Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Asia Miles Credit Cards - crediting other people's accounts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 13, 2014, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: LchChester
Bank/issuer:
Credit another AM account with same surname:
Credit another AM account with different surname and that does not have card from same co:
Credit another AM account with same surname and has a card from same co:

DBS
Credit another AM account with same surname: Yes
Credit another AM account with different surname and that does not have card from same co: No
Credit another AM account with same surname and has a card from same co: Not tried

Credit another AM account that also has card from DBS: No
Credit another AM account that does not have card from DBS: Yes

BoC
Credit another AM account with same surname: No (Bank of Cheapasses.......these bxstards proactively check with Cathay!) (not to mention rip me off with DCC http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other...egal-2.html#20 )
Credit another AM account with different surname and that does not have card from same co: Not tried
Credit another AM account with same surname and has a card from same co: Not tried

Bankcomm
Credit another AM account with same surname: Yes (but seperate them by one week. Bankcomm can detect redemptions going to two different accounts if seperated by one day)
Credit another AM account with different surname and that does not have card from same co: Not tried

Amex
Credit another AM account with different surname and that does not have card from same co: No

Citibank
Credit another AM account with same surname: Not tried
Credit another AM account with same surname and has a card from same co: No

Fubon

Standard Chartered

BEA

CCB (Asia)

Shanghai Commercial Bank

Wing Lung Bank:

HSBC:
Print Wikipost

Asia Miles Credit Cards - crediting other people's accounts

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2013, 2:58 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau
Original Poster

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by kaka
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B142 Safari/8536.25)

Btw, hsbc was no go to other names.
No way. I've crediting my mum as late as this March. Are you trying to change AM nos after first registration?
Old Aug 27, 2013, 2:06 am

Programs: CXSL
Citibank

Yes - crediting miles to krisflyer account of my friend who holds citibank cards. Miles credited the next working day, pretty fast!
Old Sep 1, 2013, 10:18 pm

Programs: JL Diamond, CX Gold, HH Gold
how do I transfer MR points to Asiamiles under others' name?
Do I enter their name as partner membership holder or enter my own?

Thanks.
Old Sep 1, 2013, 11:48 pm
Original Poster

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

Your own
Old Sep 2, 2013, 12:09 am

Programs: JL Diamond, CX Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by percysmith
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

Your own
Done - thanks.
Let's see if the unlucky me got rejected.
Old Sep 29, 2013, 9:15 pm

No way. I've crediting my mum as late as this March. Are you trying to change AM nos after first registration?
My gal friend wants to transfer her HSBC points to my Asia Miles A/C but she register the HSCB Mileage Prog. to her Asia Miles account for many years.

Do I have to wait till next prog. year (costs her HK$350) to change to my AM No.?
Or simplely HSBC never accept Cr Card & AM A/C in different names?
Old Sep 30, 2013, 12:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TalkFlyer
My gal friend wants to transfer her HSBC points to my Asia Miles A/C but she register the HSCB Mileage Prog. to her Asia Miles account for many years.

Do I have to wait till next prog. year (costs her HK$350) to change to my AM No.?
Or simplely HSBC never accept Cr Card & AM A/C in different names?
I think they don't check names - i've been crediting my mum's a/c for years (one on one off)

However they might refuse to change numbers.

Also annual mileage fee is $300 still, not $350?
http://www.hsbc.com.hk/1/2/hk/cards/rewards/mileage?pwscmd=mileage
Old Dec 11, 2013, 2:11 am
Original Poster

Another theory that I'm starting to believe is that MPO will attempt to match surname but not given name(s). A few of us have been saying crediting our fathers and siblings is OK but crediting some of our mothers and non-same surnamed colleagues have been problematic.

Checking our first names will throw up a lot of false alerts. Some banks insist on putting my English given name last ("Smith Tai Man Percy") even though my HKID (not to mention every other identity document I have) has my English given name first "Smith Percy Tai Man"

In that case my list has to be read with a grain of salt. Every entry that I say "does not have card" is probably my same-surnamed mother's.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 6:27 am

Programs: CX MPC
Another theory that I'm starting to believe is that MPO will attempt to match surname but not given name(s).
Just successfully credited my (same surname) daughter's account from both DBS and Fubon. So I guess don't even cross check whether points are being credited by someone of the same sex.

Too bad about the same surname rule. I have one family account with a different surname that needs topping up (and it'll take ages to accumulate enough Moneyback points to do anything meaningful) Are there any banks (BEA? CCB?) that might be worth a try for crediting someone with a different surname? I see several banks marked as "not tried" on the Wiki.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.