Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Photos of new Premium Economy & Economy Seats

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Photos of new Premium Economy & Economy Seats

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2012, 9:40 am

Programs: Thai, Cathay, Lufthansa, Delta, SPG, Hilton, IH, LHW
We are not currently speaking of 1000usd+++ for Y+. On a one way, HKG-JFK, from V to R, the price quoted to me by CX was 77usd...not really a huge amount...

And good point for foot rest only in first row....not great to have Y+ and no foot rest
Old Feb 26, 2012, 10:05 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by maisondubonheur
We are not currently speaking of 1000usd+++ for Y+. On a one way, HKG-JFK, from V to R, the price quoted to me by CX was 77usd...not really a huge amount...

And good point for foot rest only in first row....not great to have Y+ and no foot rest
They may be offering some promotional prices to start, but I've been looking at fares during peak season this summer, and I'm seeing over US $1000 difference between the L fares in Economy (which are running around US $1600 JFK-HKG) and the R fares in Y+ (which are running US $2700-$2800).

I guess only time will tell what people are willing to pay.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 10:35 am

It looks like there is a foot rest in all rows. It deploys from the seat in front, except in the first row. Maybe only the first row get the leg rest?
Originally Posted by neuro0
without a leg rest (except first row), can they be comfortable?
My flights on Elite class on BR were comfy , despite not having a foot rest since the leg rest did the trick for me.
I assume they will block the first row of the PE for some reasons.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 10:49 am

Programs: CX Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by fpc552
It looks like there is a foot rest in all rows. It deploys from the seat in front, except in the first row. Maybe only the first row get the leg rest?
Yep. That's what CX website says.

'Front-row seats have a legrest, and other seats have a three-position footrest which help you find a variety of positions to make your flights as enjoyable as possible.'

http://www.cathaypacific.com/cpa/en_...umeconomyclass
Old Feb 26, 2012, 11:03 am

Programs: CX MPC, Aeroplan, Starwood, Hyatt
Originally Posted by Cathay Boy
Very underwhelming and I guess like some other people have said, it is Y+ and not J-, but still, for a 5-star airline you would think they want to be industry leaders in all cabins. Anyway, slightly bigger, slightly more recline, slightly better IFE, you get juice/champagne as you board, a towel, and slightly better food. Yeah, I want to shell out another $1000-$2000 just so I can be "slightly" better than the Y seat? Not. I would rather use that money at bars, restaurants, saunas/spas in East Asia.
+1. Nothing impressive. Looks like a copy of BA and Qantas Y+, without putting much extra thought into a more unique product like the new J. Thought Slosar said it would be more a like regional business class etc...

Wouldn't it suck if you got upgraded from Y extra leg room window seat to Y+ and had to sit in the center section, middle, one seat away from aisle?

Last edited by ahks; Feb 26, 2012 at 11:11 am
Old Feb 26, 2012, 11:11 am

Programs: CX DM, Mileage Plus
Simple Math:

33B/33E: Y= 223
33G: Y=175, PY = 28

223-175= 48

28PY=48Y
PY=1.72Y

77A/77D: Y=238
77H: Y=182, PY=34

238-182=56
34PY=56Y
PY=1.65Y

So CX has to charge 70% more per seat just to break even with the Y seats lost...assuming cost savings are neglible.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 12:37 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by iten
Simple Math:

33B/33E: Y= 223
33G: Y=175, PY = 28

223-175= 48

28PY=48Y
PY=1.72Y

77A/77D: Y=238
77H: Y=182, PY=34

238-182=56
34PY=56Y
PY=1.65Y

So CX has to charge 70% more per seat just to break even with the Y seats lost...assuming cost savings are neglible.
^ Excellent analysis, and I think it shows us where we can expect discounted Y+ pricing to be.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 1:31 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by 380Flyer
Looks like a smart product.

With this release, CX has to have one of the most competitive product in the air!

Looking forward to testing the product on 01 Dec from HKG-SYD.
Originally Posted by 380Flyer
You cannot really tell from this particular photo...you've got it try it before you make your verdict!
exactly! i don't see how u can make the "most competitive product in the air" verdict without trying.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 1:32 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by ahks
+1. Nothing impressive. Looks like a copy of BA and Qantas Y+, without putting much extra thought into a more unique product like the new J. Thought Slosar said it would be more a like regional business class etc...

Wouldn't it suck if you got upgraded from Y extra leg room window seat to Y+ and had to sit in the center section, middle, one seat away from aisle?
you can always decline the upgrade and request for your original seat back.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 2:01 pm

Check it out here for more details:
http://airlineroute.net/2011/08/20/cx-77g-mar12/
Old Feb 26, 2012, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by Cathay Boy
Very underwhelming and I guess like some other people have said, it is Y+ and not J-, but still, for a 5-star airline you would think they want to be industry leaders in all cabins. Anyway, slightly bigger, slightly more recline, slightly better IFE, you get juice/champagne as you board, a towel, and slightly better food. Yeah, I want to shell out another $1000-$2000 just so I can be "slightly" better than the Y seat? Not. I would rather use that money at bars, restaurants, saunas/spas in East Asia.
I share the same opinion. PE is termed as Regional Business chair class and for long haul this extra cost just does not cut in. The price I see is stiff by competitive standards to other airlines. Save the $1000+ and I can use the same money on ground and pamper myself silly.

Some write ups and picture here:
http://www.cnngo.com/explorations/li...details-791024
Old Feb 26, 2012, 2:36 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob

Actually from the pictures I think qantas Y+ is much much better. No leg rest in most seats?? Can't believe that.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by sxc
Actually from the pictures I think qantas Y+ is much much better. No leg rest in most seats?? Can't believe that.
+1 Definitely agree with this, especially their A380 window seats with 42" pitch. Not to mention their overall better food than Cathay...

EDIT: Is the screen in the seat in front? If so, the seat pitch must be very small... Taht means it is definitely the Weber 6810 seat.

Last edited by comcats; Feb 26, 2012 at 2:51 pm
Old Feb 26, 2012, 2:48 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
One other thing...look at this pic:

http://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/imag.../pic_PEY_3.jpg

HOw is the person behind supposed to watch the video screen in reclined position? Even if it angles out, it's still quite low. I suspect Y+ is CX's new hard shell seat. They've reduced capacity but not introduced a product that justifies the price increase.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 2:57 pm

Can't wait till the trip reports start rolling in... this product is just a mystery to me right now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.