Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

using asiamiles for booking within US

Old Jul 12, 2012, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

My family 3 members has approx 40K miles accumulated over couple of years in Asia miles. They are expiring this august.

I have tried three times this year, to redeem flights within USA in AA and AS well in advance (for e.g. called them today to book flight to PDX in december 2012) and all the time they are saying they don't have tickets..

Now i am thinking is it even worth to have Asiamiles in US ?

Whats the best way to redeem the asia miles ?

Thanks
Old Jul 12, 2012, 3:54 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by maduser74
My family 3 members has approx 40K miles accumulated over couple of years in Asia miles. They are expiring this august.

I have tried three times this year, to redeem flights within USA in AA and AS well in advance (for e.g. called them today to book flight to PDX in december 2012) and all the time they are saying they don't have tickets..

Now i am thinking is it even worth to have Asiamiles in US ?

Whats the best way to redeem the asia miles ?

Thanks
When in December? Most of December is peak. The chance of getting partner's award travel is slim.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 3:36 pm
Original Poster

I tried this for July in Feb..I am trying now for any day after dec 20 and return around after a week. I understand its slim, but i am not able to get a ticket to anywhere nearby from SFO. I tried to get LA/LAS/PHX but any dates i ask i wasn't able to get it.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 6:55 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by maduser74
I tried this for July in Feb..I am trying now for any day after dec 20 and return around after a week. I understand its slim, but i am not able to get a ticket to anywhere nearby from SFO. I tried to get LA/LAS/PHX but any dates i ask i wasn't able to get it.
If you check on AA.com and a SAAver award is available on a specific FLT, you can redeem it through AM. My understanding is tat AA.com also searches AS now.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.