Wiki Posts
Search

Raddison San Francisco?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2005, 4:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Silver
Radisson San Francisco?

Has anyone stayed at the San Francisco Radisson? I'm considering cashing in my GP's for free nights, my other options are Marriott ( using bonus Bucks) or hilton on O'Farrell for $126/night. First visit to San Francisco. All posts appreciated.

Last edited by travelnurse; Jul 8, 2005 at 5:26 pm
Old Jul 9, 2005, 5:54 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
The hotel is located opposite the Marriott and backs on to the seafront. There is a pool. Clean but really a flashback to the 1970s. IHOP nextdoor for breakfast. Also GoldPOints Gold - and was treated no differently that the dog on the street. I have nothing more positive to say on the hotel...

On the other hand, I have stayed at the O'Farrell Hilton a number of times and would go back in a flash. And the price sounds good too. Nice hotel, good staff, great location.

Or, you could use your Marriott points and cross the road to see the Radisson, and see if I'm right!
Old Jul 9, 2005, 6:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Silver
Hilton it is!

My 112,000 GoldPoints will hold for a while, we've been eating at Friday's since 175,000 and thought to use the rest for hotel stays. Thank you for your advice. I am looking forward to this trip and don't want to be less than satisfied with the hotel. Hilton was my first choice.
Old Jul 9, 2005, 11:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis Preferred
GoldCircle is right. This place is EXTREMELY unimpressive. It should be a Days Inn or something, that's about the quality. Its a tired property. The rooms themselves are not bad, and probably not substandard for Radisson, but the public areas, overall layout and decor of the hotel are 70s era motel. I was extremely disappointed with the stay I had with my family. The location is decent enough, though I found it to be a bit seedy.

I would absolutely forgo using points and pay for a nicer hotel. In SF, it really makes a difference. I personally would not stay in the Fisherman's Wharf area...except for the Wharf itself, you're sort of isolated from everything else in SF. Downtown, Union Square, etc would be a better choice. You can hit all the spots on the Wharf in a day I think...staying there is sort of backwards.

I'm sure others disagree, but that was my impression based on my first visit.
Old Jul 11, 2005, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
The place looks like an old Motel 5. I just walked by there about a week ago.
Old Jul 15, 2005, 9:22 am

Which Radisson in San Francisco is this? When I search the website, I see the Radisson Miyako on Post Street and the Radisson Fisherman's Wharf on Beach Street. Is the one you're talking about one of these, or another hotel? I'm planning an October trip and would appreciate any advice. Thanks!
Old Jul 15, 2005, 9:25 am

Programs: Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis Preferred
The one I stayed in that was terrible was Fisherman's Wharf.
Old Jul 15, 2005, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by peggster
Which Radisson in San Francisco is this? When I search the website, I see the Radisson Miyako on Post Street and the Radisson Fisherman's Wharf on Beach Street. Is the one you're talking about one of these, or another hotel? I'm planning an October trip and would appreciate any advice. Thanks!
I'm sure everyone means the Wharf location. However, although the Japantown location looks decent, I can't imagine wanting to stay over there if doing the usual "tourist things" in the City.
Old Jul 15, 2005, 5:42 pm

Thanks, all, for the clarification. I'll be in town for the Nike Marathon, and I'm trying to decide how important it is to stay near the start and/or finish. I appreciate the feedback on the Fisherman's Wharf location. Thanks again!

Old Jul 21, 2005, 3:07 pm

Programs: SAS Gold, FB Gold, BA Gold, EY Silver
I have stayed at the Radisson Miyako in Japantown in SF.
It's a Japan-inspired place with Japanese bathtubs in the bathrooms, so at least it's something different. You have a nice view from the top floors.
Otherwise the experience was very average, especially the service at the front desk was pretty bad in my opinion.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 6:22 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold
Thumbs down Radisson Wharf

I should have seen this thread other than tripadvisor before staying here. I checked in around 2am and asked late check out as a gold member. The staff just said no, saying that what is Club Carlson? The hotel layout is really weird and had a hard time to get to my room since the parking elevator does not work after 10pm or so. There is no restaurant in the hotel but a lot of restaurants are using up first floor hotel space.(ihop, johny rockets,...) I think the hotel needs immediate renovation.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 3:10 pm

Radisson Fishermans Wharf

We just stayed at this hotel on Sat night. We are Bay Area locals and came into the city for a corporate holiday party.

The Good: the heated outside pool was fantastic! We checked in at 6pm and immediately went to the pool, were the only ones there, it was funny watching everyone in their warm jackets while we were swimming. They don't advertise the pool enough because most guests were very surprised that it was heated to 85F.

The Bad: the maid knocked and then actually entered the room at 9am on Sunday, waking us up. I mentioned this at checkout (after saying that the overall stay was great and the pool fantastic), and only got a helpless "oh... i'm so sorry".

The hotel is VERY dated. The shower was super strong and the head did not move. "The only hotel with a view of the Bay" or some such sentence is very misleading. The best view is out of the rooftop parking

We will stay again if it's convenient and the right promos are aligned, or if we really want a heated pool in winter (actually considering a mini-vacation with the kids).
Old Oct 7, 2012, 4:03 pm

Don't want to start a new thread about this. Does anyone have any recent experiences with this property? Booked a 4 night stay in Nov on points and now having second thoughts after reading mixed reviews on Tripadvisor.
Old Oct 7, 2012, 9:12 pm
wcj

Depends on the room and floor. Had two separate says for a weekend at the end of Sept. First night, a room that was not renovated and not very nice. They were booked solid. Second night, I was at Parc 55 as Radisson was sold out. Came back for my third night to renovated room with balcony and view of Alcatraz which was nice. The difference is night and day.
Old Oct 7, 2012, 10:57 pm

How can I ensure that I get one of the renovated rooms? I have Silver status with CC. Doubt that would help much.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.