Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Planned Routes with new 777-300ER/A333 Business Class Product (aka Cirrus)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Planned Routes with new 777-300ER/A333 Business Class Product (aka Cirrus)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2011, 6:26 am

LONDON > HK no new business class yet ? This is what I have been told by a customer rep on the phone today.

I'm planning a trip on business class LHR > HK end of the month, CX 254 but it looks like it will be the old business class ?

Any idea whether this is true ?

Thanks
Old Aug 13, 2011, 6:09 pm

Are all seats in rows 11 and 12 minicabins or only the window seats (A, K )?
Is there any minicabin in the main business section of 77D?
Thanks!
Old Aug 15, 2011, 7:11 pm

Programs: BA, UA, Marriot
Originally Posted by JCary
Are all seats in rows 11 and 12 minicabins or only the window seats (A, K )?
Is there any minicabin in the main business section of 77D?
Thanks!
I think you've misunderstood the term "mini-cabin". Take a look at Seat Guru and it might become more apparent. The mini-cabin that is being described here is a little section that is between first and the main business cabin (separated by a galley and loos) that consists of 2 rows of seating across the aircraft (i.e. 8 seats in total). To all extents and purposes, the seats are exactly the same as any other biz class seat, but because it is only two rows, it feels more private/exclusive, hence the term "mini-cabin".
Old Aug 30, 2011, 9:41 am

Is there a consensus yet as to the whether couples should choose the middle seats vs windows seats right behind one another?
Old Aug 30, 2011, 10:38 am

Programs: AA EXP & 1 MM/ LTG, CX GO, US CP, SPG Platinum Ambassador, National EE
77D 15A

Originally Posted by Captain Schmidt
Flew the new J product HKG-YYZ yesterday on the CX828 (B-KPS). Was originally seated in 11A, but they claimed a "seat malfunction" at check-in and asked me to shift to 15A which is a window seat, sans window. Meant to check whether someone else was in my original seat assignment but I frankly didn't really care as I spent most of the flight napping. IMO the new product is an upgrade on the last version - I like the fact that your feet slant inwards rather than out which means there is no chance of getting knocked by someone stumbling past. Shame it's still the same crappy food.....
What was your overall take on 15A, specifically in terms of traffic, privacy, etc.? Judging by the 77D seat map, it seems rather isolated. Any input would be appreciated.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 5:08 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by infamousdx
Is there a consensus yet as to the whether couples should choose the middle seats vs windows seats right behind one another?
we did YVR-JFK in 11A and 12A. We did the return flight in row 11 two middle seats.

when you are both window seats, you're travelling alone. no way to see or talk to each other. the view out of the window is limited since it's so far away. you have to lean way forward just to get a glimpse.

when sitting in the two middle seats, you can move your seat forward so that your shoulders are at the same level as the divider between you so you can see each other, talk, hold hands etc. unfortunately you can't be in this position with the trays open so you have to lean a bit forward to see your travel partner.

we will choose side-by-side in the future. you can watch the feed from the camera on the belly of the plane which is quite entertaining when landing and taxiing to the gate.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 5:19 pm

Quick Update.

Chicago service from 30OCT11 operates with 77A.

LAX receives 77D 3 times a week from 01MAR12.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by jimyvr
Quick Update.

Hmmm.... ORD ticket sales not as good as imagined? Reverting back to 77A after the exciting 77D only service launch.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 6:20 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Amex Platinum
Flew it last week on 841 back from JFK; what an amazing experience! I quite like the privacy afforded by the old J seats and never quite saw what was completely wrong with them but these new seats are such an overwhelming improvement. They look like an F seat for starters, the table is incredibly useful and especially spacious if you're in A/K, the width of the seat when flat is great (not that I particularly needed it) and the storage spaces are clever as well. Furthermore, the little nick in the seat in front for you to stand up on to get your luggage is genius. There were a couple problems, the inability of the IFE screen to rotate causes glare issues as you recline the seat, forcing you to view it in a semi-upright, though comfortable, position. The lining of the ottoman/footrest area had come off slightly in my seat, worrying considering the age of the seat. Moreover, the seat edge on the aisle side comes quite close to the shell of the seat in front, making it slightly tricky to get out (I don't think I had my seat bottom pushed forward, either) even though my legs are fairly thin. Apart from those minor issues it is a truly great seat, plus the service was great as well! All in all a comfortable 16 hours!
Old Sep 2, 2011, 9:21 am

I booked in business class in February from YYZ-HKG-SIN - the YYZ-HKG leg shows 77A on Cathay's site. Does anyone care to speculate on the odds that the YYZ route will be upgraded by that point?

Since there are two of us travelling, I picked the centre seats, but if it's the Olympus product, wouldn't two seats back to back be a better choice?
Old Sep 5, 2011, 12:07 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by chriskayTO
Since there are two of us travelling, I picked the centre seats, but if it's the Olympus product, wouldn't two seats back to back be a better choice?
Read four posts prior to yours.
Old Sep 5, 2011, 1:51 pm

Programs: DL, AS, Marriott, Hyatt, National
Quick Update.

Has this not been updated in the GDSs yet? I'm still seeing the 77D for a flight I'm taking in early December ORD-HKG. Thanks!
Old Sep 5, 2011, 3:25 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott lifetime Plt, UA 1MM
Quick Update.

I got an email on Sept-2 with my revised intinerary for ORD-HKG CX 806/807 this November and they had changed from the 77A to the 77D.
Old Sep 5, 2011, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by BenSenise
Read four posts prior to yours.
Thanks for pointing that out. I think that post is referring to the new Cirrus product - I'm pretty sure I'll be on Olympus.

I apologize if I'm referencing very old threads.
Old Sep 5, 2011, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by trek87
Quick Update.

Has this not been updated in the GDSs yet? I'm still seeing the 77D for a flight I'm taking in early December ORD-HKG. Thanks!
They changed it back to 77D over the wwekend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.