Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

SFO-HKG: switch business/econ seats with my mom?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2010, 6:40 pm
Original Poster

I have a business class ticket and my mom has an economy ticket on the same CX flight for SFO-HKG. Once we board the plane, can I switch seats with my mom so that she can sit in business and I in economy?
Old Jan 18, 2010, 7:33 pm

Programs: CX Diamond (OW Emerald), former SQ Krisflyer Gold
Yes it should not be a problem. Perhaps just inform one of the FAs that you're swapping so they can update their manifest so they're not "surprised" to find a Mrs XYZ in the seat instead of Mr XYZ.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 7:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: None any more
But what you can't do is keep switching backwards and forwards so that you both, in effect, get business class service / drinks etc.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 8:09 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Correct. Just inform the SP when you board. You cannot keep switching. If the crew allows, perhaps you can switch once more.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 8:48 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by BAmemberUSD2009
I have a business class ticket and my mom has an economy ticket on the same CX flight for SFO-HKG. Once we board the plane, can I switch seats with my mom so that she can sit in business and I in economy?
Like the others, I have never experienced any problem doing this (I have downgraded myself from J to Y on CX, granted short-haul only, to sit with colleagues a number of times). I usually board the plane, then tell someone senior what I would like to do. I always recommend finding the ISM and telling them (or at least the senior purser in the cabin), junior FAs in J class on CX can be a little aloof.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.