Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Asia Miles Credit Cards - crediting other people's accounts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 13, 2014, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: LchChester
Bank/issuer:
Credit another AM account with same surname:
Credit another AM account with different surname and that does not have card from same co:
Credit another AM account with same surname and has a card from same co:

DBS
Credit another AM account with same surname: Yes
Credit another AM account with different surname and that does not have card from same co: No
Credit another AM account with same surname and has a card from same co: Not tried

Credit another AM account that also has card from DBS: No
Credit another AM account that does not have card from DBS: Yes

BoC
Credit another AM account with same surname: No (Bank of Cheapasses.......these bxstards proactively check with Cathay!) (not to mention rip me off with DCC http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other...egal-2.html#20 )
Credit another AM account with different surname and that does not have card from same co: Not tried
Credit another AM account with same surname and has a card from same co: Not tried

Bankcomm
Credit another AM account with same surname: Yes (but seperate them by one week. Bankcomm can detect redemptions going to two different accounts if seperated by one day)
Credit another AM account with different surname and that does not have card from same co: Not tried

Amex
Credit another AM account with different surname and that does not have card from same co: No

Citibank
Credit another AM account with same surname: Not tried
Credit another AM account with same surname and has a card from same co: No

Fubon

Standard Chartered

BEA

CCB (Asia)

Shanghai Commercial Bank

Wing Lung Bank:

HSBC:
Print Wikipost

Asia Miles Credit Cards - crediting other people's accounts

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2012, 2:46 pm

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
anyone tried HSBC cards? my mrs. has few spare reward cash. I thought she might "accidently" give my AM number to HSBC, because I wouldn't blatantly break the T&C problem - I already gave my own AM number to HSBC so it could raise few eyebrows.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 7:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by fakecd
anyone tried HSBC cards? my mrs. has few spare reward cash. I thought she might "accidently" give my AM number to HSBC, because I wouldn't blatantly break the T&C problem - I already gave my own AM number to HSBC so it could raise few eyebrows.
along with stanchard i've done the same as a genuine mistake. they called to confirm(for the right info) but did not remedy the problem. Worst case with HSBC they might call you to get it fixed - i dont see them killing off all your points as a 1st timer.

OTOH i've credited my Amex MR points to a hotel (a chain that has 4 hotels in operation in HK.) mistakenly to my +1. now she has the plat status instead of me . She doesn't hold a MR account herself so it's more like a

AMEX
Credit another PCHotel account that also has primary card from AMEX: Not Tried
Credit another PCHotel account that does not have primary card from AMEX: Yes
the process took like 3 days! mega quick!
Old Feb 27, 2012, 7:23 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau
Original Poster

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
I dunno about HSBC, I probably need HSBC's miles for myself.

As of last week, BEA and SCB cross-crediting still working.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 8:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fakecd
Hmmm...if you have already enrolled your number then it'll be very likely HSBC will be able to detect your SO's "mistake". They don't even need to ask CX/CPLP - they can detect the duplication on their own.

That being said, what's the worst that can happen? HSBC will ask her to supply her own number.

Anyway, change of flying plans (a mate manged to get a cheap tix here via SIN on SQ so there's not need for me to issue him with a cheapass award tix anymore) meant I should pool my miles with my parents.

So I'm crediting them, the system accepted my enrolment today (with my dad's AM number) and debited my RC but I may still be stopped before the miles are credited.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 8:53 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by percysmith
For Black Bazaar I credited Mum...credit date 11 Nov. So I would say...no.
DBS just called to redflag the transfer to my aunt... no idea why the difference.
do your mum and you share the same last name?
but yea... i've credited myself before.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 9:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kaka
DBS just called to redflag the transfer to my aunt... no idea why the difference.
do your mum and you share the same last name?
but yea... i've credited myself before.
So did I. I transferred miles to both my parents and myself.

We appear on each others' redemption lists, if that helps.

But once I tried transferring to colleague (in repayment of a spending he conceded to me) (not on my redemption list) I got flagged too.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 8:36 pm
Original Poster

So I'm crediting them [HSBC], the system accepted my enrolment today (with my dad's AM number) and debited my RC but I may still be stopped before the miles are credited.
Miles arrived at Dad's today - 8 calendar days.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 8:12 am
Original Poster

Fubon
Credit another AM account that also has card from Fubon: No
Credit another AM account that does not have card from Fubon: No
Update 23 Oct 12: Fubon let me credit my mother! So Fubon doesn't check anymore.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 9:18 am
Original Poster

(Update 18 Nov 12) CCB (Asia)
Credit another AM account that also has card from CCB: Not tried
Credit another AM account that does not have card from CCB: Yes
New data point. Bear in mind you can get fee waiver for redemption now http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...hk-37.html#544
Old Dec 21, 2012, 7:14 pm
Original Poster

(Update 22 Nov 12) Shanghai Commercial Bank
Credit another AM account that also has card from Shacom: Not tried
Credit another AM account that does not have card from Shacom: Yes
Credited my mum's account 2 weeks after crediting my own. Shacom doesn't seem to care.

Took me a full week tho (form credited last Friday, points taken off Saturday, miles credited probably yesterday or this morning).

Kehkeh, given it's free and the number of Shacom miles we're stacking up, we can credit to more dummy accounts! But I can't plan that far.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 3:10 am
Original Poster

Shanghai Commercial Bank
Credit another AM account that also has card from Shacom: Not tried
Credit another AM account that does not have card from Shacom:
Me (22 Nov 12): Yes
AmD930 (15 Jan 13): No
http://www.hongkongcard.com/forum/fo...ow.php?id=9500
Old Feb 14, 2013, 7:29 pm
Suspended

Anyone tried transferring from Citi Rewards / Premier Miles?
Old Jun 10, 2013, 5:36 am
Original Poster

Bankcomm
Credit another AM account that also has card from Bankcomm: Yes
Credit another AM account that does not have card from Bankcomm: Yes
Sweet...

Bankcomm 13X
Previously: old cards credited to my mother. No issue.

Week of 29/5: 13X awarded. Credited new cards (those I've never redeemed before) to myself.
A Ms. Li calls on receipt of fax advising me the system will be charged $100 per 50,000 AM (500 units) redeemed because that is the max redemption units per input, but because the proper fee should be a flat $100, any excess charges of $100 will be rebated by hand.
Awarded 3 June (5 calendar days, or next Monday)

Did a subsequent redemption the next day (4 June). Old cards, against my mother.
Ms. Li calls again, didn't notice the different number.
Awarded 10 June (6 calendar days, or next Monday)
Old Jul 3, 2013, 1:29 am
Original Poster

Sweet...

Bankcomm 13X
Previously: old cards credited to my mother. No issue.

Week of 29/5: 13X awarded. Credited new cards (those I've never redeemed before) to myself.
A Ms. Li calls on receipt of fax advising me the system will be charged $100 per 50,000 AM (500 units) redeemed because that is the max redemption units per input, but because the proper fee should be a flat $100, any excess charges of $100 will be rebated by hand.
Awarded 3 June (5 calendar days, or next Monday)

Did a subsequent redemption the next day (4 June). Old cards, against my mother.
Ms. Li calls again, didn't notice the different number.
Awarded 10 June (6 calendar days, or next Monday)
Oh whoops
Colleague tried to do the same, after I published the post.
No action in 2 weeks, follow up
Bankcomm called colleague today to say cardholder name is not same as AM account name so transfer rejected.

Anyone else get this? I was crediting my mother with impunity last month!
Old Jul 3, 2013, 2:44 am
Suspended

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B142 Safari/8536.25)

Btw, hsbc was no go to other names.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.