Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Best seats in Cathay Pacific 77W Business Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2015, 1:54 am

No issues for me on 11A. Linens did not bother me one bit. Did not notice excessive traffic.

I liked the extra foot room in 11A. I know there is additional foot room at 11K as well.

Anyone know if there is extra foot room for 11D?

Mrs. 110pgl and I are in row 11D/11G.
Old May 30, 2015, 3:05 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11A501 Safari/9537.53)

13b is best
Old May 30, 2015, 3:33 am

Originally Posted by kaka
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11A501 Safari/9537.53)

13b is best
There is no row 13.

Business class is 11-12 (mini), 15A, 16-26

(If you are joking, I don't get it.)
Old May 30, 2015, 3:52 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
12A or 16K on 77W New J Class?

11D/G have the larger foot cubby-hole as well.
Old May 30, 2015, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by jagmeets
11D/G have the larger foot cubby-hole as well.
Thanks!
Old Jul 9, 2015, 12:54 am

Programs: NZ Gold Elite, AS, AC, QF
just back from an AKL HKG JFK HKG AKL business class trip on CX.

AKL HKG AKL segments were on A340s. Nice but somewhat narrow seats. They face the aisle rather than the window (like NZ's J class product), but aren't as wide or as comfy. IFE screen is too far from a person in a reclined seating position. All meals were excellent. I was in 16A or 16K on these segments. Seat controls were a bit clunky.

HKG JFK HKG was on the 777. MUCH nicer experience. These are such well thought out pods. 2 windows to gaze out, lots of need little storage spaces, and great, simple seat controls. I was in 12A and 12K on these segments and loved the intimate feel. No issues with noise from the 'loos or galley.

Meals were all of a high standard and I love being able to get a decent espresso in-flight.

Slept well when I wanted to sleep; got work done when I needed to. Crew were attentive and pleasant. Only regret was not trying one of the famous burgers.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 6:45 am

Programs: HHonors: Diamond. US Dividend Miles: Gold. Hertz: President's Circle
Is there a clear winner for 11D/G vs 12D/G?
Old Aug 26, 2015, 8:15 am

Programs: CX DM
Originally Posted by thphilly
Is there a clear winner for 11D/G vs 12D/G?
i'd go with row 12. row 12 d/g has a credenza behind the seat you can put things on. i also dislike the LCD lights that shine towards the painting hanging in front of row 11.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 9:35 am

Suppose to each his or her own I much prefer 11D/G because of the larger footwell.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 9:18 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
http://www.ausbt.com.au/best-seats-b...eing-777-300er

77H (version with first class):

"11A 11K: these seats are at the very front of business class, for extra quietness, right behind the hushed environs of the first class cabin.

11D 11G: if you're travelling with a colleague (and you want to talk during the flight), you'll want a centre pair. These are among our favourites for being able to carry out a decent conversation in the air. You'll be among the first off the plane too, no matter whether the airbridge hooks up to the first or second doors of the plane."

I really thought this was unquestionable until I saw the discussions above.

"Row 12: right in front of all the business class lavatories, these are seats to avoid."

I don't actually agree w AusBT's recommendation on the 77G and seat people in row 15 like 33G instead.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by percysmith

"11A 11K: these seats are at the very front of business class, for extra quietness, right behind the hushed environs of the first class cabin.

11D 11G: if you're travelling with a colleague (and you want to talk during the flight), you'll want a centre pair. These are among our favourites for being able to carry out a decent conversation in the air. You'll be among the first off the plane too, no matter whether the airbridge hooks up to the first or second doors of the plane."

"Row 12: right in front of all the business class lavatories, these are seats to avoid."

I don't actually agree w AusBT's recommendation on the 77G and seat people in row 15 like 33G instead.
I'm not sure I agree with AusBT planting the idea that people in 11D/G can 'carry out a decent conversation' just behind the 'hushed environs' of the first class cabin.

Noise travels!
Old Aug 28, 2015, 1:20 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by percysmith

I can't say I agree either. The lavatory noise is nonexistent in row 12 - however they're positioned, they don't cause a problem to the seats - and the soiled linen bin sits right at seat 11D. My first recommendation for a couple is 12D/G.

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
I'm not sure I agree with AusBT planting the idea that people in 11D/G can 'carry out a decent conversation' just behind the 'hushed environs' of the first class cabin.

Noise travels!
Ha yea, not to mention the soiled linen bin either at 11D.

Either way, the whole mini-cabin is quite pleasant. But if we're going to get really technical...I definitely disagree with their analysis.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 8:39 pm

Programs: CX DM
The ausbt commentary is almost entirely worthless. It's based solely on looking at the seatmap.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 12:09 am

The soiled linen bin issue seems to be getting better. Within the last month, Wifey (in 11D..I usually take G & she prefers D) mentioned it to the ISM/Purser during the preflight greeting twice and was interjected with a 'Oh I know, have already told the team' just as my wife spoke 'you know the linen bin, could you..' once, and a 'yeah it can be a problem, will ensure there's no disturbance' the other time. She wasn't disturbed by it even once.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.