Wiki Posts
Search

Best Radisson in the World

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2012, 1:24 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by blackmamba
Radisson Blu Cebu. I bet none of you have heard of that. =(
Of course we have... it was in one of the "Vacation Look Books" :-).
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:58 am

Programs: Club Carlson Gold, AMEX Platinum, EBG
The best Radisson by far is the Radisson Royal Hotel in Moscow, I believe it's also the brands Flagship property, I've not been to another property in the Radisson group which comes close.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 1:16 pm

Location: District of Columbia, Maryland- AA 2M Life Platinum, UA 1K, TK Gold, BA Silver, IC RA, Fairmont/Marriott Platinum, SPG/Hilton/Omni Gold, Wynn/Makers Mark Ambassador, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis Chairmans, National Executive
Hard to believe that with possibly 1000+ nights in hotels lifetime I had only set foot in 1 Radisson until this year, and that was decided by US Air during a bump at MAN airport. Property had a naval motif with round porthole windows and for an airport hotel was actually quite nice.

Anyways, my vote from the 5 properties I have been to would be Radisson Blu Chicago. It knocks the socks off of other hotels nearby like Fairmont/Hyatt/Sheraton. Maybe not best in world, but definitely best in US- fantastic bathrooms, terrace pool with views of Lake Michigan and great bar and restaurant.

I have heard from coworkers that Radisson Blu Cebu and Stockholm were also top notch and friends have recommended Paris, Moscow, Madrid and Dubai to me to use my free night award although I am partial to try the Radisson Edwardians in London.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 4:15 pm

Chicago

I have stayed at Radissons in Amsterdam, Toronto and Chicago. All have their advantages/disadvantages, but I make a point of trying to stay at the Blu in Chicago - two floors of sports and entertainment and great modern and comfortable rooms. Only disadvantage is that it is a bit of a walk to the L train (those of you who don't take trains won't have a problem, and this also applies to the other leading hotels nearby including Farimont, Hyatt, Swissotel etc.). Will be staying at the Rads in Santiago soon and planning another trip overseas so will be looking to find great Radissons worldwide to match low cost flights or MRs.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 5:21 am

Programs: BA Exec Silver, Aeroplan, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by eyeam2cool4u
I have stayed at Radissons in Amsterdam, Toronto and Chicago. All have their advantages/disadvantages, but I make a point of trying to stay at the Blu in Chicago - two floors of sports and entertainment and great modern and comfortable rooms. Only disadvantage is that it is a bit of a walk to the L train (those of you who don't take trains won't have a problem, and this also applies to the other leading hotels nearby including Farimont, Hyatt, Swissotel etc.). Will be staying at the Rads in Santiago soon and planning another trip overseas so will be looking to find great Radissons worldwide to match low cost flights or MRs.
I am dying to try the Radisson in Chicago. Not there until Jan 2014 though.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 2:30 pm

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by JTXC
My favourite so far is the Radisson Blu Abu Dhabi on Yas Island. Very nice hotel (probably the best breakfast spread I have ever tried) with an amazing view. Was there for four days in June, heading back in March.
I would also vote for this hotel as really nice, and a very fine breakfast spread, with great staff, but not aspirational.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 10:49 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Can we get some updates on this question?

Am trying to decide where to book using my free night with the Club Carlson Credit card before the window for booking ends on 01 June.

Am especially interested in ex-US properties. Cities (especially Europe) and ocean resorts.

Could be any property within the Carlson family of brands.

I'll submit my personal experience "best Club Carlson property".

Originally Posted by pazza2000
I think the May Fair is regarded as the best London property, however if your planning a long stay I understand the Plaza by the River has excellent 5* apartment style accommodation.
I agree with a vote for Plaza on the River Club and Residences in London. Not cheap with cash, or 105,000 points per night for a one bedroom full-out suite with complete kitchen. But with second night free for visa card holders--this was a steal. Paid an additional $50 per night for view of River and Houses of Parliament.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...n_England.html
Old Apr 22, 2015, 6:13 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by travelexpert
Can we get some updates on this question?
Sadly I don' think there is a whole lot to update! I don't recall too many new European properties that could be considered "aspirational" or the "best" having opened recently. You might also want to take a look at this thread on the same topic:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/carls...tel-world.html

I have enjoyed (but would not consider them to be some of the overall best hotels I have stayed in) :

Radisson Vienna (good location but I had some service issues)
Radisson Champs Elysee (great location but we had some issues with room upkeep)
Radisson Marseille (great location)
Radisson Madrid (great location and overall a very nice hotel) If I had to consider all things including service, location, room, room condition, staff, etc. this would probably be my "best" Radisson stay to date.

Hotels not mentioned in this thread that I have read good things about and I would want to try (listed in order I would want to try them):

Radisson Gran Canaria
art'otel Amsterdam
Radisson Bosphorus Istanbul
Radisson Dubrovnik
Radisson Cannes (walked by and it has a good location...we stayed at the IC Carlton Cannes) - would have to have an ocean view room!

Last edited by christianj; Apr 22, 2015 at 6:40 am
Old Apr 22, 2015, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by christianj
Hotels not mentioned in this thread that I have read good things about and I would want to try (listed in order I would want to try them):

Radisson Gran Canaria
art'otel Amsterdam
Radisson Bosphorus Istanbul
Radisson Dubrovnik
Radisson Cannes (walked by and it has a good location...we stayed at the IC Carlton Cannes) - would have to have an ocean view room!
I find Radisson Gran Canaria very nice, as it's the best hotel on Gran Canaria with good views, food, spacious rooms.
Radisson Cannes is also very nice, although a bit tired. The hotel needs a rennovation already. And good are only rooms with seaview and business class and bigger. But the best thing at this hotel is spa with a hot jacuzzi outside with seaview.
A couple more nice properties are two new Radissons in Sochi. The both do not own beaches, but everything else is amazing. I like junior suites with jacuzzi in the room and presidential suites with jacuzzi overlooking the sea. Restaurants are also very good.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 1:37 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
I don't recall too many new European properties that could be considered "aspirational" or the "best" having opened recently.
MUch to the contrary actually, in Germany two of the best Radissons have left the chain, the RB Schloss Fleesensee (a countryside castle, with huge spa), and the RB Gewandhaus Dresden. The remaining German Radissons are now all purpose-built (business) hotels (with the exception of the RB Schwarzer Bock Wiesbaden, and the really run down RB Baden-Baden), some nice, but nothing fancy.

Have stayed at the art'otel Amsterdam, and yes, it was nice, but neither the hotel, their small pool nor the breakfast blew me away. Staff was excellent, however.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 6:22 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by treppenlaeufer
MUch to the contrary actually, in Germany two of the best Radissons have left the chain, the RB Schloss Fleesensee (a countryside castle, with huge spa), and the RB Gewandhaus Dresden.
Don't want to get this too far off topic but when did RB Schloss Feesensee actually leave. I had never heard of either property (and I spend a lot of time in Germany...see handle). Property in Dresden left in 2014 according to Wiki.

Originally Posted by treppenlaeufer
The remaining German Radissons are now all purpose-built (business) hotels (with the exception of the RB Schwarzer Bock Wiesbaden, and the really run down RB Baden-Baden), some nice, but nothing fancy.
I've stayed at the RB Schwarzer Bock a couple of times and found it to be a functional historical decor hotel with a great location. I know they renovated the rooms but I have not stayed their since but would assume that it's now even nicer. From the pictures on TA it looks like they added new furniture and carpeting, painted the wardrobe built-ins white and didn't do much to the bathrooms which had been refreshed to some extent before the reno.

Last edited by christianj; Apr 23, 2015 at 6:38 am
Old Apr 23, 2015, 7:25 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
Don't want to get this too far off topic but when did RB Schloss Feesensee actually leave. I had never heard of either property (and I spend a lot of time in Germany...see handle). Property in Dresden left in 2014 according to Wiki.
Fleesensee left the chain pretty much overnight this January - now bookable here http://www.schlosshotel-fleesensee.com/
Old Feb 15, 2020, 9:30 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Any updates?

There surely must be some newer upscale properties that have joined the Radisson family?
Old Feb 16, 2020, 4:57 am

Any updates?

There surely must be some newer upscale properties that have joined the Radisson family?
The term "best" is wildly subjective. You'll get far better answers if you narrow the scope of the question. For example, the best hotel that caters to business travelers is probably not going to be in the top 10 hotels that target leisure travelers.
dimon84 likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 3:09 pm

Programs: UA Slvr, DL Slvr, AA plt, HH LTD, MR tit/LTP at least two of those buy 10 get 1 free coffee cards
Any updates?

I'm not so sure about that. RB Bali perhaps? On the plus side, the Maldives property is once again listed on the website, even if not yet bookable.

Last edited by aroundtheworld76; Feb 18, 2020 at 11:36 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.