Wiki Posts
Search

HKG-SFO-SEA: which lounge in SFO?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2011, 12:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
HKG-SFO-SEA: which lounge in SFO?

On an F ticket on Cathay/Alaska. In sfo, is it possible to get back to BA lounge or is AS Boardroom only option?
Old Oct 20, 2011, 6:51 am

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
In the HKG-SFO-SEA direction, you won't have access to the BA lounge:
* TSA will not allow you back in the international departure area.
* AS is not part of OW. Even if it is part of OW, BA lounge agent will likely only allow you if you are an OW-SA/EM (instead of as a F passenger).
Old Oct 20, 2011, 8:54 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz 5*, IHG RA, Hyatt Diamond, Amex Plat, SPG Gold
Don't think you would have access to any lounge unfortunately. Alaska has a lounge in the domestic terminal at SFO but not for F passengers. You need to be a member.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 9:05 am
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
If your AS SFO-SEA ticket is booked in either A or F (A = redemption, F is obvious) then you have access to the AS Board Room on the B concourse at SFO.

Passengers ticketed in First Class in either F or A class have access to the Alaska Airlines Board Room included in their ticket (excluding reciprocal agreements with other airline clubs or lounges). Passengers traveling on an upgraded ticket booked in U class do not have access.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 11:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Thanks all. Sounds like it's just the AS Boardroom for me. Oh well.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 9:05 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by cxfan1960
In the HKG-SFO-SEA direction, you won't have access to the BA lounge:
* TSA will not allow you back in the international departure area.
* AS is not part of OW. Even if it is part of OW, BA lounge agent will likely only allow you if you are an OW-SA/EM (instead of as a F passenger).
1. In BWI, TSA actually allows me to go to the Int'l concourse to use the BA lounge there when I fly domestic. I have an email from the TSA Service Manager in BWI that confirms that it is possible to do so. Of course, SFO might be a different story.

2. If AS were part of OW, OP would of course get lounge access by arriving from an international F and connecting to a domestic OW FLT. Elite status should not matter in this case.

Last edited by ernestnywang; Oct 20, 2011 at 9:09 pm Reason: misreading
Old Oct 20, 2011, 9:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by ernestnywang
1. In BWI, TSA actually allows me to go to the Int'l concourse to use the BA lounge there when I fly domestic.
I find TSA at BWI to be generally pleasant compared to other airports. Actually, I quite like BWI overall.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.