Wiki Posts
Search

Concierges or lack thereof

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2016, 5:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Ex Plt
Concierges or lack thereof

Am I just unlucky or does CC have a problem with its concierges -- meaning its hotels simply don't have them(?) I've stayed in a bunch of CC hotels in 6-7 different European countries and none of them have had a concierge. From Oslo to Vienna to Lübeck (and beyond), there never seems to be a concierge to answer questions or help with "something." I've seen the stations for a concierge but they've been empty. Front desk agents have been helpful at times but "tourist" type questions have gone unanswered. Is this only me or have others experienced the same?

Cheers -
Old Nov 29, 2016, 7:19 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
I've found the same situation on other chains as well across the US and Europe, so not really a CC issue. It seems that mostly the concierge desk is not always staffed, or it has limited hours of operations.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

I am going to have to disagree on this one. My Hilton, SPG, IHG, and Hyatt stays across Europe have all had concierges - full service hotels as I don't expect a concierge at a HIX. In the USA, in bigger cities, I don't recall not seeing a concierge --- I'll take that big city size all the way down to the ABQ Hyatt Regency (concierge = yes; competent = no ).

For the sake of argument (and I am not arguing ), has anyone else been to a major chain hotel in VIE and not had access to a concierge?

Cheers
Old Nov 30, 2016, 5:30 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by thegrailer
My Hilton, SPG, IHG, and Hyatt stays across Europe have all had concierges - full service hotels as I don't expect a concierge at a HIX.
I would concur with this and even go so far as to say the smaller Accor & IHG properties we stayed at in France & Italy, while not having a specific concierge, the front desk personnel were proficient enough with information.

Thanks for the heads up re: ClubCarlson properties.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 9:17 am

Was scrathcing my head whe I read the title.... And that's why the name of the top tier status level is soooooo stupid. On the other hand I'm traveling so much I can recommend a lot of places in some cities
Old Dec 7, 2016, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

To funny --
I'm never going to reach CC Concierge level so I didn't even think to put "hotel" concierge in the title

Cheers

Originally Posted by fassy
Was scrathcing my head whe I read the title.... And that's why the name of the top tier status level is soooooo stupid. On the other hand I'm traveling so much I can recommend a lot of places in some cities
Old Dec 7, 2016, 11:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Originally Posted by fassy
Was scrathcing my head whe I read the title.... And that's why the name of the top tier status level is soooooo stupid.
It's several years ago now since it was stopped, but at one time those who reached the highest Concierge level could ring up to actually use a Club Carlson Concierge to make bookings for restaurant, shows etc in the same way as a hotel concierge would do.

I remember using them to book me a restaurant and tickets to Swan Lake in St Petersburg. The service was withdrawn but the name of the level - Concierge - has remained.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 1:29 am

Originally Posted by CoweyB
It's several years ago now since it was stopped, but at one time those who reached the highest Concierge level could ring up to actually use a Club Carlson Concierge to make bookings for restaurant, shows etc in the same way as a hotel concierge would do.

I remember using them to book me a restaurant and tickets to Swan Lake in St Petersburg. The service was withdrawn but the name of the level - Concierge - has remained.
True, but not the customer should be the 'concierge'. Every time I check in they say 'Special Welcome to you as Club Carlson Concierge' which is just odd. I have a Concierge service with my AMEX Elite card and they do not call me the Concierge. But whatever... not worth arguing about with anybody.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Consider it an invitation to make yourself at home at the abandoned Concierge desk and help out.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 3:36 pm
Original Poster

More data - Rad Blu Waterfront Stockholm: Concierge desk but no concierge. Front desk agent stated he was the person to ask for info.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.