Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Photos of new Premium Economy & Economy Seats

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Photos of new Premium Economy & Economy Seats

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2012, 7:06 am

Programs: FT
Originally Posted by midlevels
I need to fly to ORD in March, I'm thinking about flying via YYZ just so I can try the new Y+

I'm guessing that as a GO member booked into Y, they'll seat me into Y+ since they aren't taking bookings yet for this class.

Historically on this route I'm usually op-uped into J almost always in March.
on both my early march flights in J, other than the mini cabin on one 77D flight, although who knows now, which is 7/8, both J cabins are WIDE open. suspect if you booked Y you migh end up in J anyway...
Old Feb 24, 2012, 9:13 am

Programs: Marco Polo
Awesome, I can't wait to see the seats, since CX is doing a delivery ceremony and dinner in the Future Of Flight building, maybe I drive down and watch the proceedings from the upper level !
Old Feb 24, 2012, 1:19 pm

it would also be helpful for those to post photos of the two new J cabins. i am particularly interested in the rear J cabin in front of the Y+ to see if it is the "new" mini cabin or whether sitting in the front of the larger cabin is better....
Old Feb 24, 2012, 5:17 pm

I doubt our access to J, and even the quality of pics we can snap in Y+... plans seem hazy but I'm told we may not be seeing the new seats and cabin until we step on board the 777 for tomorrow's delivery flight – meaning, no little media tour of the 777 prior, we'll just all walk onto it with our carry-on bags tomorrow and off we fly to HK.

If that's indeed the case, our access to J may be very limited because that will be the domain of CX COO Ivan Chu and his invited guests (some lucky MPs among them) for the trip – worse, Y+ could end up with a media bum plonked in every seat, so it'll be packed and reduce the scope for decent shots at good angles... will wait and see how this pans out tomorrow...
Old Feb 24, 2012, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by djsflynn
I doubt our access to J, and even the quality of pics we can snap in Y+... plans seem hazy but I'm told we may not be seeing the new seats and cabin until we step on board the 777 for tomorrow's delivery flight – meaning, no little media tour of the 777 prior, we'll just all walk onto it with our carry-on bags tomorrow and off we fly to HK.

If that's indeed the case, our access to J may be very limited because that will be the domain of CX COO Ivan Chu and his invited guests (some lucky MPs among them) for the trip – worse, Y+ could end up with a media bum plonked in every seat, so it'll be packed and reduce the scope for decent shots at good angles... will wait and see how this pans out tomorrow...
any thing you can snap is going to be great. From the 77g maps, I wonder if you board in the middle of the j sections? Have fun.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by mkjr
From the 77g maps, I wonder if you board in the middle of the j sections?
I suspect we will, but I also suspect we'll be second to board after what some of media here have taken to calling the FoI (Friends of Ivan) set – which will see them happily ensconced in J before we pestering press crowd into Y+ and perhaps rush to snare Y+ seats.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 8:23 pm

I suspect we will, but I also suspect we'll be second to board after what some of media here have taken to calling the FoI (Friends of Ivan) set – which will see them happily ensconced in J before we pestering press crowd into Y+ and perhaps rush to snare Y+ seats.
your closer to this than many of us. Should be fun. I am just to impatient to wait to see it for myself. Since I could be lounge drinking....mean hopping with another ft member in hkg before my 77g flight, my photos might be marginal but will do my best for a tr on j for the same unless another beats me. Very exciting.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 8:29 pm

Programs: JL Sapphire, Aegean Gold, Accor Platinum, HHonours Gold
Such a lack of PR doesnt really inspire confidence in the product.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by hau cheng
Such a lack of PR doesnt really inspire confidence in the product.
cx just came out with imo amazing j. I think y+ will be pretty good and y shoild be nice also. I have confidence in cx with the moves in the new j.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 9:17 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM, SQ TPP, QF GO LIFE, OZ*G LIFE, Marriott TIT LIFE, WOH GLOBALIST LIFE, HH DM, BA GO LIFE
Originally Posted by Studio54
I look forward to seeing the pics next week and trying out the new Y+ in the near future!
The photos should be out by Monday since CX has taken delivery of the new Airbus A330-300 and Boeing 777-300ER on 24 and 25 February 2012 respectively.

These aircrafts would be fitted with the new J class, Y+ and Y seats making CX one of the best in the air.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 9:20 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM, SQ TPP, QF GO LIFE, OZ*G LIFE, Marriott TIT LIFE, WOH GLOBALIST LIFE, HH DM, BA GO LIFE
Originally Posted by mkjr
cx just came out with imo amazing j. I think y+ will be pretty good and y shoild be nice also. I have confidence in cx with the moves in the new j.
The new team lead by Alex McGowan at CX product development has good taste. The new lounge, new J class is done perfectly.

Looking forward to seeing the Y+ and Y class on Monday and trying the Y+ on HKG-SYD on 01 March.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 9:26 pm

"new' doesn't always mean better. Proof? The 'new' coffin J and the 'new' shell Y seats since quickly discarded.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 9:42 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by hau cheng
"new' doesn't always mean better. Proof? The 'new' coffin J and the 'new' shell Y seats since quickly discarded.
Yea, fair point. What's most amazing to me about the previous (74A/77A) J is that it's actually not a bad idea...Virgin, Air Canada and Delta all pull off some version of what CX did and don't nearly get the bashing CX has for their similar product. I, for one, was someone who quite enjoyed the "coffin" J given my travel profile and got many hours of great sleep in that seat. But CX really blew it on the small details. Too narrow for many, material that fell apart quickly, no consideration whatsoever for people travelling together, not to mention a ridiculously aggressive premium setup with 57 J seats on 77A. Poor attention to detail killed it. The seat design itself wasn't fatal...it was the execution by CX that was.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 9:59 pm

For some of the flyboy/fanboys/planespotters out there there is the novelty/fun aspect. For me, its a product that I will often use and pay good cash for. No point having a novelty if you have to sit in it for upteen hours. As you said, the little details are importan, particularly when we are talking about long hours in cramped confines.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 10:24 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Or more likely that you will get on first and once you are settled they will waltz on?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.