Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Marco Polo anniversary upgrades on CX/KA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marco Polo anniversary upgrades on CX/KA

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2010, 1:20 am

Programs: CX Diamond
So I managed to get my bn 1 by waking up at 3am to check in, while checking in on the us leg of my ORD to SFO to HKG I was issued my cathay ticket in J. Later when I approached the SFO Cathay check in to scout out the capacity of F and how I was on the waitlist, she first issued all my tickets in J then excused herself to speak with the manager and I was issued F tickets. Coincidentally this month is my 10 year anniversary, does this count as the anniversary upgrade or a op up?
Old Jun 26, 2010, 2:11 am

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by Chungreo
...Later when I approached the SFO Cathay check in to scout out the capacity of F and how I was on the waitlist...
Did you get J from a mileage upgrade? Or did you pay J and waitlist F?
Old Jun 26, 2010, 7:06 am
Original Poster

If they don't offer it when I check in is it appropriate to ask for it?

I say ask for it - the worst that can happen is that they say "no".
Old Jun 26, 2010, 7:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jephhy
I was an anniversary upgrade on TPE-HKG-SFO earlier this week. When I checked-in TPE, the agent said I would be getting upgraded because of my 5 year anniversary. When I received both sets of tickets, I noticed only TPE-HKG segment was upgraded (which happens all the time), not HKG-SFO...so I was a bit disappointed.

However, I was later upgraded at the gate when I was boarding for SFO (the scanner blinked red and they gave me a new boarding pass).
They decided to give you a little suspense. Glad it all worked out in the end.
Old Jun 26, 2010, 4:10 pm

Programs: CX Diamond, AA Exec Plat, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by jujube
Mom and Dad has gotten upgrades on the 5, 10 and hopefully 15th anniversary. Upgraded on their 500K and 750K as well with 1MM next year.
ONLY received some crappy duty free vouchers for the 1MM mark... and nothing for 500 or 750. And moreover have been DM for a VERY long time - maybe 8 years continuously.... two more years on AA and I would be guaranteed lifetime but on CX no more...
Old Jun 26, 2010, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by ajhira
ONLY received some crappy duty free vouchers for the 1MM mark... and nothing for 500 or 750. And moreover have been DM for a VERY long time - maybe 8 years continuously.... two more years on AA and I would be guaranteed lifetime but on CX no more...
I can see the rationale why they don't give lifetime: people would just go get it and then fly other airlines and try to maximize that instead of sticking with the airline they have lifetime with.

However, having said that I would say CX program is lousy to induce loyal fliers to fly more once they hit a benchmark.
Old Jun 27, 2010, 3:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ajhira
What's the AA criteria for getting lifetime membership?
Old Jun 27, 2010, 3:03 am
Original Poster

What's the DM+ status...anyone?
Old Jun 27, 2010, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by fhben
What's the DM+ status...anyone?
Top 1% of DM members (by revenue)
Old Jun 28, 2010, 6:31 pm

I think AA 1mm is lifetime gold. When I checked into my flight I was upgraded but not informed whether it was because of my 10 year, but later on the flight they thanked me for 10 years of MPC membership. I still don't know if this was an anniversary upgrade lol.

I guess I'll ask at the airport when I leave this sunday whether I "used up" the upgrade yet.

Chung
Old Jul 4, 2010, 10:24 am

Are the anniversary upgrades normally done within the month of your joining month, or just with in the year?
Old Jul 6, 2010, 12:32 pm

Are the anniversary upgrades normally done within the month of your joining month, or just with in the year?
My 5 year anniversary upgrade was 3 months after my joining month. I had actually flown shortly after my joining month with no upgrade - maybe J was full on that flight...
Old Jul 13, 2010, 8:04 pm

Last year, my wife and I were on redeemption tickets HKG-BKK.
I was told because of my 10-year MPC membership we both were upgraded to J.
On the return flight, we received the same treatment!
Old Jul 14, 2010, 6:03 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
I certainly didn't get any for passing 5 and 10 years!
neither do i... tbh i've never gone past silver tho
Old Jul 14, 2010, 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by kaka
neither do i... tbh i've never gone past silver tho
You really should aim for GO (if you can), because it's really a world of differences. Had I known that beforehand I would do MRs decades ago.

I just can't imagine how great DM will be, I'll find out soon enough, LOL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.