Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 23, 2015, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: qsh
77H (777-300ER, F cabin)
https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_HK/travel-information/flight/aircraft-fleet/777-300/777-300er-77h.html

F seats:
1A - very private. Protected by the divider between it and the D seats.

J seats:
Row 11, 12 mini-cabin - very quiet and private
15A has no windows
21 only 1 window.

Y+ seats:
32H/K have lots of legroom.
30D/E/F/G have huge legroom, but passengers walk in front of you to access bathroom. Light spills from bathroom particularly onto 30G.
31A has no window.
34H gets disturbed by the Y section curtain.

Y seats:

77G (777-300ER, no F cabin)
https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_HK/travel-information/flight/aircraft-fleet/777-300/777-300er-77g.html

J seats:
Row 19 has no windows

Y+ seats:
Row 30 has good legroom

Y seats:
39A/C/H/K - lots of legroom

773 (777-300)
https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_HK/travel-information/flight/aircraft-fleet/777-300/777-300-73z.html

J seats:

Y seats:
Row 39 and 67 are bulkheads with better than average legroom and fold out IFE screens
Row 46 missing the window
Row 53 ABC, HJK has very generous legroom but are missing window due to EMEX position. A and K have emergency slide constraining leg room. All seats are near lavs, so some congregation of people. 53DEF has good legroom at bulkhead.

772 (777-200)
https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_HK/travel-information/flight/aircraft-fleet/777-200/777-200-B772Z.html

J seats:

Y seats:
Print Wikipost

777-300ER Best seat?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2015, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by nkedel
For Premium economy, given the choice between 30G and 32K, which would you choose? Those are the only aisle/window seats open in the front row, and having flown PE before much prefer the real leg rest to the foot rest (my last time, IIRC, was 30E or F, and the middle was tolerable given the bulkhead room.)

Biggest question to my mind is whether 32K will have enough room to reach the aisle if 32J is sleeping, plus obviously the baby lottery given the bassinet position.

Thoughts?
bulkhead.

Seat recline is quite deep and you may have difficulty ('may'? you probably 'will' have difficulty) getting out if the person beside you is sleeping. Especially if the people in front are also reclined.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM (LT-PLT, PPro for this year)
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
bulkhead.

Seat recline is quite deep and you may have difficulty ('may'? you probably 'will' have difficulty) getting out if the person beside you is sleeping. Especially if the people in front are also reclined.
Both 30G and 32K are bulkhead, so there's nobody ahead. The person next to me could be an issue, and I can't remember for sure which seat in row 30 I had -- I think it was E or F, but if might have been D/G.

Unless someone's sat in 32K specifically and is reasonable confident that there's decent aisle access, I'll stick with my current assignment of 30G.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nkedel
Both 30G and 32K are bulkhead, so there's nobody ahead. The person next to me could be an issue, and I can't remember for sure which seat in row 30 I had -- I think it was E or F, but if might have been D/G.

Unless someone's sat in 32K specifically and is reasonable confident that there's decent aisle access, I'll stick with my current assignment of 30G.
I can't do a direct comparison of 30G vs 32K (apologies i was looking at the wrong seat map). but 32K will have sufficient legroom to get out if the person next to you is sleeping.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I can't do a direct comparison of 30G vs 32K (apologies i was looking at the wrong seat map). but 32K will have sufficient legroom to get out if the person next to you is sleeping.
Thanks! That was my biggest concern.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ended up sticking with 30G on the way out, but got a good look at the 32HK and it's definitely not bad. Will try to switch to 32K for my return on the way back, as 30G got a lot of traffic from FAs bumping the curtain into me.

Still a whole lot better than even an exit row seat regular Y, and I think the leg rest was worth it compared to the foot-rest-only in the non-bulkhead rows (which I flew once, 18 months ago.)
Old Feb 3, 2015, 3:43 pm

Programs: NZ*gold / BA*silver / AC Aeroplan
Cool

I've chosen 34HK on (77H) Four Class how are they rated.. ?
Old Feb 3, 2015, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by johnyates1949
I've chosen 34HK on (77H) Four Class how are they rated.. ?
there's nothing particularly good about them... you have someone reclining into you, and you have bassinet positions immediately behind you.

there may be a slight 'privacy' advantage being the last row of the cabin, and slightly off-set, but I have often seen the curtains left partially open... in which case you're right there with the folks in the cabin behind!
Old Feb 4, 2015, 2:32 am

Programs: NZ*gold / BA*silver / AC Aeroplan
Cool

there's nothing particularly good about them... you have someone reclining into you, and you have bassinet positions immediately behind you.

there may be a slight 'privacy' advantage being the last row of the cabin, and slightly off-set, but I have often seen the curtains left partially open... in which case you're right there with the folks in the cabin behind!
Thanks for that , I'll stick with it . Only other seats available on the sides are 33HK and they have a Baby Bassinet in seats in front... can't win !!. at least with what we've got we won't have people pulling on the back of our seat when they want to get up... great consolation !! thanks again for your input.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 10:14 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
I've read the thread and the FAQ but I'm still a bit confused.

I'm looking at HKG-YVR in ecomony and there seems to be 2 slightly different planes for the different times though both are long haul 777s. I'd be looking for bulkhead or exit row seats on both. I have no status but am willing to pay to reserve these ahead of time. How much will that cost per leg per seat?

I'm not worried about the babies in bassinets. I have noise cancelling headphones plus I have small kids of my own so I'm used to it. I also understand the risk of being bumped into in that seat where nobody's in front of you. But is there anything else to beware in these seats?

All help appreciated.

Also, why is premium economy so darn expensive on CX? It's as much as deep-discount business class on some other airlines.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 11:18 am

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by HongKonger
I've read the thread and the FAQ but I'm still a bit confused.

I'm looking at HKG-YVR in ecomony and there seems to be 2 slightly different planes for the different times though both are long haul 777s. I'd be looking for bulkhead or exit row seats on both. I have no status but am willing to pay to reserve these ahead of time. How much will that cost per leg per seat?

I'm not worried about the babies in bassinets. I have noise cancelling headphones plus I have small kids of my own so I'm used to it. I also understand the risk of being bumped into in that seat where nobody's in front of you. But is there anything else to beware in these seats?

All help appreciated.

Also, why is premium economy so darn expensive on CX? It's as much as deep-discount business class on some other airlines.
It used to be USD100/sector, but I just saw that was increased to USD130/sector for a normal passenger. It is on a first-come-first-serve basis, and you have to compete with those who can get those seats free of charge. (But there are always people like me who do not request these seats because I prefer not to have people standing in front of me.)
Old Feb 26, 2015, 11:46 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by cxfan1960
It used to be USD100/sector, but I just saw that was increased to USD130/sector for a normal passenger. It is on a first-come-first-serve basis, and you have to compete with those who can get those seats free of charge. (But there are always people like me who do not request these seats because I prefer not to have people standing in front of me.)
Thanks!
Old Mar 27, 2015, 3:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, TK Elite, Hyatt Platinum
Sorry to raise an old thread, but i'm now flying this plane again in a three class layout.

For Business class, is it better to sit in the front cabin or in the mini-cabin? I'm trying to chose between 15A and 22A

Thanks in advance
Old Mar 27, 2015, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stickyfingers85
Sorry to raise an old thread, but i'm now flying this plane again in a three class layout.

For Business class, is it better to sit in the front cabin or in the mini-cabin? I'm trying to chose between 15A and 22A

Thanks in advance
Forward cabin, rows 15/16/17.

The forward cabin will be more quiet, and further away from the engines.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 8:08 pm

Programs: UA 1.5MM 1K, AA EXP, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime
Originally Posted by QRC3288
ha, touche.

I think I agree...only slight annoyance is the large seatbelt fasten sign tends to light up the suite, and the slight offset for the first window (1A has one less window at your feet). If I could guarantee a world where the pilots and/or FAs didn't chat up by the ISM's seat every now and then, I'd probably do 1A every time........first world problems.

1A or 2A!

Although I would happily pay more than F for the jump seat if that were allowed
I'm on four legs in a 77W in F; FRA-HKG-KIX-HKG-LAX next October. Tried booking 2A online. No go. 2A/2K blocked off for bassinets. Read elsewhere that USA and HKG CX agents won't release these seats, but Singapore agents will. I called Singapore this evening and was able to get 2A for all four legs, under the proviso that if there is need of an F bassinet, I'll need to move. I'll chance it.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 11:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by daberlin
I'm on four legs in a 77W in F; FRA-HKG-KIX-HKG-LAX next October. Tried booking 2A online. No go. 2A/2K blocked off for bassinets. Read elsewhere that USA and HKG CX agents won't release these seats, but Singapore agents will. I called Singapore this evening and was able to get 2A for all four legs, under the proviso that if there is need of an F bassinet, I'll need to move. I'll chance it.
Hong Kong agents will release those seats. Not sure about the USA example, as they similarly released the seats to me last year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.