Wiki Posts
Search

CX availability for BA customers

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2012, 5:02 am
Original Poster

CX availability for BA customers

Hi all,

Below is a cross-post from the BA site. Any thoughts on CX availability from the west coast of the US/CA to HKG? It seems odd that there is flat out nothing

I have been living in Geneva for the last couple of years and have accumulated quite a pile of miles/Avios points.

I'd really like to use them to get to Asia from the west coast of the US, ideally Seattle but YVR/SFO/LAX are OK too. The BA site claims no partner availability for any date in Sep/Oct for all four cities to HKG.

Does this sound hinky? I find the BA site to be pretty flaky, so it wouldn't shock me if it was broken. Any thoughts on CX award seat availability generally? I didn't think any airline was less generous than BA with reward seats.
Old May 29, 2012, 5:56 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
I don't know about US-Asia but I know regional Asia has excellent availability for BA customers. And flights like HKG-SIN, HKG-HND, HKG-PEK etc are 20k Avios each way in J and 30k each way in F, with minimal taxes and fees. ^

For example this weekend I am flying HND-HKG in F for 30k Avios and Ł37.50...that's a 4.30h flight...
Old May 29, 2012, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Welcome to FlyerTalk.

http://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php#q64

Post Your Thread to Just One Forum - link to this guideline
Don't post the same thread more than once. Our members read many forums, and weeding through the same message in multiple forums can be frustrating. Duplicate threads will be deleted, combined or locked.
If you are trying to get from SEA to YVR/SFO/LAX, you're going to be flying Alaska Airlines (AS). BA's site will not show AS flights. You would want to search Alaskaair.com for Super Saver awards.

Incidentally: what cabin are you searching in? AA has plenty of availability in F on LAX-NRT during the month of September, as well as onwards flights on CX to HKG. So it seems at least one partner has availability to Asia.

Last edited by eponymous_coward; May 29, 2012 at 6:16 am
Old May 29, 2012, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
1. Cross posting is not allowed.
2. Question pertains to award though on CX but has nothing to do with Asiamiles, hence it is useless to be here.
3. Thread is to be closed.

Thank you

Guy Betsy
Cathay Pacific Asia Miles forum co-mod

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.