Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

How to assign F seats on CX on the 77W

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to assign F seats on CX on the 77W

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2014, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by dagaetch
for someone flying as a solo passenger, any particular reason to go for 2A instead of 1A?
+1 for 2A. 1A is near the door for the pilots rest area. The potential for noise/disturbance would be higher than 2A.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
+1 for 2A (or 2K for that matter). Being back in the cabin gives a greater sense of space, and the bulkhead is further away.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 12:23 am

I've flown in 1A and 2K and would take 1A over 2K any day of the week. The galley is on the K side of the plane and I heard them putting meals together. 1A was quiet, though I'm sure 2A might be more quiet, as long as the J cabin behind isn't noisy.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 1:40 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by nemme99
1A was quiet, though I'm sure 2A might be more quiet, as long as the J cabin behind isn't noisy.
I think it's luck of the draw...I've actually had "much" better luck in 2A than 1A. I've never encountered noise from the J cabin, whereas on a number of occasions the FAs (and once the pilots) were chatting right in front of 1A, which serves as both the ISM's seat as well as the stairs up to the flight crew rest area.

End of the day these are major first world problems. But fwiw, my first choice is usually 2A, followed by 2K if 2D is likely empty, followed by either 1A or 2A (agnostic), followed by the middles. I almost always fly alone.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by QRC3288
I think it's luck of the draw...I've actually had "much" better luck in 2A than 1A. I've never encountered noise from the J cabin, whereas on a number of occasions the FAs (and once the pilots) were chatting right in front of 1A, which serves as both the ISM's seat as well as the stairs up to the flight crew rest area.

End of the day these are major first world problems. But fwiw, my first choice is usually 2A, followed by 2K if 2D is likely empty, followed by either 1A or 2A (agnostic), followed by the middles. I almost always fly alone.
In one of my flight before, it was actually the pilot and the ISM chatting (actually flirting) and they were pretty loud.

You're right about the first world problem part though. But then again this is FT . Personally, I'm thankful just being fortunate enough to be able to experience F.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 11:32 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
Just found 2 F seats for my LAX-HKG award flight next week. I called US reservations and was told 2A and 2K were blocked. They gave us 1D and 1K. We will see what we end up with at check-in or once on the plane.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 11:48 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Pt, CBP Global Entry
Originally Posted by Jeeves
Just found 2 F seats for my LAX-HKG award flight next week. I called US reservations and was told 2A and 2K were blocked. They gave us 1D and 1K. We will see what we end up with at check-in or once on the plane.
Call US to get a CX PNR and then call CX to get 2A and 2K.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by ngoc92
Call US to get a CX PNR and then call CX to get 2A and 2K.
I have the CX PNR. I called CX US-based reservations and was told they block 2A and 2K. I suppose I could call back and see if I get a more helpful agent.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 12:42 pm

Update

Called CX again and was given 1A and 2A. Was given the warning about having to give up 2A for baby bassinet. I said that was fine.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 6:56 pm

I just flew in 1A on a mid-afternoon flight outside of HKG. The cabin crew were quite loud before/after take off, while they sat in their seats directly ahead of me. It really might be luck. I never heard any noise from J for that matter. I'd prefer 2A.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 8:10 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by DL172
The cabin crew were quite loud before/after take off, while they sat in their seats directly ahead of me. It really might be luck. I never heard any noise from J for that matter. I'd prefer 2A.
This has been my experience as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.