Radisson Best Price guarantee

Old Feb 28, 2014, 4:22 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by nsummy
Originally Posted by Adam1222
Even though you think the cancellation policy at the "competitor" website is better,
LOL I have to laugh at this. THINK its better? It is better! You are probably the type of guy that reads the 50 page EULA every time he installs a piece of software too.
I fail to see the connection. But yes, I am the type of guy who when someone questions being denied a promotion, goes to the text of the promotional terms and conditions. Crazy. I do not know enough about the individual's comparative rates to make the same conclusions you do. For example, one rate may "allow a cancellation" up to 2 days before, with a fee of $75, and another, up to 4 days out , with no fee. In that case, "better" would be subjective. More importantly, I am trying to provide correct, helpful information that is generally useful to others. I see you are not interested in doing that and instead make a post solely to make an odd personal attack but I have no apologies.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 8:00 am

Ah, since nsummy was denied his BRG he is on a rant rampage
Old Feb 28, 2014, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by Adam1222
I fail to see the connection. But yes, I am the type of guy who when someone questions being denied a promotion, goes to the text of the promotional terms and conditions. Crazy. I do not know enough about the individual's comparative rates to make the same conclusions you do. For example, one rate may "allow a cancellation" up to 2 days before, with a fee of $75, and another, up to 4 days out , with no fee. In that case, "better" would be subjective. More importantly, I am trying to provide correct, helpful information that is generally useful to others. I see you are not interested in doing that and instead make a post solely to make an odd personal attack but I have no apologies.
First off, BRG is not a promotion, its a standard operating procedure of theirs'. Its part of the program, not some great deal they are extending for a limited time that we are lucky to get to begin with.

Second, I think its pretty obvious with most of these 3rd party booking sites. Most of them allow cancellation the day of or a day or 2 before for FREE. They state it in plain letters. I have yet to see one charge $75, unless its club carlson.

3rd. In your quest to provide helpful and accurate information, you seem to belittle anyone who doesn't read the very fine print. Or someone who does read the fine print and assumes (like many who have posted here) that CC won't deny their claim.

CC's website states in giant letters: "you can book any hotel on clubcarlson.com with no booking fees and be confident you are receiving the best hotel room rate available on the web - guaranteed. "

Then in extremely fine print they have these exclusions that your average consumer would not find as appealing as the giant marketing text. There are certain businesses you expect stuff like this from: used car dealerships.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 9:34 am

Talking

Originally Posted by fassy
Ah, since nsummy was denied his BRG he is on a rant rampage
Not on a rant rampage, just find it ridiculous when someone says that a poster "THINKS" he/she found a better cancellation policy, as if he or she doesn't know basic math!
Old Mar 1, 2014, 3:51 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Thanks. I find you ridiculous too, if you go through life thinking that no company but used dealers can have terms and conditions beyond a 10 word lead, and have such a narrow definition of " promotion". I will be sure to clear all my word choices with you in the fiuture. Regardless, I wasn't seeking to get into a dispute over whether the CC BRG policy is as generous as it could be (obviously, it could have no BRG at all). I was explaining to a poster why his claim was denied as per the terms and conditions of the program, and you instead launched an attack on me over semantics. I will repeat something I've suggested before: there should be separate threads for people who just want to rant about not reaping windfalls from BRGs, and those who are actually helping others navigate the program (or promotion or feature or whatever you, high priest of language, has deigned appropriate).

Last edited by Adam1222; Mar 1, 2014 at 3:58 am
Old Mar 21, 2014, 3:30 am

Nearly 48H after submitting the claim, no response.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 8:52 am

Programs: My travel agent
2 slightly related questions. Hopefully they fit here.

(I was advised not to open that many topics)

- A Radisson Blu property in Europe on its front page offers a (quite affordable) price. As all Radisson Blu properties display their cheapest prices on their respective home pages. Sure, I did not try all 365 days on which day they offer that price but the nearest price was 1.5 times and the average price was 2 times as much. Now what?

- Why only the cheapest rooms offer a prebooking discount across the brand? Sure there might be a business logic behind it I just couldn't figure it out.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 12:40 pm

Original rate €129

BORG APPROVED UK.HOTELS.COM 103.20 - 25% = 77.40 EURS TI

Old Jul 18, 2014, 3:32 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
From the T&Cs:

The Best Rates Guarantee DOES NOT APPLY to the following:
Special 'member only' rates available to members of special programs or associations (i.e. AAA, senior and government employee discounts),
Special "exclusive offers" or "online coupons" offered by third party websites
Group rates,
Corporate rates,
Wholesale rates,
Affinity/association rates,
Package rates that include the room and other components such as meals, amenities and entertainment.
Rates found on opaque or auction sites where the hotel brand and/or the specific hotel is not known until booking is finalized. Examples of these types of sites include but are not limited to Priceline and Hotwire.
Any other unpublished or private rates,
Rates based on reservations made within 48 hours of the hotel arrival date.
So that means the great Radisson rate I found on another website including breakfast AND at a vastly cheaper price is ineligible for the BORG? What a joke of a programme. SPG doesn't have a problem with that kind of match.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 8:38 pm

I'm 3 out of 4 radisson BRGs in the past week. Never stayed there before but am taking advantage of the AA promotion for 7500 miles, so booked 2 stays each for me and the wife. The only one that was denied was because the rate had changed on the OTA. However, I did have to cancel and submit multiple times. Make sure you get the acknowledgement of submission email, otherwise, it didn't go thru
Old Nov 5, 2014, 1:31 pm

Hi, I sent a claim last saturday, and I'm still waiting for an answer. Radisson BRG is now just a waste of time...
Old Nov 24, 2014, 12:52 pm

I thought that Radisson BRG was dead, but I've got a valid claim yesterday.

Original rate = 105 €
VALID, 81.61 EUROS - 25% = 61.21 INCLUDING TAX

Unfortunately, I had to make 3 attempts and needed two weeks for that. I'm not sure it's worth the effort...
Old Dec 4, 2014, 3:40 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
I just received an answer to my claim after exactly 24 hours and I am very happy with it :-) Approved!!
Hotel: Radisson Blu Scandinavia Düsseldorf (3 nights / 2 business class rooms during New Year)
- Total price for my booking on the Radisson website : €963
- Total lower price on other website : €639
- New Radisson price after BPG claim : €479,22 (average of €79,87 per room per night)
That's less than half the price of my original booking!!
Old Feb 6, 2015, 9:06 am

I have successfully been able to claim several BRG in the past, however, my last claim is being rejected for a reason that I fail to understand.

I have performed a Standard booking (that is cancellable) on a Radisson Blu property at 390€. I have found a cheaper cancellable rate on Expedia for 360€.

My rate was rejected because the Carlson representative was able to find a non-cancellable rate at 300€, both on RadissonBlu.com and Expedia.

I re-read the entire BRG T&C , unfortunately I failed to read which paragraphs states that a BRG cannot be claimed when another rate is not eligible for a BRG.

This even seems pretty inconsistent with the T&C, that states:

If a guest finds a Competing Rate on a non-Brand Website, excluding opaque or auction websites, that is at least $1.00 USD, €1 EUR or Ł1 GBP , 8 DKK, 9 NOK, 10 SEK, or the equivalent in the local currency of the hotel, less than the Booking rate within 24 hours of completing the Booking and at least 48 hours prior to arrival date, then the guest should submit a claim under the Best Rates Guarantee. A “Competing Rate” is defined as a rate available online for the same date(s), the same length of stay, the same number of guests, and the same room type (i.e. room size and amenities) at the same hotel, in the same currency, subject to the same rate rules and/or restrictions.
To the best of my understanding, the mere fact that I booked a room with a given rate, and found a “Competing Rate” on another website makes the claim valid.

Have you ever been subject to this rule?
Old Mar 31, 2015, 12:33 am

Programs: AS, BA, AA
Originally Posted by cwis
I have successfully been able to claim several BRG in the past, however, my last claim is being rejected for a reason that I fail to understand.

I have performed a Standard booking (that is cancellable) on a Radisson Blu property at 390€. I have found a cheaper cancellable rate on Expedia for 360€.

My rate was rejected because the Carlson representative was able to find a non-cancellable rate at 300€, both on RadissonBlu.com and Expedia.

I re-read the entire BRG T&C , unfortunately I failed to read which paragraphs states that a BRG cannot be claimed when another rate is not eligible for a BRG.

This even seems pretty inconsistent with the T&C, that states:

To the best of my understanding, the mere fact that I booked a room with a given rate, and found a “Competing Rate” on another website makes the claim valid.

Have you ever been subject to this rule?
It sounds like a bogus reason, some hotel BRGs require you to book the lowest available rate but I do not see that in Club Carlson's rules. I wonder if CC outsourced to the same group that does IHG's BRG?

Did you protest or escalate the issue, and what was the outcome?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.