Are 2-for-1 and 4-for-2 rates gone?

Old Jul 13, 2017, 12:54 pm

I got points from my early July stay (2-for-1 + upgrade to 1 bedroom suite) \

Didn't calculate if it's correct though, from ~$200 Euro

Earn Hotel Stay - Park Inn by Radisson Amsterdam Airport Schiphol - 5,130
Old Jul 13, 2017, 4:50 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Originally Posted by raunow
Just been denied points and credits for of my remaking 4-for-2 rate bookings (booked before they were discontinued). CC calls the rate not entitled to points earning which is definitely new to me, since Ive always earned points on this rate.

Ive responded that I dont agree, and asked them to double check.

Has anybody else had issues with CC earning since the rate was discontinued ?
I had a 2-for-1 booking for the Radisson Blu in Belfast that came up as ineligible on my statement. But I mentioned it on the webchat with an agent when I was discussing another matter and got my points and the triple bonus - 11,504 in total.

I have one 2-for-1 booking left in October for Edinburgh so I shall see what happens then.

I am not seeking to renew my Concierge status after this year - mainly because of the loss of these rates.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 3:47 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SAS EBD, BA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by raunow
Just been denied points and credits for of my remaking 4-for-2 rate bookings (booked before they were discontinued). CC calls the rate not entitled to points earning which is definitely new to me, since Ive always earned points on this rate.

Ive responded that I dont agree, and asked them to double check.

Has anybody else had issues with CC earning since the rate was discontinued ?
After complaining this issue was solved, and I was ensured that 4for2 rates are still eligible for CC earning.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 1:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Well, it has now been more than half a year since the 2-for-1 and 4-for-2 rates were eliminated - of course without any advance notice whatsoever.

And despite promises to the contrary, this long lasting benefit wasn't replaced with any decent ongoing promotion / benefit whatsoever - just the usual 10%-20% advance purchase discounts etc., i.e. nothing that any of the competing hotel chains don't offer.

I often used to book Carlson (business) hotels in Europe using this rate and given the low occupancy rates on the weekend it often seemed like a win-win. It's too bad that Club Carlson - after several years of improving benefits - has been mostly eliminating benefits during the last ~two years.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 7:53 am
Fyd

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, IHG Plat Amb, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Accor Plat
But you got a beautiful new logo and name for the program - that should make up for it! No?
Old Mar 24, 2018, 2:27 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Originally Posted by Jasper2009

I often used to book Carlson (business) hotels in Europe using this rate and given the low occupancy rates on the weekend it often seemed like a win-win. It's too bad that Club Carlson - after several years of improving benefits - has been mostly eliminating benefits during the last ~two years.
The removal of the benefit is exactly the reason why for the first time in over ten years I am not at the top level of the programme and indeed have no Radisson hotels booked over the coming year.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.