Search

Legitimate oneworld award routing?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2014, 8:03 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by IncyWincy
Hello Jagmeets and gurus here,

Can someone PM me an itin where the OneWorld Multi Carrier award allowed going to origin and then beyond? I am told No.

Thank you very much.
i know jagmeets and psychiatrist have hands on experience. i've called the Canto line and they confirmed its ok. (i asked for HKG-ICN-NRT-HKG-BKK-HKG with JL and RJ as the 2 non CX/KA airline.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 8:43 am

Programs: CX Diamond / SQ Gold / Bonvoy Platinum / Hyatt Globalist / Hilton Gold
i don't have experience with going back to the origin, but from what i know it's allowed.

i almost did it once myself - HKG-HND-HKG-LHR-GIG ... (which was allowed but i didn't ticket it)

but ended up doing TPE-NGO//HND-HKG-LHR-GIG//GRU-MAD-LHR/LCY-JFK-HKG-TPE

going back to LHR after Brazil was allowed

call a few different agents - you may get a different answer. some are obviously more knowledgeable than others.

sorry i can't be of more help.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 5:52 pm

Thank you.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 11:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Gold, SPG Plat
With the US Air joining OW. Do segments on US Air and AA count as 1 partner or that satisfy 2 partners?
Old Apr 4, 2014, 11:42 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by caimaster
With the US Air joining OW. Do segments on US Air and AA count as 1 partner or that satisfy 2 partners?
Should you like them to be counted as one partner instead of two ?
Old Apr 4, 2014, 11:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Gold, SPG Plat
I want them to be count as 2 of course to better satisfy the rules.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 12:02 am

Hello Jagmeets and gurus here,

Can someone PM me an itin where the OneWorld Multi Carrier award allowed going to origin and then beyond? I am told No.

Thank you very much.

Same here.

I was told yes by Andrew from MPO, but ticket is not issued after one week. Calling back, Michael said "no", even after checking with ticketing.

Pass by airport counter today and asked, was told no after consulting ticketing as well.

Would Jagmeets please share your booking / e-ticket?
Old Jun 1, 2014, 3:35 pm

A bit confused about the limits on stopovers and transfers in these awards. I have done several multicarrier awards on AA until they stopped them in Apr. If there are 5 stopovers and 2 transfers + 2 open jaws, then one has 9 or 10 flight segments instead of the 16 segments allowed on AA. Is this correct? Can one pass thru a city more than 2 times (the limit on AA)? It seems that the 2 transfer limit makes for difficult route planning unless a transfer can be considered a stopover instead? Does the mileage between the open jaw segments count when determining the total mileage (it did not on AA).
Old Jun 1, 2014, 10:05 pm

Programs: Marriott & SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, ex-Fairmont Plat, ex-Swissotel Eleva
Originally Posted by LchChester
Same here.

I was told yes by Andrew from MPO, but ticket is not issued after one week. Calling back, Michael said "no", even after checking with ticketing.

Pass by airport counter today and asked, was told no after consulting ticketing as well.

Would Jagmeets please share your booking / e-ticket?
Are you trying to stopover at origin before flying to next destination, or transiting? I think if you are transiting, then you can highlight that this is just a transit, and you should be able to do so, even if it is transiting at origin, as it is a different destination from origin.

Do let us know the outcome.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 8:25 pm

Assuming stopover at the origin is not permitted, I come up with the following Oneworld multi-carrier itinerary in business for 160,000 miles. Is this legitimate? Also, it says that one must return to the country of origin, is HKG counted as China? Can I add another CKG-HKG at the end?

CKG-HKG (KA)stopover
HKG-LHR (CX)stopover
LHR-HKG (BA)stopover
HKG-LHR (CX)openjaw
HEL-CKG (AY) END
Old Feb 5, 2015, 5:56 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
Excerpt from Asia Miles Terms and Conditions...

http://downloads.asiamiles.com/pdf/p...rsguide_en.pdf

Airline Award - Award Miles Requirements
14.1 For round-trip awards, Upgrade Awards and Companion Award Travel on single
or dual carriers, the award miles requirements are based on the one-way actual
miles between the origin airport and destination airport. Where the sum of the
outbound one-way distance and the inbound one-way distance are not the
same, the longer distance shall be used to determine the award zone.
14.2 The member or the Nominee may make two stopovers, two transfers or one
open-jaw at either the origin, en route or turnaround point on all airline partners

except Air China and Iberia where no stopovers or open-jaws are permitted. If
the open-jaw is at the origin, the member or Nominee must return to the country
of origin, though not necessarily to the same city.
The member must depart from
the intermediate point on the next available connecting flight. The preceding
is all subject to airline partners’ terms and conditions. For the purposes of this
section, open-jaw means a flight itinerary where the departure city is different
from the returning city, or alternatively, the destination city that a passenger
arrives in is different from the one he/she returns from on the return portion of
the trip.
14.3 For multiple sector award travel, the mileage credits required are that of the
highest class booked in any single itinerary.
14.4 For one-way award travel, the sum of the total sectors to be flown will count for
redemption purposes. In such circumstances, only one en route stopover is allowed.
14.5 To redeem a oneworld Multi-Carrier Award, the total mileage credits required
in determining the award zone is the sum of the sector distance (between the
origin airports and destination airports) of all sectors in the itinerary. The member
or Nominee can make a maximum of five stopovers. In addition, two transfers
and two open-jaws are permitted.

Contrasting 14.2 and 14.5, former confines open jaw to same country but latter doesn't. So seems like there is no requirement for same country for oneworld Multi Carrier Awards.

Am I right?
I know its bumping an old thread..still the below might help someone looking for guidance on this particular point.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...deas-2.html#21
Old Jun 6, 2015, 12:45 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Question oneworld Multi-Carrier Awards Itinerary

posted to the new thread.

Last edited by lcpteck; Jun 6, 2015 at 12:47 am Reason: posted at the new thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.