Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

CX807 ORD to HKG: What Should I Expect (and Cirrus or no Cirrus)?

Old Jun 29, 2012, 7:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, BA

I will be flying from Chicago to Hong Kong on July 5, and I just used miles to upgrade my ticket (and my girlfriend's ticket) to business class. We were assigned seats 19D and 19G, and based on my ticket information from British Airways, we will be flying a 777-300ER with a flight number of CX 807.

Does the Chicago to Hong Kong route feature the new Cirrus business class seats? If our plane has the old business class, however, I will be less than pleased.

To those of you who have flown this route, what can I expect in Cathay's business class? I usually fly United, but it appears as if Cathay's new business class has a better layout.

It it possible to determine whether your flight features the new Cirrus business class seats? If so, how?

All comments are welcome.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 8:23 am

http://data.flight24.com/flights/cx807

I don't know how reliable that is, but it's been for me in the past. I usually cross reference the sticky thread about Cirrus with the tail numbers. To me, it looks like it's a great chance at Cirrus .
Old Jun 29, 2012, 8:32 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by kpozan
I will be flying from Chicago to Hong Kong on July 5, and I just used miles to upgrade my ticket (and my girlfriend's ticket) to business class. We were assigned seats 19D and 19G, and based on my ticket information from British Airways, we will be flying a 777-300ER with a flight number of CX 807.

Does the Chicago to Hong Kong route feature the new Cirrus business class seats? If our plane has the old business class, however, I will be less than pleased.

To those of you who have flown this route, what can I expect in Cathay's business class? I usually fly United, but it appears as if Cathay's new business class has a better layout.

It it possible to determine whether your flight features the new Cirrus business class seats? If so, how?

All comments are welcome.
Most likely yes, but to check, please refer to FAQ 1.3.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 8:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by infamousdx
http://data.flight24.com/flights/cx807

I don't know how reliable that is, but it's been for me in the past. I usually cross reference the sticky thread about Cirrus with the tail numbers. To me, it looks like it's a great chance at Cirrus .
Originally Posted by ernestnywang
Most likely yes, but to check, please refer to FAQ 1.3.
Very helpful responses. Thanks!
Old Jun 29, 2012, 8:35 am

i have flown this route sveral times they have a brand new business class i think its most days. Its way better than BA and the service is awesome try this url https://www.cathaypacific.com/cpa/en...wbusinessclass
Old Jun 29, 2012, 9:02 am

Programs: Active: AA, UA, DL
There are only 2 B777-300ERs with the old J seats, and they're assigned to the MXP route. While substitutions do occur, the chance of getting the 77A is very low now!
Old Jun 29, 2012, 9:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Wiirachay
There are only 2 B777-300ERs with the old J seats, and they're assigned to the MXP route. While substitutions do occur, the chance of getting the 77A is very low now!
Thanks. I just saw that as well.

"77A (Herringbone Business Class) is currently being deployed only to Milan. All other Long Haul destinations with 77W service are served by the 77D (Cirrus Business Class)."

I also confirmed the CX 807 flight on July 5th has only 26 rows of Business Class, which indicates the Business Class section contains Cirrus seats.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 1:04 pm

Programs: Marco Polo
Yeah, it's the new J product, unless of equipment change to 77A then your safe !
Old Jun 30, 2012, 10:44 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by kpozan
Good move getting the two middle seats - although I don't travel with others, they seem ideal for people travelling together (instead of an A/D or G/K combo). If you don't mind reporting back I'd be very curious to know what you thought of those two seats for a couple traveling together.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 6:37 am

Flight 807 July 17 2014. Refurbished by then?

We are flying 807 , first class on July 2014 from ORD to Hong Kong. Does anyone know if it will be refurbished with the new first class by then?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.