Asia Miles phones always busy?

Old May 27, 2010, 2:14 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by Jamoldo
When I was SL I didn't have too many problems.

As a GO I have (more recently), on BOTH toll free and direct.
Sounds like underlying service has deteriorated over time; as a GO, your experience should be superior to your experience as a SL
Old May 27, 2010, 10:11 pm

Programs: LH M&M, CX MPC Green
Originally Posted by percysmith
Sounds like underlying service has deteriorated over time; as a GO, your experience should be superior to your experience as a SL
Well as a SL I've waiting for quite a while and done other things with the phone on speaker. As a GO, early on I barely waited and would be finished within 5-10 mins, but recently (as in the last few months) I have not even been able to get through! It's just a busy signal. What a joke.
Old May 27, 2010, 10:24 pm

Programs: CX Diamond (OW Emerald), former SQ Krisflyer Gold
As a GO, I get busy signal pretty often, but if I keep on trying can usually get through to the IVR within 1-2 minutes.

Then once I'm through, usually a human will answer within 2 minutes maximum.
Old May 27, 2010, 11:38 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by midlevels
As a GO, I get busy signal pretty often
Um... the chance of getting a busy signal should be the same for GO, SL, and GR.
Old May 28, 2010, 12:04 am

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
Originally Posted by cxfan1960
Um... the chance of getting a busy signal should be the same for GO, SL, and GR.
Of course, they are calling the same number.
DMs call a different number.
Old May 28, 2010, 1:57 am

I know everything is said here makes sense, but I just wanted to say I guess I'm an extremely lucky guy. Everytime I called MPC I almost never get a busy tone, that's with both SL and GO
Old May 28, 2010, 2:50 am

Programs: CX Diamond (OW Emerald), former SQ Krisflyer Gold
Well yes, obviously @:-) The "As a GO..." part referred the the second part of my statement.
Old May 28, 2010, 2:59 am

Programs: LH M&M, CX MPC Green
Originally Posted by Cathay Boy
Everytime I called MPC I almost never get a busy tone, that's with both SL and GO
I might be of Indian origin (and a southerner at that) but can I outsource all of my MPO calling duties to you?
Old May 28, 2010, 5:09 am

Originally Posted by Jamoldo
I might be of Indian origin (and a southerner at that) but can I outsource all of my MPO calling duties to you?
I'm not of Indian origin but can I outsource too? You obviously have a competitive advantage here.

I thought of nicking my colleague's SL number and password to get priority handling once I managed to get into the MPO IVR, however, am worried I can only use other SL accounts http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...s-balance.html
Old May 28, 2010, 7:46 pm

Amazingly fast this morning...only 10 seconds
Old May 31, 2010, 4:46 am

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
I got some interesting statistics as well

31 May 2010 00:00 : English Option, waited 5 min, picked up, all questions answered within 5 min
31 May 2010 15:00 : Auto redial for 10 min, using desktop line (I love this function now), English Option, 0 wait time from finish key-in, everything answered in 5 min
31 May 2010 16:00 : Auto redial for 10 min, English Option, 1min wait time from finish key-in, redemption done in 20 min (my bad .. I did not have all the scheldue on my screen)
31 May 2010 18:46 : Called from iPhone, Cantonese Option, 7 minute and counting..... gave up failing back to English Option
Old Jul 13, 2010, 9:38 pm

I came up with a moderately evil way to call up MPC call centre and check upgrades - key in my other boss's SL number to talk to an agent faster. I don't need to key in his PIN.

If available, I'll hang up and use my own number to book after hours. But I'm really on watchful waiting mode on those Sydney October J upgrade seats.

But if I need anything done on my own account (like hold seat booking/confirm redemption), I'm still stuck with those 90 minute wait times.

Using my own number, got diverted to voicemail again this morn. Left my own GR number and contact number, waiting for them to call back.....
Old Jul 13, 2010, 10:26 pm

Do they ever call back if you leave a message? I got that a few times today and wondering if it's even worth bothering.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 10:17 am

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11))

Originally Posted by MarshalN
Do they ever call back if you leave a message? I got that a few times today and wondering if it's even worth bothering.
It's been two weeks, they haven't called back. Looks like my calls get diverted to /dev/null
Old Jul 28, 2010, 2:39 pm

Programs: OZ*G
Just saw this thread while waiting on hold.

20 minutes and counting on the general member line. 1ish YVR time.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.