Radisson Bratislava, Slovakia

Old Oct 20, 2013, 1:28 pm

Programs: Who cares... status is a Red Herring.
Originally Posted by Ikaz
I did not enjoy my stay at the Park in ... we were glad to leave this place!
+1
Old Oct 25, 2013, 10:41 pm
Suspended

I will be staying at PI In December. I also have booking at double tree Hilton but i heard it's little outside the old town. So basically 9000 cc points just to recharge during the day before heading to double tree for the night.
Old Oct 26, 2013, 1:09 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
Originally Posted by nadir576
I will be staying at PI In December. I also have booking at double tree Hilton but i heard it's little outside the old town. So basically 9000 cc points just to recharge during the day before heading to double tree for the night.
The double tree is a little out of town but has good transport options.
Bus 212 or 205 goes in to town from a stop 'zimny stadion ' very close to the hotel. If I remember right it takes about 15 minutes and both busses run 4-5 times an hour. And bus 61 connects the hotel with the main station 'hlavna stanica' and the airport. A Huge Billa close by and also a shopping center.
It is a great hotel. Very modern and smart. Big rooms especially the deluxe rooms which have both sofa, armchair and table. Very good restaurant on site.
I have stayed there twice, most recently a 7 night stay in August.
Old May 13, 2014, 5:42 am

Programs: BA bronze, Hertz pres circle, Marriott Platinum, hilton diamond
Just to update this:

Stayed at the Radisson Blu Carlton Hotel a couple of weeks back.

Booked a standard room directly with the hotel, then a friend noticed that the price was the same as the business room he booked with hotels.com. So at 1pm on the arrival day I cancelled, and rebooked on Hotels.com. Same price, and got breakfast and a business room.

When I checked in I asked if CC Gold would get me an upgrade, and was put into a Junior suite. It was a little bigger then my friends business room, and the bathroom had a dedicated shower cubicle as well as bath tub, apart from that, they were the same.

Listed amenities on a plaque in the room were: free newspaper daily, magazines weekly, and free pay per view tv and nespresso coffee. I never got a newspaper or magazine, and couldn't find a pay per view movie on TV... However, breakfast was excellent.

Wifi was ok to good. It took ages to connect to it, but most of the time it worked well.

Hotel is well located, by the old town, and next to the US embassy. If I were going back, I wouldn't hesitate to stay again.
Old May 23, 2014, 11:25 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
I'm tossing up between this and the Sheraton. Sheraton has great reviews, but the Raddison is quoted on a third party website at 68 euros a night including breakfast, and my CC Gold should get an upgrade. Sheraton is 85 euros no breakfast.

Does anyone think the Sheraton would be worth paying extra for? How does the location compare?
Old Nov 28, 2016, 5:43 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plt
I just had a one night stay and it was excellent. Upgraded to something from a standard room as a gold and it was nice. No breakie though. Great location. Overlooks the xmas market. Small city so close to virtually everything. The only issue was the lack of a concierge -- the labeled concierge desk was empty and I was told by a desk agent that the hotel does not have concierge. It wasn't really a big deal in such a small city and with the castle, city exploring/trekking and xmas markets the reason to visit

Definitely a come back to place if I am ever in Bratislava again.

Cheers

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.