HKG to TPE.. any food?

Old Feb 2, 2012, 10:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AMEX Gold | IHG/Accor/GHA Platinum | BW Diamond | CX/QF nobody
Originally Posted by Cathay Boy
I've noticed lunch and dinner hours you get full service. But off-hours you get a bag of sandwich. Not sure if price differentiates based on the difference in services.
well I am on a redemption ticket on 12:25pm flight. Right on lunchtime...
Old Feb 2, 2012, 10:28 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by Cathay Boy
I've noticed lunch and dinner hours you get full service. But off-hours you get a bag of sandwich. Not sure if price differentiates based on the difference in services.
ex-TPE CX / KA does differentiate based on departure time, but it seems irrelevant to whether it is meal time or not.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 1:05 am

Programs: MPC GR, GC Jade, OZ DM, MVP GO, AA EXP, TK Elite, HH Diamond, Marriot Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by CX HK
Just flew it 2 weeks ago in Y and no hot meal... unless the "hot" sandwich counts.
What time did u fly ?
for me i usually fly the 11am/12pm flight to TPE and around the 4pm/5pm flight back to HKG. on KA, those flight time does serve Hot meals. i just flew on it last weekend.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 6:24 am

Programs: QF WP
I was on a CX flight at around 6pm, and if my memory serves me right, I received something that resembles a hot (warm) pastry. But then, with so much great food in HKG and TPE, why would you bother eat onboard?
Old Feb 3, 2012, 6:25 am

Originally Posted by iscor3
What time did u fly ?
for me i usually fly the 11am/12pm flight to TPE and around the 4pm/5pm flight back to HKG. on KA, those flight time does serve Hot meals. i just flew on it last weekend.
Took CX450 and CX467, can't remember departure times...
Old Feb 3, 2012, 12:29 pm

Programs: MPC GR, GC Jade, OZ DM, MVP GO, AA EXP, TK Elite, HH Diamond, Marriot Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by CX HK
Took CX450 and CX467, can't remember departure times...
hmm I've never taken a CX metal to TPE. Only KA metal, my next TPE trip on Thurs I'll book on a CX metal and will report again
Old Feb 3, 2012, 12:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, DL Silver, AA Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by GE90-115B
Why, because you're the only F pax with a high FFP status?
I was the only F pax but they still staffed the cabin with 2 FAs. Also, I think I might have ordered both main course choices and put a serious dent in the champagne bottle.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 6:43 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by SPSTiger
I was the only F pax but they still staffed the cabin with 2 FAs. Also, I think I might have ordered both main course choices and put a serious dent in the champagne bottle.
Only 1 bottle?
Old Feb 3, 2012, 8:11 pm

Flew Y last week - was some horrid pastry, hard as a rock, hit it on the tray table several times and it did not damage the shape of the pastry....

Ordered a Gluten Free meal on the return flight, will report on that. That way I cannot get a dodgy pastry! But given the awesome food in TPE, it might be a good thing CX food is crap on this sector
Old Feb 3, 2012, 8:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

The bread from TPE is normally better than then one from HKG

However, if I were you I will eat before departure at air side cafe or lounge and get fruit platter instead
Old Feb 4, 2012, 6:40 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, DL Silver, AA Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by newtoairfrance
Only 1 bottle?
Only one. Maybe if it was Krug the answer might have been different.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 5:22 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by SPSTiger
Only one. Maybe if it was Krug the answer might have been different.
As much as I love krug a lot the deutz amoure is amazIng and by all means a really fine champagne. But many people r label drinkers and don't appreciate this fine product!
Old Nov 23, 2013, 2:42 am

Will be joining CX564 tomorrow departing at around lunchtime too and i'm not quite sure to eat at the airport or onboard too. Heard that flight is bound for Osaka but i'm getting off at Taipei.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 4:21 am

Programs: BR, UA 1k, CX
Originally Posted by BigHeaded
Will be joining CX564 tomorrow departing at around lunchtime too and i'm not quite sure to eat at the airport or onboard too. Heard that flight is bound for Osaka but i'm getting off at Taipei.
Seeems in Y on CX is not much and not good food (KA is better, even on the short KHH-HKG flights they manage a hot meal.). I would as others said eat at the airport (s) , HKG has many good choices. TPE termial one (the one CX is in) has fewer choices, but is better now since the makeover is done (try the food court in Term 1, bottom/basement levels land (public) side. The food court is interesting because the number of airport staff eating there now vs. before it was there,when there was street food from cars/food trucks (ie night/street market) mainly because staff did not like food (before) at the airport.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 4:37 am

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
Wirelessly posted (Xperia Z: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.4; Nexus 7 Build/KRT16S) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/31.0.1650.59 Safari/537.36)

Originally Posted by BigHeaded
Just eat on ground. It's sandwich service flight which I always order food platter and stuff myself at lounge instead.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.