CX On Line Check In Not Working

Old Jul 14, 2012, 8:18 pm
Original Poster

CX On Line Check In Not Working

We're in BKK and are having sporadic success with CX Online Check In.

We have three flights bunched together and received e-mails for Online Check In for each flight.

CX713
CX714
CX767

On passengers was able to check in for CX714 and now, after linking from CX check in email to the website CX is unable to find the other flights.

We got the emails and Manage My Booking confirmed the flights, so I'm guessing no problems, but it sure is nice to check in early.

Do anyone have experience with this?

Thanks.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 9:11 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
I got similar problem when the check-in system has a mismatch with the reservation system. They had an equipment change few days before departure and forgot to update their check-in system. F wasn't originally provided before the change and therefore they kept saying my F ticket was invalid when I tried to check in. Not sure if that's your case though...

Make sure you go to the airport extra early. It took them forever to check me in as they couldn't locate my record at check-in counter either.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 9:19 pm
Original Poster

OK. Good to know. Thanks.

We're on a Explorer RTW ticket. Would if be worth it making a call to AAEXP Desk? CX is closed for the weekend in BKK, but maybe AAEXP can call CX "back office".

Of course we could call and find out, but just wanted to know your take on it.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 9:26 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by zznoname
OK. Good to know. Thanks.

We're on a Explorer RTW ticket. Would if be worth it making a call to AAEXP Desk? CX is closed for the weekend in BKK, but maybe AAEXP can call CX "back office".

Of course we could call and find out, but just wanted to know your take on it.
I called CX too when I couldn't check in. The reservation agent assured me that everything is fine and they had no idea why I couldn't check-in. Doesn't hurt to call to get some reassurance. But make sure to have your e-ticket ready. They had to use my e-ticket number to locate my record eventually.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 6:13 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by zznoname
We're in BKK and are having sporadic success with CX Online Check In.

We have three flights bunched together and received e-mails for Online Check In for each flight.

CX713
CX714
CX767

On passengers was able to check in for CX714 and now, after linking from CX check in email to the website CX is unable to find the other flights.

We got the emails and Manage My Booking confirmed the flights, so I'm guessing no problems, but it sure is nice to check in early.

Do anyone have experience with this?

Thanks.
Can you type in the PAX detail and try to do it directly on the OLCI page? If not, try calling e-service centre at +80027472200.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 7:54 pm
Original Poster

Oh Yes it was very important to have the ticket numbers ready at CX Check In.
No problems, but took a good while.

I asked the luggage be checked through to SGN, but because of the long 9 hour LO in SIN the agent suggested we only check to SIN.

Still, strange that we were able to OLCI for one person's 1 of 3 legs.

I mean, if the "number" is lost in limbo, then the whole thing is lost?

Last edited by zznoname; Jul 15, 2012 at 8:02 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.