Wiki Posts
Search

Helpful Intervention from Club Carlson

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2016, 2:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Helpful Intervention from Club Carlson

I had a good (if unexpected) intervention from Club Carlson recently.

I stay a lot at Park Plaza Riverbank in London on a weekend extend rate and as a Concierge I usually have no problem getting an upgrade to a junior suite - although they tend to put me at the back by the train line where it's a bit noisier.

This time I asked for a river view I always put this in the comments box when booking but when I got to my room it was just a normal standard room with this view. You had to lean forward and crank your neck to the left to see just the tiniest sliver of the river Thames...

I was checking my Twitter feed later and I saw that @ParkPlazaHotels (whom I follow) were asking for views from your room so I sent this pic with a moan that this was how a Concierge was rewarded with a supposed river view. I got a friendly if predictable response saying that upgrades depended on availability at check-in etc and that was, I thought, the end of it - we all know sometimes we get a nice upgrade and sometimes we don't.

But on the day I was checking out I got an unexpected DM on Twitter from @clubcarlson saying that they had noted what had happened and asked had I spoken to a Manager about it. I said I hadn't - I had in fact just checked out - and in response they in turn said that they would get someone to contact me within 48 hours from the hotel.

No-one did contact me but @clubcarlson then DM'd me again to apologise for that and the fact I didn't get an upgrade and they gave me a discretionary 5,000 Goldpoints for the hotel's shortcomings.

I must say that I was impressed by Club Carlson's attempt at intervening to put things right - even though it didn't come to any fruition.
Attached Images  
Old Sep 15, 2016, 6:58 am

Programs: A3 *G, Hilton Diamond, Accor Silver
I have just had a somewhat similar experience.

I used an ECert to book a one night stay at a Park Inn and received confirmation stating the rate was 0.00.

However, when checking out, the hotel said they had no record of the ECert being applied. The hotel told me they would look into and and allowed me to check out with only paying for a few incidentals.

The next day, I received an email from the hotel saying I was being charged the full amount and indeed, the charge appeared on my credit card.

I emailed Club Carlson and explained I had provided copies to the hotel showing the ECert usage to no avail. Club Carlson replied within 24 hours and assured me the hotel had been contacted and would remove the credit card charge.

I then received an email from the hotel manager explaining that a technical issue had prevented them from seeing the ECert, the charge was removed, and I would receive 10,000 Gold Points for the issue.

The points posted later that day.

To quote the OP, I too am very impressed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.