Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Anyone successfully retained 2nd night free when changing award dates?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2016, 9:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to count!

I speculatively booked 2 nights in Dublin before Club Carlson did away with their 2nd night free for Visa card holders. I won't be able to keep the dates. I wondered if anyone had successfully changed the dates on a similar reservation and was able to retain the free night. I know I won't lose the points I used to book the reservation if I cancel or change, it just smarts that it will cost twice as much if I can't keep that 2nd night free.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 10:14 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, CC Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Choice Plat
haven't seen any positive so far
Old Apr 9, 2016, 9:07 pm

I had a similar situation with two sets of bookings at two different hotels in the same country. Wrote them both requesting a change of dates.

One hotel did without any fuss. The other hotel asked me to make the change with Carlson.

Net effect, I had to leave both bookings unchanged since I needed to stay in both places when I visited the destination.

The other problem is that in many cases, the points needed for the hotel have also increased. So, if you opt to cancel and redeposit the points, you may not even get one night to replace your 2-night booking.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 3:30 pm

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Contact the hotel DIRECTLY. Call them, Email them. It will take a couple of tries, but will work.
Old May 2, 2016, 1:30 pm

[QUOTE=CynthiaD;26458922]I speculatively booked 2 nights in Dublin before Club Carlson did away with their 2nd night free for Visa card holders. I won't be able to keep the dates. I wondered if anyone had successfully changed the dates on a similar reservation and was able to retain the free night. I know I won't lose the points I used to book the reservation if I cancel or change, it just smarts that it will cost twice as much if I can't keep that 2nd night free.[/QUOTEj

I just emailed a CC hotel directly about my reservation in Europe. Agent replied back to confirm date change with same conditions (cancel before check in date to avoid penalty), and said she has made the change at the hotel's system, and she hoped that I can see it in my Club Carlson website too. However, on Club Carlson's website my reservation is still showing the original date. I think there is some disconnect between the individual hotel vs Carlson systems, but I am not worried since I have the email from hotel as proof.

Like the others say, email or call a couple times before you give up. The worst they can say is no. If you call, make sure to have them email you a confirmation since your Carlson account may not reflect the change.
Old May 3, 2016, 9:12 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
[QUOTE=katye;26566885]
Originally Posted by CynthiaD
I speculatively booked 2 nights in Dublin before Club Carlson did away with their 2nd night free for Visa card holders. I won't be able to keep the dates. I wondered if anyone had successfully changed the dates on a similar reservation and was able to retain the free night. I know I won't lose the points I used to book the reservation if I cancel or change, it just smarts that it will cost twice as much if I can't keep that 2nd night free.[/QUOTEj

I just emailed a CC hotel directly about my reservation in Europe. Agent replied back to confirm date change with same conditions (cancel before check in date to avoid penalty), and said she has made the change at the hotel's system, and she hoped that I can see it in my Club Carlson website too. However, on Club Carlson's website my reservation is still showing the original date. I think there is some disconnect between the individual hotel vs Carlson systems, but I am not worried since I have the email from hotel as proof.

Like the others say, email or call a couple times before you give up. The worst they can say is no. If you call, make sure to have them email you a confirmation since your Carlson account may not reflect the change.
However, on Club Carlson's website my reservation is still showing the original date. I think there is some disconnect between the individual hotel vs Carlson systems, but I am not worried since I have the email from hotel as proof.

I had a similar situation, CC website did not update and then the status was a No show. But the reservation was changed to a later date and there was no problem at hotel. It is a technical glitch, probably too infrequent for them to spend time to fix it. If you have a confirmation, no problem.

I am thinking of doing the same and move a reservation to summer 2017.
Old May 5, 2016, 2:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Anyone have success with RB SYD, MAD and AMS?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.