Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HKG to TPE.. any food?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2013, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by ChrisLi
Wirelessly posted (Xperia Z: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.4; Nexus 7 Build/KRT16S) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/31.0.1650.59 Safari/537.36)

Just eat on ground. It's sandwich service flight which I always order food platter and stuff myself at lounge instead.

It is no longer sandwich service now for HKG/TPE route.
They now serve hot meals packed in a paper box now with tea.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 5:00 am

Originally Posted by B-HXG
It is no longer sandwich service now for HKG/TPE route.
They now serve hot meals packed in a paper box now with tea.
Which, personally, I find still tastes disgusting. CX has reached a new low, IMHO.

Bette to stuff yourself in the Lounge!
Old Nov 25, 2013, 6:28 am
Suspended

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon
Which, personally, I find still tastes disgusting. CX has reached a new low, IMHO.

Bette to stuff yourself in the Lounge!
Amazing how many people in business class eat the meal they serve because - ITS FREE. Personally I never eat the meals as I am either on my way to HKG and will eat when I get there before my onward flight, or on my way back and already had my breakfast in the lounge after a long haul inbound flight which I always refuse the meal on before landing.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by mayodave
Amazing how many people in business class eat the meal they serve because - ITS FREE. Personally I never eat the meals as I am either on my way to HKG and will eat when I get there before my onward flight, or on my way back and already had my breakfast in the lounge after a long haul inbound flight which I always refuse the meal on before landing.
It is not FREE. We pay for the price of the meal in our air ticket.

But, personally, I agree with you that I would rather eat before/after my flights than take any inflight meal.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 5:24 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
For some reason the fact CX's competitors on the route still offers meals get to me. I'm usually running with my tail between my legs to TPE and have little time for lounge.

Next upcoming trip I'm taking CI. Again, no revenue tix to CX - but CI is definitely cheaper on the route for the flight times. Their hot meal also helped since I'll be missing lunch. Just can't figure out which peso (Skyteam) program to credit those miles in (definitely not DynastyFlyer - CZ or MU?)

Last edited by percysmith; Nov 25, 2013 at 5:30 pm
Old Nov 25, 2013, 7:44 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by percysmith
For some reason the fact CX's competitors on the route still offers meals get to me. I'm usually running with my tail between my legs to TPE and have little time for lounge.

Next upcoming trip I'm taking CI. Again, no revenue tix to CX - but CI is definitely cheaper on the route for the flight times. Their hot meal also helped since I'll be missing lunch. Just can't figure out which peso (Skyteam) program to credit those miles in (definitely not DynastyFlyer - CZ or MU?)
I am amazed people still travel on such rubbish airline like CI. Really no matter how cheap the ticekts are - safety is something I never compromise. Serving a lousy meal don't deflect from their safety record.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by correctioncx
I am amazed people still travel on such rubbish airline like CI. Really no matter how cheap the ticekts are - safety is something I never compromise. Serving a lousy meal don't deflect from their safety record.
Depends how far back you go. The only incident in the last 10 years is the Naha burnt 737 right? CX had at least one 744 evacuation (Shanghai), one unscheduled divert to Kazakhstan, the Surabaya fuel contamination...
Old Nov 25, 2013, 10:50 pm

Depends how far back you go. The only incident in the last 10 years is the Naha burnt 737 right? CX had at least one 744 evacuation (Shanghai), one unscheduled divert to Kazakhstan, the Surabaya fuel contamination...
Used to not want to fly CI and KE as there would be a major accident every three years, but both airlines have been "clean" for the past ten; only to have OZ miss the runway in SFO.....
Old Nov 26, 2013, 3:54 am

I am always amazed how seriously some people take the meal service on TPE-HKG. With a flight time slightly under two hours, it is basically a glorified commuter service. Any disturbance and the crew would not be able to complete the meal service. IMHO, a large part of the HKG-TPE meal service is simply theatre - to show the passengers that they have gotten something for their money. The meals in Y are invariable much worse than anything you can get a decent Chinese fast food restaurant at HKIA. Just don't see the point.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 4:21 am

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

You might be right about the quality but for me it's an outright convenience - I'm able to use 50 minutes including serving time to have something I don't have more than 10 minutes for on the ground.

I have to bolt out of the office at 1, catch the 2:15, get there sometime close to 4pm and rush into town by 6 to meet with mates already there.

Given the rushed service even if it's jetstar I'll buy the onboard meal - oh btw the CI meal tastes better than what jetstar meals look like.

Unlike train/public transport commute, I can't conveniently eat walking thru security or getting thru immigration.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 4:35 am
Suspended

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

You might be right about the quality but for me it's an outright convenience - I'm able to use 50 minutes including serving time to have something I don't have more than 10 minutes for on the ground.

I have to bolt out of the office at 1, catch the 2:15, get there sometime close to 4pm and rush into town by 6 to meet with mates already there.

Given the rushed service even if it's jetstar I'll buy the onboard meal - oh btw the CI meal tastes better than what jetstar meals look like.

Unlike train/public transport commute, I can't conveniently eat walking thru security or getting thru immigration.
How can u leave ur office at 1 for a 215 flight? Thought u r working at pp
Old Nov 26, 2013, 7:55 am

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
Originally Posted by correctioncx
How can u leave ur office at 1 for a 215 flight? Thought u r working at pp
If he did in-town check-in in the morning / hand carry only I can't see why not... Taxi from PP to HKIA is approx. 30min on a good day, then another 15 for immigration and security. It's pushing the limit but I did something similar before.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 8:48 am

CI will be offering sandwiches/nuts only during non-meal time flights btw HKG-TW, beginning next Monday (Dec 1)

(Chinese only) http://www.abacus.com.tw/abacus_2004...dlinenbr=10350

Well, it's a matter of time for BR to scrap this as well.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 9:11 am

I don't work in PP but in a similar distance to AEL. I take that, having checked in before going to work in the morning (I'll pack a night bag this time and carry a 100ml tube of skin cream). Get to AEL around 10 minutes, get to airport in another 30, powerwalk to and through security and eChannel in 15. Hopefully the gate's not too far.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 1:41 pm
Suspended

I don't work in PP but in a similar distance to AEL. I take that, having checked in before going to work in the morning (I'll pack a night bag this time and carry a 100ml tube of skin cream). Get to AEL around 10 minutes, get to airport in another 30, powerwalk to and through security and eChannel in 15. Hopefully the gate's not too far.
If u missed a train you need to wait 5-8 more minutes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.