Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

CC Visa cardholders anniversary free night cert + 40k points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2016, 8:16 am
Original Poster

I just received a free night e-cert and the anniversary bonus of 40k points. Is the e-cert an anniversary benefit that they just added? I don't remember getting one before.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 9:43 am

Programs: A3 *G, Hilton Diamond, Accor Silver
My 40,000 anniversary points posted today as well.

However, no e-cert.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I receive the e-cert email but my 40K pts have not been posted.

Cert is only good in US though, not really useful to us unfortunately.

Looking in history last year the 40K posted on Feb 19th, the 2nd statement date from the statement the AF was billed. That is, the anniversary bonus does not post until 2 statements after the AF is billed. Similar posting time frame for DH account which has NOT received the e-cert at this moment. Better put a few $ on the card so it would generate a statement in order for the 40K to post.

Last edited by Happy; Feb 4, 2016 at 7:10 pm
Old Feb 4, 2016, 10:45 am

The free night cert (good at US properties only), was added last year. If you spend more than $10k during your membership year, and pay the annual fee, then you receive the cert.

I guess they viewed it as restoring some of the value they took away when they removed the "last night free on award stays" benefit.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NRTBound2015
The free night cert (good at US properties only), was added last year. If you spend more than $10k during your membership year, and pay the annual fee, then you receive the cert.

I guess they viewed it as restoring some of the value they took away when they removed the "last night free on award stays" benefit.
I am not sure I have spent $10K on the card last year. I stopped the spending a few months before the devaluation when I saw the point level was at an uncomfortable level should a devaluation coming. After the devaluation the card did not see any spending until very late in the year when after cancelling a couple speculative reservations we needed some top off points to make needed reservation. May be I barely made the $10K mark, certainly not intentional though knowing the cert was good for US only.

Went back to look at the spend - I dont know how US Bank calculate the spend - when is the starting date for the 12 months' period? from the next statement after the annual fee is billed? The prior AF was billed on 12/17/2014, so I would imagine the spend count started AFTER the AF was billed. The period between the 2 AFs (12/17/14 to 12/18/15) total spend was below $7K. However if the spend on the statement closed on 12/17/14 was included, then it was above $10K - though I dont think that statement should be included as that would become 13 statements, longer than a year.

Last edited by Happy; Feb 6, 2016 at 12:16 am Reason: correct year of dates
Old Feb 5, 2016, 2:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
I was also puzzled - even more so when I received an "invalid" message when attempting to redeem for a room in London. Now I understand!

Interesting as to the purported requirements, because I did not spend even $1 on the card last year, though I did a nice 0% balance transfer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.