwer2
I guess you've never been to JFK.
I've been to JFK many, many times. In fact my most recent visit was last week, BOS-JFK-DUS; AA connects to AB, like a breeze.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 9:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by mediator
I've been to JFK many, many times. In fact my most recent visit was last week, BOS-JFK-DUS; AA connects to AB, like a breeze.
Undoubtedly because they're in the same terminal.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 8:16 pm

Hi, I have a quick question, does anyone knows when will CX start releasing the reward seat for BOS<->HKG flight? Does CX has a pattern of .. let say... two months after announcement or after it's first flight... or something like that?
Old Sep 5, 2014, 8:44 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by catcathk
Hi, I have a quick question, does anyone knows when will CX start releasing the reward seat for BOS<->HKG flight?
CX has already started doing that. I've already booked a business class award flight for the next summer. But I don't know when CX will start releasing first class awards.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by grrizzli
CX has already started doing that. I've already booked a business class award flight for the next summer. But I don't know when CX will start releasing first class awards.
Thank you for your reply, I guess cx.com now showing reward seats.. But how about other site like ba.com aa.com? Ba.com not showing the flight at all... No matter Econ, biz or first...
Old Sep 6, 2014, 4:19 pm

Thank you for your reply, I guess cx.com now showing reward seats.. But how about other site like ba.com aa.com? Ba.com not showing the flight at all... No matter Econ, biz or first...
AA doesn't show CX availability to begin with.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by cmn.jcs
AA doesn't show CX availability to begin with.
Argh... sorry.. what I really meant was ba.com only.. sorry...

I see CX.com has the reward available... but how about booking through aa/ba/alaska? Does anyone know or take a guess when will partners starting showing availability? or it is available now and I just need to call? Please advice... great thanks and appreciate for your help.
Old Sep 7, 2014, 6:55 am

With BA anyway, I don't think it'll make any difference if you call. Perhaps CX has decided to leave the flight open to CX member rewards for the first month or so after announcement, and will then open up partner availability? I would just keep monitoring the flight - which doesn't start for almost nine more months - as I'm sure seats will be open for partner redemptions eventually.
Old Sep 7, 2014, 11:21 am

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
Argh... sorry.. what I really meant was ba.com only.. sorry...

I see CX.com has the reward available... but how about booking through aa/ba/alaska? Does anyone know or take a guess when will partners starting showing availability? or it is available now and I just need to call? Please advice... great thanks and appreciate for your help.
ive noticed that when JAL and BA.com agree, there is space.. then call up your program.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 11:11 pm

Thank you all for the info.

I see the reward seat for CX BOS<->HKG now showing on JAL and Qantas, even the first class seat, but ba.com still not showing... so if JAL and Qantas showing it's available through partner.. does that mean it should be available to BA and AA, it just not showing on the website?

I think I should give each airline a call to find out ...
Old Sep 9, 2014, 9:56 am

Thank you all for the info.

I see the reward seat for CX BOS<->HKG now showing on JAL and Qantas, even the first class seat, but ba.com still not showing... so if JAL and Qantas showing it's available through partner.. does that mean it should be available to BA and AA, it just not showing on the website?

I think I should give each airline a call to find out ...
How are you seeing F availability? Directly on the JL website, or via KVS?
Old Sep 9, 2014, 11:46 am
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

What is the date in question?
Old Sep 9, 2014, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by cmn.jcs
How are you seeing F availability? Directly on the JL website, or via KVS?

I can see first class bookable via QF.com .. e.g. date Aug 27 CX 812
Old Sep 9, 2014, 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by KVS
What is the date in question?

Hello KVS, I am not trying to get the list of availability of a particular date.. I just want to know if the seats are bookable through BA or AA now... because I only have points in those program....

UPDATE: I called AA today... glad to be told the BOS<->HKG is now available from AA ...

Still need to call BA to verify... since it's not showing on the ba.com website...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.