Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Asia Miles
Sign in using an external account

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 7, 11, 2:45 pm   #1
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 805
CX163 HKG-MEL, 21 JAN in J - new or old seats?

On this A330 flight, are the J seats the new or old one's?
747-444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 11, 3:14 pm   #2
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: New York
Posts: 5,356
All the long haul business class seats to Australia are the herringbone lie flat seats! If you are looking for the new new j seats announced in the past December, those seats are not available till March and there will only be ONE single newly delivered A330 installed with the new seats (which will serve the Sydney flights exclusively and schedule has just been posted a couple threads down) and once again, only the newly delivered longhaul fleet will get the new seats as they are delivered in 2011! The second a/c will be a Boeing 777-300ER used on transpacific and limited london and regional flight! CX has not announced any schedule regarding installation of new seats on current fleet, so folks don't get your hopes up especially on 343 and 744 flights to Europe as those planes will not get the new seats for now!

Carfield

Last edited by Carfield; Jan 7, 11 at 3:20 pm.
Carfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 11, 6:26 pm   #3
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: YVR. Now@ YYZ
Programs: T.A.
Posts: 23,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carfield View Post
.. so folks don't get your hopes up especially on 343 and 744 flights to Europe as those planes will not get the new seats for now!
Actually the 343s and 744s will NOT be getting the uber new Business Class cabin at all.
Guy Betsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 11, 9:53 pm   #4
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: |YYZ|HKG|AKL|
Programs: CX Diamond, AC*SE, FB Ivory
Posts: 13,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carfield View Post
If you are looking for the new new j seats announced in the past December, those seats are not available till March and there will only be ONE single newly delivered A330 installed with the new seats (which will serve the Sydney flights exclusively and schedule has just been posted a couple threads down)
And that type of configuration will be known as the 33E.
Rejuvenated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 11, 12:55 pm   #5
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 805
I was refering to the Herringbone seats - I have never flown CX before so I do not follow them.
747-444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 11, 5:30 pm   #6
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: YVR. Now@ YYZ
Programs: T.A.
Posts: 23,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by 747-444 View Post
I was refering to the Herringbone seats - I have never flown CX before so I do not follow them.
On the CX FAQ : [OLD FAQ THREAD] | Cathay Pacific FAQ thread: Everything you want to know about CX
Guy Betsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 11, 7:25 pm   #7
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Programs: CX Silver, Accor Platinum, HHonours Gold
Posts: 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carfield View Post
All the long haul business class seats to Australia are the herringbone lie flat seats! If you are looking for the new new j seats announced in the past December, those seats are not available till March and there will only be ONE single newly delivered A330 installed with the new seats (which will serve the Sydney flights exclusively and schedule has just been posted a couple threads down) and once again, only the newly delivered longhaul fleet will get the new seats as they are delivered in 2011! The second a/c will be a Boeing 777-300ER used on transpacific and limited london and regional flight! CX has not announced any schedule regarding installation of new seats on current fleet, so folks don't get your hopes up especially on 343 and 744 flights to Europe as those planes will not get the new seats for now!

Carfield
I have a hunch that this post may well need to become a sticky and clearly displayed
hau cheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 11, 7:59 pm   #8
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 930
Quote:
Originally Posted by hau cheng View Post
I have a hunch that this post may well need to become a sticky and clearly displayed
Believe me, if I could make the FAQ thread flash different colours and squawk like a chicken, I would.
Top of climb is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 8:54 pm.