Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New CX boarding procedure: 3 lines

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2014, 11:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: QFF SG, VA SL, MR Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond
QF does this already for the A380, it is slightly over the top as there is little space to stand in the Gate area with all the ropes and large signs...and it seems to confuse pax more than anything which in some cases is a good thing (ie people who are Emerald don't realise they can use the First line which is empty allowing you to board immediately )

F/Emerald - flows to Premium line
J/Sapphire - flows to Premium line
W/Ruby- flows to Premium line
Y/Wood-flows to Y line(s)
Old Jul 30, 2014, 7:07 am
Uli

I appreciate the new system very much. It always was a hassle before for F pax, and I mentioned that many times to CX, as others did as well. Thanks for finally listening.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 12:31 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by DieselYVR
They had three lines the other day for CX828 (HKG>YYZ). This flight has no F but there were three separate lines:

J/DM/OWE
GO/SL/GR/OWS
Y/Y+

Haven't seen this before on a 77G.
Interesting change. Haven't seen this on any routes before, regardless of the aircraft.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 3:57 pm

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
Originally Posted by leaccor
Interesting change. Haven't seen this on any routes before, regardless of the aircraft.
On some routes it's not specifically designated (especially if there isn't F service), but I usually see the DMs and OWEs line up in a new line to the left of the J, OWS, and MPC line.

EDIT: I see you mean the other configuration. I guess it makes sense putting paying premium passengers before the majority of the elites.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 11:17 am

Programs: MPC DM
The queue at the gate

I usually go to the gate last minute so there is never a real queuing problem for me - but when I arrived at the gate (in HKI) early a couple of weeks ago, I realised that the queues have now been divided into F/J/MPC (of all tiers) and non-MCP? It looked to me that the queue for F/J/MPC is longer than the non-MCP queue. This was rather annoying as one travelling on F/J would have expected the queue to be shorter than the other one. Was I mistaken or is this a new arrangement?
Old Mar 30, 2015, 5:47 pm

I have to assume many travellers are MPC green or above nowadays. Had I have no luggage with me, I would avoid rushing to gate to join the queue...
Old Mar 30, 2015, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PatrickBateman
I usually go to the gate last minute so there is never a real queuing problem for me
For some reason, one experience sticks out for me. JFK-LHR on BA in F (this was the outbound with the return on Concorde for the going-out-of-business sale, so ~12 years ago). We just hung out in the Concorde lounge, at some point they announced the flight, and by the time we got to the gate, everyone had finished boarding, so we just literally walked on board. Not even anyone standing in the jetway. Very stress-free!
Old Mar 30, 2015, 10:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: CX DM, SQ TPP, QF GO LIFE, OZ*G LIFE, Marriott TIT LIFE, WOH GLOBALIST LIFE, HH DM, BA GO LIFE
Originally Posted by jumbojet19920711
Where do us lowly SLs go?

And what about Premium Economy pax?
Answer: Economy Class queue where you belong! ^
For too long, the SL MPO's got too pampered and I for one made noise to CX to have this changed and I am happy they listened.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 4:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 380Flyer
Answer: Economy Class queue where you belong! ^
For too long, the SL MPO's got too pampered and I for one made noise to CX to have this changed and I am happy they listened.
Unfortunately your voice aren't heard, not about the line anyway (but I'm sure you complained about the lounge access too). The SL and PEY will still get some sort of advance boarding, just that SL lounge access will be reduced to 4 times a membership year.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 8:54 am

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
In the end, it depends on the airport in which you are boarding. In CMB, CX seems to group business along with PEY(if on the aircraft) and MPC ahead of the Y cabin crowd.

If I get to board ahead of the main Y cabin groups, I will be happy wandering

Fred
Old Mar 31, 2015, 9:29 am

Programs: CX - DM; Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Titanium
Last month when I flew to MEL from HKG, they had 3 queues as follows: Business/Diamond; PEY/Marco Polo Club, Economy. I meant to report this here much earlier than now but couldn't find the right thread until this thread pops up today.

Has anyone else seen this 3 queue system on a longhaul (no F cabin) departure at HKG?
Old Mar 31, 2015, 11:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HKGglobaltrotter
Last month when I flew to MEL from HKG, they had 3 queues as follows: Business/Diamond; PEY/Marco Polo Club, Economy. I meant to report this here much earlier than now but couldn't find the right thread until this thread pops up today.

Has anyone else seen this 3 queue system on a longhaul (no F cabin) departure at HKG?
77G it's 3 line system:

J/DM/GO (OWE, OWS)
PEY/SL/GR
Everyone else

They do the J/DM/GO line first (both agents)

In TPE it's only two line system:

All the MPC, J, OW-elites
Everyone else
(regularly in TPE the priority line is 2 times longer than regular line)

And in TPE they don't even do J like first, both lines work at same time, makes many J fliers upset and just cut in line.

In EWR it's 2-gate, 3 line system:

Two gates: 1 gate for everyone else, another gate for all the elites, but that is split into 2 lines, DM/GO/J/OWE/OWS, and SL/MPC/PEY

Again, both work at same time, everyone else line is faster...

CX really needs to make an uniform rule and train them better....
Old Mar 31, 2015, 5:14 pm

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
If you are really upset go to front of queue flash ur F boarding pass or diamond card.... I am sure u can show u r different class of human and cut the line
Old Mar 31, 2015, 6:02 pm
Original Poster

I don't think anyone's upset (except I guess some F fliers here?), but just find it frustrating. Priority boarding should be orderly, top to bottom, but CX seems to flat-line it. Using both machines to check people in helps, but doesn't solve the fundamental problem that they are saying a Green Tier MPC can board at the same time as a F-ticket holder, that's just not priority boarding works in aviation industry.

Why can't they just enforce an universal 4-line rule on all ports. I think it works out well.

1) DM/F
2) OWE, OWS, GO, J
3) OWR, SL, PEY
4) GR, everyone else

Use both machines to board lines 1,2, 3, and 4 in order. Really isn't that hard to implement....
Old Mar 31, 2015, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by Cathay Boy
Why can't they just enforce an universal 4-line rule on all ports. I think it works out well.

1) DM/F
2) OWE, OWS, GO, J
3) OWR, SL, PEY
4) GR, everyone else

Use both machines to board lines 1,2, 3, and 4 in order. Really isn't that hard to implement....
I suppose there is not always space / manpower for 4 lines.

So practically, they should merge 1 and 2 (of your suggestion), then 3 and 4. So two lines.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.