Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

How good is CX with baggage damage compensation

How good is CX with baggage damage compensation

Old Nov 5, 2012, 9:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by hi11
I found my Rimowa broken at LHR..
Got a brand new one a week later!

Congratulations....no word from CX yet, although that's a bit expected since we were on a long holiday last weekend. So I guess I'll try calling them on Friday or next week.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by kesler.go
Congratulations....no word from CX yet, although that's a bit expected since we were on a long holiday last weekend. So I guess I'll try calling them on Friday or next week.
It takes time. But keep following up will help.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 6:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by garykung
It takes time. But keep following up will help.
I know some of you don't like CX that much, and don't think status means anything other than a shinny card on your bag. Anyway I did notice the change in the tone of the representative when he saw on the records that I was a GO and I was on F (ex MNL).
Old Nov 7, 2012, 3:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
I know some of you don't like CX that much, and don't think status means anything other than a shinny card on your bag. Anyway I did notice the change in the tone of the representative when he saw on the records that I was a GO and I was on F (ex MNL).
Status definitely helps.

In all cases (not just CX), baggage claims take your energy away. Keep following up is your best friend.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 11:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by garykung
Status definitely helps.

In all cases (not just CX), baggage claims take your energy away. Keep following up is your best friend.
I sent an email this morning, CX Manila replied that they have forwarded to PVG for resolution. Not sure if its a good sign.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 11:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I sent an email this morning, CX Manila replied that they have forwarded to PVG for resolution. Not sure if its a good sign.
I assume you are MNL-based.

Unless you are still in PVG, I don't see why it has to be forwarded to PVG (as compensation or replacement will be sent to your home).

Something does not seem right...but at least, they respond.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 8:19 pm
Original Poster

Been almost one month, followed up via email this morning and the guys here in Manila told me it is still "under assessment".
Old Dec 3, 2012, 9:50 pm
Original Poster

after almost 2 months...I got an email from CX yesterday saying it's been routed to HKG. I don't really know whats going on.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

after almost 2 months...I got an email from CX yesterday saying it's been routed to HKG. I don't really know whats going on.
Look at my point #4 and #5.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/19562101-post10.html

They are indeed my personal experience. What you can really do now is keep following up (and if you are a big spender on CX/KA, showing off a little your status may help).
Old Dec 5, 2012, 3:32 am
Original Poster

Just got a call from CX here, they told me that after assessment they are only willing to pay $560 (bag value at $700). It's a 4 year old Rimowa so I guess it's only fair. Plus I think I got it cheaper too.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just got a call from CX here, they told me that after assessment they are only willing to pay $560 (bag value at $700). It's a 4 year old Rimowa so I guess it's only fair. Plus I think I got it cheaper too.
Still - keep following up.

You never know when they will cut you the cheque...
Old Dec 6, 2012, 5:31 am
Suspended

Programs: Too many to list
A pal of mine had his luggage delayed 9 days and when he got it, the carton was open and a lot of stuff missing. The only way he actually got it in 9 days and not 9 weeks is because he went on their facebook page and openly begged the question about why he spends so much money in a year to be treated like dirt. It just happens this guy has a big following on FB and also brings CX some serious business due to his work.

Within 24 hrs CX twigged what was going on and he got his luggage and a follow up visit to his office by some pretty senior people.

10 days later ha had a cheque in his hand for $2500 US to cover the stress he endured and the his huge phone bill he racked up.

The power of social media can work.

He has since told me that on all his last 8 long haul flights 7 times he has been in F and often has senior people waiting to greet him off the plane and at Milan he was whisked through the VIP channels.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 2:15 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by hi11
I found my Rimowa broken at LHR..
Got a brand new one a week later!
Did CX compensate you through a cheque? Or an actual replacement?
Old Dec 9, 2012, 2:16 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mayodave
He has since told me that on all his last 8 long haul flights 7 times he has been in F and often has senior people waiting to greet him off the plane and at Milan he was whisked through the VIP channels.
What class was he booked in? What's his/his company annual revenue with CX?
Old Dec 10, 2012, 4:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CanucksHKG
Did CX compensate you through a cheque? Or an actual replacement?
CX Manila was nice enough to deposit the check to my account yesterday. They would have done it last Thursday but I forgot to attach a copy of an ID to the release form. Went to Rimowa yesterday and got a new one.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.