Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Any reviews of Radisson Schwarzer Bock Wiesbaden?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2014, 12:08 am

How is Wiesbaden around Christmas?

I have a 2 night layover in Frankfurt for leisure. I booked the Radisson Blu Frankfurt, but I'm having second thoughts. I think Wiesbaden might be a better location, plus the Radisson Blu there seems more centrally located and higher rated than the one in Frankfurt.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl

I've stayed at both and they are totally different hotels. Frankfurt is modern and a little distance to shopping and the Zeil. Wiesbaden is more traditional Old World (even though I think a Reno is either in progress or planned) with a great central location at the end of the pedestrian area.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by christianj
I've stayed at both and they are totally different hotels. Frankfurt is modern and a little distance to shopping and the Zeil. Wiesbaden is more traditional Old World (even though I think a Reno is either in progress or planned) with a great central location at the end of the pedestrian area.
Thanks Christianj! I checked the website, and it looks like the Wiesbaden RB has been renovated. TripAdvisor reviews look very good too.

Moved my reservation over to the Wiesbaden RB, since its location in Wiesbaden is more central than the RB Frankfurt's is in Frankfurt.

Last edited by iluvdoco; Oct 20, 2014 at 1:41 pm
Old Oct 20, 2014, 7:47 am

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by christianj
Radisson Blu Frankfurt is minimum 30 minutes away from Zeil. It takes around 20 minutes by tram and then 2 stops on S-Bahn or 15 minutes walk to get to Hauptwache. Walk to Messe and take U-Bahn is another option.
Old Jul 29, 2023, 3:14 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
This is an old thread but I stayed there recently so thought I would give my impressions. Generally I was very disappointed and found the hotel to not be worth the price asking:
- I booked a Superior room and based on the website description, I got a Standard room. After talking with the front desk about this, it turns out that the website description of room is wrong, notably there are no Nespresso machine in the Superior Room since years. She was surprised the website was still not updated.
- The room are allegedly renovated but the bathroom was really out of the 80's
- The AC can not be switched off, I was freezing in the room (the weather was fresh)
- Breakfast is not that great, I found it standard but not worth a 4 star hotel, more like 3 star.
- Very unfriendly for disabled persons, there are no ramps anywhere, stairs everywhere.
- The building is nice indeed and historical, but that is in my opinion the only strong point

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.