Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who is buying/merging with Carlson?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2016, 12:39 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by craigthemif
With Carlson, Radisson Blu is quite attractive. The rest is mostly unappealing and requiring a lot of investment. I just don't see Park Inn / Country Inn fitting into Hyatt or another upscale chain.
?
Radisson in Europe are generally very good and would fit in Hyatt non-exisiting portfolio who knows, but the rest is crap yes
Old Jan 26, 2016, 4:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by FFlash
Radisson in Europe are generally very good and would fit in Hyatt non-exisiting portfolio who knows, but the rest is crap yes
I would not underestimate the attractiveness of Country Inn & Suites to someone like Hyatt! It would give Hyatt the opportunity to add a lot of mid-segment properties in the US which would help them compete with Marriott and Hyatt.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 4:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
IMO European Radissons tend to be cookie cutter modern, just not very interesting even if they're generally four star properties.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 6:52 pm

Programs: AS, US, Hilton, BA, DL, SPG, AA, VS
Originally Posted by christianj
It would give Hyatt the opportunity to add a lot of mid-segment properties in the US which would help them compete with Marriott and Hyatt.
So Hyatt is competing against itself?
Old Jan 30, 2016, 6:10 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
IMO European Radissons tend to be cookie cutter modern, just not very interesting even if they're generally four star properties.
True even of some of the Blu properties.

Add this to SanDiego1K's comment. Reflections of the common theme of any skepticism about the idea.

Would a possible historical perspective add to the discussion? First, SAS spins off the Radissons et al, branding them "Carlson Rezidor", with a leadership dedicated to building/bringing the brand(s) into the modern world from the heavy Scandinavian egalitarian culture, especially with the elitist Club Carlson. Then they shop it around.

Accurate? All part of the long range plan? And how far have they come? Particularly as competitor(s)? Particularly as a value proposition?

Last edited by Firewind; Jan 30, 2016 at 6:15 am
Old Jan 30, 2016, 7:20 am
J_B

Programs: BA Silver, Club Carlson Gold, Best Western Platinum, Bodean's Q-Card
Not sure I get the post above, but Carlson 'reviewing options' needs to be viewed in the context of consolidation in the wider market, I think.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by LETTERBOY
Quote:

It would give Hyatt the opportunity to add a lot of mid-segment properties in the US which would help them compete with Marriott and Hyatt.

So Hyatt is competing against itself?
I don't see it as Hyatt competing against themselves....more of a possibility of significantly expanding their mid-market reach by potentially rebranding CI&S to the Hyatt House or Hyatt Place brand similar to what they did with Amerisuites.
Old Mar 5, 2016, 12:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Bloomberg reports Accor may be one of the merger bidders.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...arlson-rezidor
Old Mar 5, 2016, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by Renard
Bloomberg reports Accor may be one of the merger bidders.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...arlson-rezidor
Ugh, Accor has the worst frequent guest program out there I think.
Old Mar 5, 2016, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by view
Ugh, Accor has the worst frequent guest program out there I think.
I agree and if Accor buys them it would be HORRIBLE news! I somehow can't imagine that this would pass European regulators since Accor and Club Carlson are the two largest hotel companies operating in Europe IMHO.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 12:17 pm

I doubt Hyatt is going to buy them. It sounds like a bad idea. CC is most likely going to get bought by another chain with worse service.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 2:59 am

Is it a good idea to redeem the points now?
If it's going to be a member of accor ...
Old Mar 8, 2016, 4:57 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by Belgium
Is it a good idea to redeem the points now?
If it's going to be a member of accor ...
Nothing has been made official on this yet. Its a bit early to ask. Me, I proceed with my scheduled bookings.
Old Mar 22, 2016, 4:49 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Wink

I agree and if Accor buys them it would be HORRIBLE news! I somehow can't imagine that this would pass European regulators since Accor and Club Carlson are the two largest hotel companies operating in Europe IMHO.
Horrible, but less so than Accor buying Fairmont !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.