Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HKG - DPS

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2013, 2:54 am

Programs: BR Diamond, ROP Gold, CX Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jamienbaker
Any recent updates? I'm flying JFKHKG/DPS (only that direction), 4 pax booked in F awards in late August. Currently showing 744.
I was on DPS/HKG last Sunday - was given a seat in a full F cabin (9/9), were told by the SP that amongst those seated in F that flight, 1 is DM+, 5 are DMs and 3 are MPC Gold.

Flew on 773Z on the HKG/DPS sector few days earlier. The new regional J is good for the 4+ hours flight.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 3:06 am

Originally Posted by flyerfly
I was on DPS/HKG last Sunday - was given a seat in a full F cabin (9/9), were told by the SP that amongst those seated in F that flight, 1 is DM+, 5 are DMs and 3 are MPC Gold.

Flew on 773Z on the HKG/DPS sector few days earlier. The new regional J is good for the 4+ hours flight.
Is it your understanding then that the nose is allocated based on CX status, as the sole criteria? I certainly hope not. No status here except OWE...though we are all booked in F on the long haul.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 4:21 am

Programs: BR Diamond, ROP Gold, CX Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Is it your understanding then that the nose is allocated based on CX status, as the sole criteria? I certainly hope not. No status here except OWE...though we are all booked in F on the long haul.
I am not sure to be honest. When I booked my flight online, I was able to select a seat in the F cabin - would imagine other DMs (or perhaps Gold) have the same options too. So if your flight is full of DMs (or perhaps Gold) travelling in J, and they have pre-booked the F seats, then bad luck for other OWE.

Good luck mate !
Old Jul 31, 2013, 4:26 am

Originally Posted by flyerfly
I am not sure to be honest. When I booked my flight online, I was able to select a seat in the F cabin - would imagine other DMs (or perhaps Gold) have the same options too. So if your flight is full of DMs (or perhaps Gold) travelling in J, and they have pre-booked the F seats, then bad luck for other OWE.

Good luck mate !
Perhaps I should ring res and see if they make an exception. JAL always did, though their 744s are long gone at this point. Many thanks - Jamie
Old Jul 31, 2013, 4:27 am
Suspended

I noticed that I can select seat 1A and 1K on MMB. Previously they block all seats.
(this is for HKG-DPS on the 744 2 Class)
Also I noticed that on a flight I am taking next week where it is sold as 2 class but op by 33G, the PEY section is not even shown on MMB, but showing on EF but all seats blocked.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 4:37 am

Originally Posted by correctioncx
I noticed that I can select seat 1A and 1K on MMB. Previously they block all seats.
(this is for HKG-DPS on the 744 2 Class)
Also I noticed that on a flight I am taking next week where it is sold as 2 class but op by 33G, the PEY section is not even shown on MMB, but showing on EF but all seats blocked.
That's the iPhone app, right? It apparently doesn't allow you to access reservations simply using name/PNR. And iPad app simply opens the website. This is very frustrating to me.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 4:39 am
Suspended

That's the iPhone app, right? It apparently doesn't allow you to access reservations simply using name/PNR. And iPad app simply opens the website. This is very frustrating to me.
No. I am using cx.com MMB function. Not using Name/PNR app. What app is that??
Old Jul 31, 2013, 4:43 am

No. I am using cx.com MMB function. Not using Name/PNR app. What app is that??
Oh, my bad. Manage my booking. I thought it was mobile something-or-other. Seems the CX site recognizes CX status but not OW status. I guess thats reasonable, I'll try calling when res opens in US because at this point I can't select seats at all. Not sure why. Perhaps because agent overrode bassinet block for us? Don't know. Very, very irritated, I don't enjoy battlefield upgrades.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 5:15 am
Suspended

Oh, my bad. Manage my booking. I thought it was mobile something-or-other. Seems the CX site recognizes CX status but not OW status. I guess thats reasonable, I'll try calling when res opens in US because at this point I can't select seats at all. Not sure why. Perhaps because agent overrode bassinet block for us? Don't know. Very, very irritated, I don't enjoy battlefield upgrades.
THey have BLocked it ALL according to Expertflyer, however on MMB they showed 1 A and 1K open, so I guess it is a special dynamic seat blocking (like BA's system).
Old Aug 3, 2013, 5:29 pm

THey have BLocked it ALL according to Expertflyer, however on MMB they showed 1 A and 1K open, so I guess it is a special dynamic seat blocking (like BA's system).
We got crushed. At the Wing. Nose fully allocated to DMs, despite requests from JFK and low BN numbers. While I understand the policy, I personally think connecting F tickets should have higher priority when connecting to/from 3-class aircraft sold as two. This day is off to a very rotten start.
Old Aug 3, 2013, 5:47 pm

Programs: Alaska MPVG75, AAdvantage PlatPro, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
We got crushed. At the Wing. Nose fully allocated to DMs, despite requests from JFK and low BN numbers. While I understand the policy, I personally think connecting F tickets should have higher priority when connecting to/from 3-class aircraft sold as two. This day is off to a very rotten start.
At least your flying in long haul J. When we do the trip at xmas, it will probably be regional J. And it's only a 4 hour flight--which ends in Bali. How bad can it be?
Old Aug 3, 2013, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by 25milesfromhome
At least your flying in long haul J. When we do the trip at xmas, it will probably be regional J. And it's only a 4 hour flight--which ends in Bali. How bad can it be?
True, true. Benefit of flying on Sunday is they still have the 744. I'd be happier with regional J however, because at least then I wouldn't feel victimized by what I consider an asinine policy.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 6:55 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Anyone know which aircraft flies this route on Fridays? I'll be connecting to CX 785 from CX 881 in F on Aug. 16, and i have seat reservations in J. It looks to be a regional J, not long haul. Is the 747 in use on Fridays?

I'm going to ask when I board in LA and again at the Wing if I can be seated in the F seats if the 744 is flying that day.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by susiesan
Anyone know which aircraft flies this route on Fridays? I'll be connecting to CX 785 from CX 881 in F on Aug. 16, and i have seat reservations in J. It looks to be a regional J, not long haul. Is the 747 in use on Fridays?

I'm going to ask when I board in LA and again at the Wing if I can be seated in the F seats if the 744 is flying that day.
744 is Sunday only. JFK and Wing were of no help, despite me being in F and having Emerald status....apparently the nose only goes to CX DMs which I think is bad policy. I'm revenue-biased...revenue should trump all, though I support CX's decision to put own members ahead of OW equivalents for perks.
Old Aug 8, 2013, 5:37 am
Suspended

744 is Sunday only. JFK and Wing were of no help, despite me being in F and having Emerald status....apparently the nose only goes to CX DMs which I think is bad policy. I'm revenue-biased...revenue should trump all, though I support CX's decision to put own members ahead of OW equivalents for perks.
Z or F?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.