Search

Walk out policy for CC members?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2017, 6:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH D,CC,SPG,AZ: Gold;BA Silver, TK Elite
Walk out policy for CC members?

Hi,
I'm booked at the Radisson Blu nantes for a couple of nights this week, on points. I'm CC gold
It seems the hotel is fully booked for both nights, and we will be arriving late (23.00), so there's a chance we would be walked out.

Any ideas as to what is the compensation/process in such a case?
thanks for your help!
Old Apr 10, 2017, 10:36 am

Programs: Melia Planium, IB+, BAEC
I'd say they should book you into a nearby hotel if a similar level, and pay for it.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 5:27 pm

Unlike some frequent guest programs, Club Carlson does not publish guidelines for relocation due to overbooking. As dumba writes, the industry standard is for the hotel to place you in a hotel of similar rating (on their dime) and provide transportation to/from that hotel.

That said, I worked for many years in hotels in positions at the Front Desk and as a Revenue Manager. The fact that a hotel is sold out does not mean they are potentially walking guests. I worked in business hotels that were full 2-4 nights each week. Despite that, we very rarely walked guests. And, if we did, it never was a guest who was an elite-level member of the frequent guest program.

The likelihood that you'll be relocated is slim.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 2:44 am
Original Poster

Thanks for your replies!
Well, I agree that the chances of being walked are slim, but despite being a Gold member, as I am booked on points, I guess this would increase the likelihood of being walked compared to a revenue booking, wouldn't it?

Is there any "revenue factor" taken into account when walking guests?

worth noting that other similar hotels in the area are sold out :-)
Old Apr 11, 2017, 5:29 am

Programs: Radisson Rewards Gold, , Accor All Gold
Originally Posted by papyPiHi
Thanks for your replies!
Well, I agree that the chances of being walked are slim, but despite being a Gold member, as I am booked on points, I guess this would increase the likelihood of being walked compared to a revenue booking, wouldn't it?

worth noting that other similar hotels in the area are sold out :-)

Why don't write straight to hotel and tell that you are arriving pretty late and ask if they can quarantee your stay?
Or do you hope that it is fully booked and you would get some compensation points?
Old Apr 11, 2017, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by papyPiHi

I actually used to be a Revenue Manager for a Radisson hotel. It's now a Radisson Blu. When I was there, any point redemptions were a flat rate when the hotel was under a certain occupancy percentage. When full, the hotel was reimbursed at that day's average rate. (I can't confirm that's still the case. But, changing that would require new franchise agreements so I doubt it's different.)

Prior to getting into Revenue Management, I started at the Front Desk. Most hotels tend have a clear demarcation when it comes to reservations. Anything in the future is under the control of the Sales Department (which includes the Reservations Department). For guests due to arrive that day (or sometimes the following day), decisions are made by the Operations Department (which includes the Front Desk).

That demarcation is important because Operations folks are generally less focused on revenue. In an oversold situation, they will look at many other factors besides the rate. Things like rate category (leisure, group, corporate), number of guests, and how the reservation was made (direct with chain, via online travel agency, via corporate travel agency).

As an elite-level member of Club Carlson, I think the likelihood of you getting relocated is slim. Although I don't consider an 11pm arrival to be "late", you may want to call the hotel and let them know your arrival time just for your own peace-of-mind.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 7:50 am
Original Poster

Thanks all for your replies!
In the end, we arrived at 11.30 local time, and got our room without any hassle.
One of the best Radissons I've been at to be honest, despite free parking being tough to find in the area

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.