Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Marco Polo anniversary upgrades on CX/KA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marco Polo anniversary upgrades on CX/KA

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2014, 11:21 am

Programs: CX gold
hi experts,

just wondering, i will be travelling to lhr this tuesday. I am a mpc gold member and that day would be my birthday. would there be a possibility for an upgrade even though that im travelling with a friend? thank you
Old Aug 31, 2014, 12:04 pm

Programs: CX - DM; Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Titanium
Originally Posted by Oscar Tao
hi experts,

just wondering, i will be travelling to lhr this tuesday. I am a mpc gold member and that day would be my birthday. would there be a possibility for an upgrade even though that im travelling with a friend? thank you
I had my birthday upgrade a couple of weeks ago from HKG-MXP (J to F). The check in staff told me that any anniversary/milestones/birthday upgrade message is basically generated by the computer system randomly so not everyone would have upgrade at these various occasions apparently. This makes sense to me as I didn't have my MPO anniversary upgrade this year however I managed to get my milestone 1.5M and birthday upgrades.

Also you are travelling to LHR during the peak season (many students returning for schools) most flights are overbooked! I just checked LHR loading on Tuesday (2 Sep) and only a few J and F seats left - so chance is slim but best of luck
Old Aug 31, 2014, 3:32 pm
formerly gemini573

Programs: CX Emerald, WOH Globalist, Marriott Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, Virtuoso, Prive, STEPS, STARS
I received a birthday upgrade this past May on CX 884. Was booked in R and upgraded at the counter. I kept calling MPC why they couldn't upgrade when J was showing lots of availability? They didn't say anything until I checked in.

When I reached my 250k milestone, I was upgraded to J on my CX 685.

About to hit DM again in September. Will inform if I get upgraded for requalifying.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 6:08 pm

Programs: CX gold
hey... thx for ur reply.
luckily... i managed to get upgrade to business not only for myself but also for my friend as well...

Originally Posted by HKGglobaltrotter
I had my birthday upgrade a couple of weeks ago from HKG-MXP (J to F). The check in staff told me that any anniversary/milestones/birthday upgrade message is basically generated by the computer system randomly so not everyone would have upgrade at these various occasions apparently. This makes sense to me as I didn't have my MPO anniversary upgrade this year however I managed to get my milestone 1.5M and birthday upgrades.

Also you are travelling to LHR during the peak season (many students returning for schools) most flights are overbooked! I just checked LHR loading on Tuesday (2 Sep) and only a few J and F seats left - so chance is slim but best of luck
Old Sep 10, 2014, 1:43 pm

Programs: CX DM
No upgrade for my 20th anniversary !
Old Sep 11, 2014, 12:43 am

Programs: CX Diamond (OW Emerald), former SQ Krisflyer Gold
Originally Posted by amgsl55
Given that the Club was established in 1999, it's pretty impressive that you're already managed to rack up 20 years of membership!
Old Sep 11, 2014, 1:10 am

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
Originally Posted by midlevels
Given that the Club was established in 1999, it's pretty impressive that you're already managed to rack up 20 years of membership!
My personal page on CX web site shows my joining date is 1998.
Only 16 years
Old Sep 11, 2014, 2:34 am

Programs: CX Diamond (OW Emerald), former SQ Krisflyer Gold
Originally Posted by amgsl55
Originally Posted by Wasabi Tofu
My personal page on CX web site shows my joining date is 1998.
Only 16 years
Perhaps the date you joined Passages?
Old Sep 11, 2014, 8:34 am

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
Perhaps the date you joined Passages?
No. THE CLUB and Passages were separate programs like MPO and Asiamiles.
As a resident in Japan, I could not join the Passages program.
I had to credit my CX miles to NH.
Anyway, I joined THE CLUB in 1998. (qualified by 12 business class sectors within 6 months)
Old Sep 12, 2014, 1:58 pm

Asia Miles was found in 1999 and MPC was found 37 years ago !
http://learning.cathaypacific.com/assets/pdf/ps_00.pdf
Old Sep 12, 2014, 2:45 pm

Asia miles was found in 1999 but MPC was found 37 years ago !
Old Feb 24, 2015, 11:02 pm

Programs: CX Diamond, AA Exec Plat, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Seems like MPO anniversary upgrades are a thing of the past - anybody had any luck recently? Two years in a row no upgrades for me and today was on J from HKG to JFK and there was 1 seat available in F but no upgrade received...
Old Feb 24, 2015, 11:12 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by ajhira
Seems like MPO anniversary upgrades are a thing of the past - anybody had any luck recently? Two years in a row no upgrades for me and today was on J from HKG to JFK and there was 1 seat available in F but no upgrade received...
interesting, wouldn't surprise me given how the system handover has changed things. i wonder how much of these changes are intentional and how much are unintentional side effects of the system change.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 11:57 pm

we had an anniversary upgrade recently, however, we did not receive one for a multi-million milestone last month
Old Feb 25, 2015, 2:04 am

Programs: CX IN
Originally Posted by ajhira
Had an upgrade this year for my 26th anniversary BKK-HKG-MNL/Economy to Business Class. No upgrades the last 2 years.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.