Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Review of new F wing

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2014, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by mayodave
I was in the F Wing for about 3 hrs last night and this is a peal ravel period, it was pretty empty from 7 - 10 pm and the restaurant had a max of 10 people in it and the food offerings were all fresh and tasty
The lounge (especially dining room) gets really busy around 11pm (at least it was 2 days ago when I was there).
Old Apr 30, 2014, 9:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B142 Safari/8536.25)

If qf lounge is available, i feel thats better than even wing F. Airy spacious heaps of good food. No chinese options tho
Old May 2, 2014, 9:40 pm

Programs: CX/MP, ASIA MILES, RITZ CARLTON/ MARRIOT, SPG, STAR ALLIANCE
Originally Posted by kevino
I'm glad there was an attendant in the bathroom, because it was so dark in there I couldn't see where to exit.

Also, despite some signs, I couldn't see how to get to the business class part of the lounge.
nay!! that sucks...can't take the mrs in
Old May 3, 2014, 12:45 am

I'm about to book an award ticket. TPE-HKG-LAX in F.
I kind of want to enjoy the F lounge but the flights that are closer to the departure times for HKG-LAX are usually regional C or old style C on the 343. If i want real F from TPE to HKG i'd have 3.5 hrs to kill in the lounge. Is it worth getting there early? I have flown CX F before (couple years ago, but have not had a chance to visit the newly renovated Wing Lounge).
I wouldn't be able to try out multiple lounges right?

My trip is personal and not too long. I will have to wait a few hrs once I land at LAX for a connecting flight that gets me to SJC on RJ7.
Old May 3, 2014, 4:10 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by kaiotes
I kind of want to enjoy the F lounge but the flights that are closer to the departure times for HKG-LAX are usually regional C or old style C on the 343.
TPE flights are prone to be last minute equip swap anyways. I would just go for the flight that suits your schedule best. Plus, you can't really experience 'real F' on a 50 minutes flight.
If i want real F from TPE to HKG i'd have 3.5 hrs to kill in the lounge. Is it worth getting there early? I have flown CX F before (couple years ago, but have not had a chance to visit the newly renovated Wing Lounge).
I would say 3.5 hour transit would be a decent amount of time to visit the lounge. There are many people who would even go out of they way to spend 15+ hours hopping lounges at HKIA.

My trip is personal and not too long. I will have to wait a few hrs once I land at LAX for a connecting flight that gets me to SJC on RJ7.
Yes you can. Just ask the first lounge to stamp your lounge invite and you will be allow to use it at all CX F/J and the new QF lounge during your transit at HKG.
Old May 3, 2014, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by CanucksHKG
Yes you can. Just ask the first lounge to stamp your lounge invite and you will be allow to use it at all CX F/J and the new QF lounge during your transit at HKG.
IME a same-day F boarding pass serves just as well as the lounge invitation.
Old May 3, 2014, 9:55 am

Programs: AA 2MM PLT, HH Gold, Marriott Silver
Just as an aside, since you're going to SJC anyway, have you looked at TPE-HKG-SFO instead? I was able to book an HKG-SFO F award recently, so they're not impossible to find (2 flights/day). This would eliminate the not-minor hassle of clearing customs and transiting in LA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.