Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

How to assign F seats on CX on the 77W

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to assign F seats on CX on the 77W

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2014, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by alien
Data point: on an AAward redemption for an 807 flight 10+ months out, I was able to use MB to assign 1D & 1K (preferred over 1A & 2A) that thus far seems to have held. They also show up on Amadeus. I don't believe our OW status was relevant.
Sorry, what does MB stand for?
Old Apr 13, 2014, 4:13 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by drzoidberg
Sorry, what does MB stand for?
MMB

Manage My Booking on cx.com
Old Apr 13, 2014, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by CanucksHKG
MMB

Manage My Booking on cx.com
Oh thanks! Well I tried MB and was unable to select a seat other than 2D, 8 months out. Guess I'll try calling then.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 1:49 pm

Here's another datapoint. Called US number and was able to get seats 1A/2A about 8 months out.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by drzoidberg
Here's another datapoint. Called US number and was able to get seats 1A/2A about 8 months out.
It doesn't matter that you have them NOW.

Within the next 8 months you are practically guaranteed to have the system "reassign" you to other seats.

Been there and done that over a dozen times in the last several years. I have just given up and try at the airport.

I'm not sure what part of this people on here are not understanding. Here today, gone tomorrow!
Old Apr 14, 2014, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by Flyingfox
It doesn't matter that you have them NOW.

Within the next 8 months you are practically guaranteed to have the system "reassign" you to other seats.

Been there and done that over a dozen times in the last several years. I have just given up and try at the airport.

I'm not sure what part of this people on here are not understanding. Here today, gone tomorrow!
I'll call back religiously.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 10:27 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Is 1A desired just because it's 1A? Personally all the F seats are excellent, and as long as you are in an A or K seat with a window, I would be happy.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by sxc
Is 1A desired just because it's 1A? Personally all the F seats are excellent, and as long as you are in an A or K seat with a window, I would be happy.
I would be happy with any window seat, really. The agent said that only 1A/2A were available, so I was glad to oblige.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 11:19 pm

Programs: CX DM
From my experience, the A side is quieter (FAs gather at the galley which is on the K side). But 2A is marginally better since it is further away from the noise from the F bathrooms and galley. However, 2A comes with the risk of being kicked out to (most likely) a D seat by a baby. Hence I would prefer to just get 1A and be done with it.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 1:00 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP, Marco Polo Silver
I just booked an award trip for October/November. The seating chart only showed 2D as available. I called the US Cathay number, and after being on hold for 10 minutes I was able to easily be assigned to 2A/2K, with no hassle from the agent at all.

We'll see if the assignment holds. I hope so, as the window is my primary source of entertainment for long haul flights.

The last time I flew F was in early 2011, and I didn't have any problems getting/keeping 2K for that booking.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by jmj9905
I have been able to get 1a/2a in the past. I have tickets for my wife and I ord/hkg 4/15 return 5/22. I got 2k originaly because I was told 2d was the only side by side available. Try to get 1a/2a coming back and told no way because id/1k was available. Now other seats are booked. It seems now, if you are first passengers you can't get 2a or 2k. I don't understand these restrictions on first class seats. Makes no sense.
I've had 4 seats (family) in F, at a time that the other two travelers' seats had already been assigned to 1A and 1K. As a result, they have NOT been able to give us seat assignments, even though there would nowhere else for us to be seated save for the precious 2A/2K seats! Agree makes no sense. I've basically given up, I try to work it out at the airport or the lounge, by applying the logic that it places less of a burden on the solo traveler to ask them if they'd be willing to move, than it is to have my family crossing back and forth through the galley. Our preference obviously is 1D/K 2D/K if we're all fortunate enough to be up front. Other pax (if flying solo) have graciously moved to 1A/2A - obviously better for them.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 1:17 pm

Programs: Delta, United, American
Have called before and been assigned 1A/2A months in advance by stating "I know 2A is a bassinet seat and I'll have to move if that is needed by another passenger". Both times I flew before I pre-reserved and got 1A/2A no problem (even once when F was full). Have a trip in July and have had same seats reserved for months. Haven't been bumped yet. Not sure why there is such inconsistency in agents assigning 2A/2K. 1A and 2A are great for 2 people travelling together. You can dine together and have the general feeling of privacy from the other 4 seats.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 5:58 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
I just figure out that they only let me select 2D using Manage Booking if I have no status. However when I update my booking with CX gold number then 1A, 1K, 1D become available. So if you have OW status you may try and see if it works.
Old May 6, 2014, 9:40 pm

I had a similar problem here for my upcoming HKG-JFK flight. MMB only allowed me to book 2D and nothing else. I called the CX reservation office in Bangkok and got through very quickly. Asked the agent for a window seat. First she offered 1K, but I asked for 1A instead (to which she agreed). It is now confirmed, but I'll keep checking to see if they'll change on me.
Old May 18, 2014, 3:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Booked 1A and 2A five months ago on upcoming HKG-JFK. Under two weeks out and just lost 2A. Ef.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.