Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Best seats in Cathay Pacific 77W Business Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best seats in Cathay Pacific 77W Business Class

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2013, 4:17 am
Suspended

Programs: Too many to list
Just one point worth adding for me its always the mini cabin, but on K side they have one toilet thats way bigger than the rest for disabled passengers, great for changing into your PJ's and getting dressed before landing
Old May 8, 2013, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by sxc
My experience is different. Traffic in mini cabin is higher due to FAs walking between F class and J class, and also using the poorly placed linen bin. I still prefer a few rows into the main cabin, as once the lights are down for sleeping, it's a more quiet experience.
Guess I was just lucky, but you probably have more experience there. I few 12A only 3 times so my experience is limited to those 3 times. Light traffic, very quiet. However, the FA tend to forget about you during mid-flight drink-offering walk-thru, which for someone that wants quietness, it's a blessing.
Old May 8, 2013, 12:05 pm

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
One thing I found important for me is whether you are right handed or left. I find it much better as a righty on th K side as it is just easier to get things, work the controks , glass is where I would like it and TV is on a good angle. Do not find the same on the A side.

That said the great thing about this config is most seats are just about equal.
Old May 8, 2013, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by Koru Flyer
One thing I found important for me is whether you are right handed or left. I find it much better as a righty on th K side as it is just easier to get things, work the controks , glass is where I would like it and TV is on a good angle. Do not find the same on the A side.

That said the great thing about this config is most seats are just about equal.
Interesting... as a right-hander I didn't like my seat on the K side because my elbow kept hitting the wall next to the seat. I was fine when I sat in the G seat (had a companion) so I'm going for the A side next time.
Old May 9, 2013, 9:24 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Just flew over in 12K and it's the best seat in the (J) house IMHO. The FA's were constantly opening the closet/bin on the A side and that would have driven me nuts.

And I asked the same question about 2 weeks ago. I had done an extensive search before asking and found very little info. The sticky didn't address it and the obvious search terms (J, business, etc.) got nothing. I was answered very nicely and told to search "mini cabin" and "dorm room" which yielded huge results. But I had no clue that's how you referred to the cabins so I sympathize with the OP and think the 'sighing' is a bit uncalled for as well. If you don't want these questions, make it easier for those of us new to CX to find the info instead of hiding it behind nicknames that we can't possibly know.
Old May 10, 2013, 3:06 am
Suspended

Programs: Too many to list
You are correct MODS need to start putting in some effort to make FAQ section/Sticky far more accessable and easy to use
Old May 10, 2013, 11:21 am

Programs: AA
+1. I have been a member for a while and come to the site off and on to help make decisions on airline etc.

As an OP with a simliar question I did a long search first as well and did't come up with much helpful information. Once posted the links provided were great.

Maybe adding a section to the Sticky of frequently used terms and their definitions would be helpful.
Old May 11, 2013, 12:23 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by Finkface
Just flew over in 12K and it's the best seat in the (J) house IMHO.
Agreed...either that or 11K.
Old May 11, 2013, 1:22 am

Originally Posted by spaige
+1. I have been a member for a while and come to the site off and on to help make decisions on airline etc.

As an OP with a simliar question I did a long search first as well and did't come up with much helpful information. Once posted the links provided were great.

Maybe adding a section to the Sticky of frequently used terms and their definitions would be helpful.
I don't see the big deal of answering quick simply questions, even if they are questions that may seem trivial to some vets here. Simply ignore the thread and move on, but instead they rather take the time to insult a noobie rather than the same time to give a quick answer to help out people.

You can't possibly build a FAQ around nicknames that only seasoned vets would know. FAQ's purpose is also not to address all the questions under the sun, it's main purpose is to get the noobies to have a basic understanding of what CX is, and there will bound to be questions that will be asked again and again. Simply keep expanding the FAQ to address every single question asked or will asked defeats the whole purpose of a quick and easy to use FAQ.
Old May 11, 2013, 5:26 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, IHG Plat., former LH HON (now Silver), Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Finkface
Just flew over in 12K and it's the best seat in the (J) house IMHO. The FA's were constantly opening the closet/bin on the A side and that would have driven me nuts.

And I asked the same question about 2 weeks ago. I had done an extensive search before asking and found very little info. The sticky didn't address it and the obvious search terms (J, business, etc.) got nothing. I was answered very nicely and told to search "mini cabin" and "dorm room" which yielded huge results. But I had no clue that's how you referred to the cabins so I sympathize with the OP and think the 'sighing' is a bit uncalled for as well. If you don't want these questions, make it easier for those of us new to CX to find the info instead of hiding it behind nicknames that we can't possibly know.
You bet. My favorite. No linen closet, close to (the much larger) lavatory without hearing others, quieter, better FA attention, easy boarding and leaving.
If I am not mistaken, the smaller cabin has separate temperature controls and if you request increase/decrease, you will get it
Old May 11, 2013, 9:02 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by IsleSeat
If I am not mistaken, the smaller cabin has separate temperature controls and if you request increase/decrease, you will get it
this is also correct
Old May 11, 2013, 10:25 pm

Programs: CX DM
I would go for row 11. Compared with the below photo taken from row 12, you have more headroom for your legs (the red part is gone), and you have more storage space under your feet (the green part is also not blocked).

Old May 12, 2013, 3:52 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, IHG Plat., former LH HON (now Silver), Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by marcuslai
I would go for row 11. Compared with the below photo taken from row 12, you have more headroom for your legs (the red part is gone), and you have more storage space under your feet (the green part is also not blocked).

'headroom' for my legs? Anyways, your photo is the A seat, to be avoided in row 12, yes.
Old May 12, 2013, 7:43 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by IsleSeat
'headroom' for my legs? Anyways, your photo is the A seat, to be avoided in row 12, yes.
What he meant is the clearance above the legs. As there's no table in front on row 11
Old May 16, 2013, 2:51 am
Original Poster

Thanks, to everyone that shared their experiences on here. Exactly what I wanted to know! Thanks for the warm welcome. Blue skies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.