Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Work Hard, Play Hard - 1st August to 31st October promotion, double/tripple points

Work Hard, Play Hard - 1st August to 31st October promotion, double/tripple points

Old Aug 27, 2016, 12:40 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by cityfishing
Do this work retroactively? I had a stay in early August but just registered today. I didn't see anything in the T&Cs that confirms one way or the other.
I had the same question. Absolutely nothing in the T&Cs that says you have to register before staying. I think other hotel chains allow for retroactive on their promos (Hyatt IIRC). I had two stays before I found out about the promo.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 4:56 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Originally Posted by cityfishing
Do this work retroactively? I had a stay in early August but just registered today. I didn't see anything in the T&Cs that confirms one way or the other.
The T/Cs prescribe three conditions: members must (i) register online for the Promotion at clubcarlson.com/workplay; (ii) provide their Club Carlson number at the time of reservation or before checkout; and (iii) complete at least one Eligible Stay at any Quorvus Collection, Radisson Blu, Radisson, Radisson Red, Park Plaza, Park Inn by Radisson and Country Inns & Suites By CarlsonSM hotels worldwide during the Promotion Period.

So I don't think you will be awarded for any stays before you register for the promotion.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 12:31 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by CoweyB
The T/Cs prescribe three conditions: members must (i) register online for the Promotion at clubcarlson.com/workplay; (ii) provide their Club Carlson number at the time of reservation or before checkout; and (iii) complete at least one Eligible Stay at any Quorvus Collection, Radisson Blu, Radisson, Radisson Red, Park Plaza, Park Inn by Radisson and Country Inns & Suites By CarlsonSM hotels worldwide during the Promotion Period.

So I don't think you will be awarded for any stays before you register for the promotion.
Which part of what you quoted prevents it:

(i) Yes, I'm registered
(ii) My Club Carlson number was on the reservations
(iii) I made a stay during the Promotion Period (Aug 1-Oct 31)
Old Aug 29, 2016, 1:25 am

Does anyone know if this will work on the cash portion of cash and points stays? Thanks!
Old Aug 29, 2016, 6:04 am

Originally Posted by jasonvr

(i) Yes, I'm registered
The promotion states: Register for the Work Hard, Play Hard promotion today to start rewarding yourself all week long.

that suggests - to me - that you only earn additional points after registration and not before.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 1:43 pm

I had the same question. Absolutely nothing in the T&Cs that says you have to register before staying. I think other hotel chains allow for retroactive on their promos (Hyatt IIRC). I had two stays before I found out about the promo.

(i) Yes, I'm registered
The promotion states: Register for the Work Hard, Play Hard promotion today to start rewarding yourself all week long.

that suggests - to me - that you only earn additional points after registration and not before.
I gotta say, big thumbs down to Carlson on this one. I emailed back and forth with them a couple of times and they eventually just said to call, so I did. Got kind of an annoying CSR who immediately said "have to be registered before checkout". She went thru the T&C's and kept trying to point of a place where it required it, but couldn't actually point it out. Talked to a supervisor who said "that's the way it is on all our promotions".

I ended the call by saying that I just wish it was actually stated in the terms and her response was "well it seems clear to me, but I work with these all the time"

Given that at least some of their peers in the industry (like Hyatt) don't require registration before the first stay, it seems like quite a customer unfriendly move
Old Sep 30, 2016, 12:24 pm

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
Originally Posted by Lyssa
Does anyone know if this will work on the cash portion of cash and points stays? Thanks!
it even works on pure award stays. not sure what basis they use to award points but i was given ~15k points for a two ngiht award stay
Old Oct 5, 2016, 10:37 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
I got something about double points if you use club Carlson visa by end of year at radisson and country inn
Old Oct 5, 2016, 3:58 pm

It's actually been quite a good promotion for me . I've gone from 3,000 to 70,000 points after just two weekend stays and I have another two weekend stays and a midweek one before the end of the month.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 3:04 pm

It's actually been quite a good promotion for me . I've gone from 3,000 to 70,000 points after just two weekend stays and I have another two weekend stays and a midweek one before the end of the month.
But please notice that unfortunately there is a limit of 50,000 points for the double/triplepoints.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by hotellazur
But please notice that unfortunately there is a limit of 50,000 points for the double/triplepoints.
Darn - I missed that but I still have a buffer of 13,000 points to go and three stays coming up which is better than nothing I suppose.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mintcilantro
it even works on pure award stays. not sure what basis they use to award points but i was given ~15k points for a two ngiht award stay
15K pts? wow.

We had 2x 2 nights stay at Cape Town Waterfront and 1x 2 nights stay at Cape Town Le Vendome. Those were the last "last night free" redemption from 2015.

They all received the bonus but in an unfathomable way.

For the identical 2 nighter at Waterfront, I got 7K+ pts. DH's account got 4K+ pts and his account even had F&B expenses which earned the correct F&B pts.

His 2 nighter at Le Vendome only received 1K+ bonus.

So a total of 6 nights in 2 accounts combined, earn just about 12K pts in total. Or may be the system treats it 3 nights only. But still - less than your 15K for 2 nights.

How do the system calculate this bonus?!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.