Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

CX163 HKG-MEL, 21 JAN in J - new or old seats?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2011, 1:45 pm
Original Poster

On this A330 flight, are the J seats the new or old one's?
Old Jan 7, 2011, 2:14 pm

All the long haul business class seats to Australia are the herringbone lie flat seats! If you are looking for the new new j seats announced in the past December, those seats are not available till March and there will only be ONE single newly delivered A330 installed with the new seats (which will serve the Sydney flights exclusively and schedule has just been posted a couple threads down) and once again, only the newly delivered longhaul fleet will get the new seats as they are delivered in 2011! The second a/c will be a Boeing 777-300ER used on transpacific and limited london and regional flight! CX has not announced any schedule regarding installation of new seats on current fleet, so folks don't get your hopes up especially on 343 and 744 flights to Europe as those planes will not get the new seats for now!

Carfield

Last edited by Carfield; Jan 7, 2011 at 2:20 pm
Old Jan 7, 2011, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by Carfield
.. so folks don't get your hopes up especially on 343 and 744 flights to Europe as those planes will not get the new seats for now!
Actually the 343s and 744s will NOT be getting the uber new Business Class cabin at all.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you are looking for the new new j seats announced in the past December, those seats are not available till March and there will only be ONE single newly delivered A330 installed with the new seats (which will serve the Sydney flights exclusively and schedule has just been posted a couple threads down)
And that type of configuration will be known as the 33E.
Old Jan 8, 2011, 11:55 am
Original Poster

I was refering to the Herringbone seats - I have never flown CX before so I do not follow them.
Old Jan 8, 2011, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by 747-444
I was refering to the Herringbone seats - I have never flown CX before so I do not follow them.
On the CX FAQ : http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/15321330-post6.html
Old Jan 8, 2011, 6:25 pm

Programs: JL Sapphire, Aegean Gold, Accor Platinum, HHonours Gold
All the long haul business class seats to Australia are the herringbone lie flat seats! If you are looking for the new new j seats announced in the past December, those seats are not available till March and there will only be ONE single newly delivered A330 installed with the new seats (which will serve the Sydney flights exclusively and schedule has just been posted a couple threads down) and once again, only the newly delivered longhaul fleet will get the new seats as they are delivered in 2011! The second a/c will be a Boeing 777-300ER used on transpacific and limited london and regional flight! CX has not announced any schedule regarding installation of new seats on current fleet, so folks don't get your hopes up especially on 343 and 744 flights to Europe as those planes will not get the new seats for now!

Carfield
I have a hunch that this post may well need to become a sticky and clearly displayed
Old Jan 8, 2011, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by hau cheng
I have a hunch that this post may well need to become a sticky and clearly displayed
Believe me, if I could make the FAQ thread flash different colours and squawk like a chicken, I would.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.