Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

booking "economy" room with gold status - upgrade?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2016, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Looking at a couple of properties in CPH and Stockholm.
Radisson is showing good deals on "economy' rooms.
ClubCarlson should match my Hyatt and Hilton status to Gold.
Not exactly sure what Gold status means with CC- will I get an upgrade to a better room, or will I be stuck with the "economy" room if that's what I book?
Old May 22, 2016, 3:09 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Originally Posted by stevento
Looking at a couple of properties in CPH and Stockholm.
Radisson is showing good deals on "economy' rooms.
ClubCarlson should match my Hyatt and Hilton status to Gold.
Not exactly sure what Gold status means with CC- will I get an upgrade to a better room, or will I be stuck with the "economy" room if that's what I book?
As with the other programs you mentioned, CC gold gets space available upgrades. In practice that means that to get an upgrade the property can't be heavily booked and also that they are have to be willing to upgrade elites. Some properties do this very regularly, while others manage to rarely or never provide complimentary upgrades. You can read through the thread on Stockholm properties to see which are most likely to upgrade you (my recollection is that people have had success at the Royal Viking), but you should be prepared to stay in the room type you booked...
Old May 22, 2016, 3:24 pm

Expect what you pay for and enjoy it would be my suggestion. Upgrades are a lottery that are dependent on many factors known or otherwise.
Old May 22, 2016, 4:09 pm
Original Poster

from the looks of it, "enjoying" an economy room might be tough. If a property is willing explicitly designate a room "economy", below the "standard", that's saying a lot.
I'll keep on looking...
Old May 22, 2016, 5:45 pm

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Spire, Radisson Gold
Carlson Rezidor properties don't have the best success rate with upgrades in my experience.
I used to work in Stockholm and I did usually get upgraded at the Radisson Royal Viking if that's one of the ones you're looking at. I also stayed at the Radisson Waterfront, which is a newer and more modern hotel, but I preferred the Royal Viking on the basis of better elite treatment, bigger rooms and nicer restaurant.
Old May 23, 2016, 3:04 am

Originally Posted by ConradS
Expect what you pay for and enjoy it would be my suggestion. Upgrades are a lottery that are dependent on many factors known or otherwise.
To the OP a sensible rule with CC is to expect to receive what you have booked – anything you get at check-in above that level is a bonus. In that regard, ConradS has provided sound advice and I suggest that opinion is considered in relation to you booking the 'bargain basement' accommodation option.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.