Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Radisson Suites Bangkok Sukhumvit upgrade for Gold?

Old Sep 25, 2016, 10:46 am
Original Poster

I'm going to Bangkok in February 2017 and want to stay in the Sukhumvit area. I've looked at various properties across all the US chains, and the JW Marriott is closest to where I want to be. Radisson Suites Bangkok Sukhumvit is close. I've read some bad things about the JW and some great things about the RS. A couple bloggers reviewed it and got upgrades for being Gold. I'm a Gold member from the US Bank card. One blogger said he got upgraded at the time of booking! I tried looking through the booking options and the cheapest/best value right now is cash + points, which is 5K points and $60s for studio and 5K + $80s for suite. $20 x 5 nights isn't a huge amount of money, but if I can keep that in my pocket, I'd rather do that. Should I just book take my chances and book the studio, or pay the $100 for a guaranteed suite? It's just me and my wife so a suite isn't critical, but bigger is always nicer. And the microwave/kitchenette would be good too.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 4:30 pm

Programs: UA/AA
I have stayed there a few times and have always received a room upgrade at the time of check-in since the free upgrades are based on availability at check-in. So I guess you gotta pay up front if you want to reserve it. I believe my stays were point redemptions also. Be ready for a good ten minute walk up the soi from Sukhumvit to the hotel.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 7:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Paiteaw
I have stayed there a few times and have always received a room upgrade at the time of check-in since the free upgrades are based on availability at check-in. So I guess you gotta pay up front if you want to reserve it. I believe my stays were point redemptions also. Be ready for a good ten minute walk up the soi from Sukhumvit to the hotel.
10 min walk? I would've thought 5 but I hear the blocks are large.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 11:02 pm
Fyd

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, IHG Plat Amb, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Accor Plat
Upgraded too

I was upgraded to a nice suite as a Gold CC member as well. I would chance the upgrade rather than pay.
The walk is indeed 10min - it's near the end of the long soi.
If you want yo be closer to BTS, check out the Park Plaza Sukhumvit. It's roughly the same price, newer and nicer, but not likely to get a suite.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 4:11 am

Programs: UA/AA
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
10 min walk? I would've thought 5 but I hear the blocks are large.
Yes, at my speed. If you are a power walker perhaps you could make it in 5 min.
The blocks are large, the sois are narrow and the curbs are high too.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.