Community
Wiki Posts
Search

20K bonus points for 7 nights!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2016, 3:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Arrow 20K bonus points for 7 nights!

For >= Silver members who register here. May be targeted. Stay 11 Jan.--31 March 2016.
IMHO this bonus is too small to induce me to stay: Not even half a free night at a hotel in a juicy destination! It's OK if one is traveling anyway.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 4:29 pm

Better Club Carlson Offer for Basic Level

I too received the Silver "exclusive" offer - however, a friend who has no status forwarded their offer to me - which is actually a better deal.....this is what drives me crazy with awards programs - is it to award loyalty, or squeeze folks for all they are worth....?

2 Stays = 10,000
3 Stays = 20,000

Name:  Radisson Basic Tourcation 1_11_16.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  101.9 KB
Old Jan 12, 2016, 8:02 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by Railcation
I too received the Silver "exclusive" offer - however, a friend who has no status forwarded their offer to me - which is actually a better deal.....this is what drives me crazy with awards programs - is it to award loyalty, or squeeze folks for all they are worth....?

2 Stays = 10,000
3 Stays = 20,000

Attachment 655
I got this same offer. Seemed good to me
Old Jan 12, 2016, 10:17 am

I read the fine print of the promo, but I couldn't find the answer, so I'm hoping someone here might be able to help:

If I have a 4 for 2 paid rate, will I get credit for two nights or four?
Old Jan 12, 2016, 10:58 am

Programs: AerClub Platinum, ClubCarlson Gold, Hhonors Silver, IHG Spire Elite, Hotels.com Gold, BA blue
Originally Posted by Railcation

2 Stays = 10,000
3 Stays = 20,000

Attachment 655
I'm a gold member and got no email from them so it looks like they're only interested in roping in more potential lifers.

Very disappointing from Carlson. This time last year they were offering triple points from Jan - March.

Giving my business to Hotels.com instead for the rest of the month while I reassess my loyalty.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 3:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
The offer is to all Elite members: Silver, Gold and Concierge. Point and cash bookings don't count otherwise I would have had seven stays in the required timescale.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 12:53 am

Programs: Accor Platinum CC Concierge FB Platinum
Would it be possible to post the link for 10K/20K promo.
Thanks
Frenske
Old Jan 13, 2016, 3:55 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, SK Gold, BT VIP, Radisson Premium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by fresnke66
Would it be possible to post the link for 10K/20K promo.
Thanks
Frenske
clubcarlson.com/exploreandearn20k
Old Jan 13, 2016, 3:15 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor Plat, IHG Diamond
A slightly different offer for me!

Dear Ikaz,

Jump start 2016 with a special bonus offer, just for you. Register and stay 3 or more times before 31st March and you can enjoy an upgrade to Silver Status. Silver Elite members enjoy special perks and benefits, including complimentary room upgrades, bonus points, early check-in and more.**

In addition to your upgrade you'll recieve 10,000 bonus Gold Points® after completing three Eligible Stays, or 20,000 bonus points after four or more Eligible Stays at any Carlson Rezidor hotel worldwide. Don't forget you can redeem your points for free Award Nights which start at just 9,000 points on standard rooms with no blackout dates.

Don't miss out - register now!
I am already Silver though... (although to drop down to red in March)
Old Jan 15, 2016, 6:56 am

Programs: HH Diamond, RR Platinum, BA Gold
This is incredibly poor in my opinion. Last year was 15k bonus points for EACH stay of 2 nights and 35k bonus for 3 nights or more. I racked up close to 400k points during that promo. A max offer of 20k is just a joke.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 12:45 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Originally Posted by NRTBound2015
I read the fine print of the promo, but I couldn't find the answer, so I'm hoping someone here might be able to help:

If I have a 4 for 2 paid rate, will I get credit for two nights or four?
I tweeted CC about this and said in a 4 for 2 booking the two paid nights would count.
Attached Images  
Old Jan 21, 2016, 11:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
10/20k bonus is only for red members.

T&C clearly states it.
You must be a Club Carlson Red level member to participate in the "Explore More and Earn Up to 20,000 Points" promotion ("Promotion").

Offer not valid for Club Carlson Elite members.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by CoweyB
I tweeted CC about this and said in a 4 for 2 booking the two paid nights would count.
Bummer. That means I only have 4 "nights" currently scheduled during the promo period. I would have considered matress running for one night for the 20k, but not 3...
Old Jan 22, 2016, 6:50 am

Programs: SAS EBG, IHG Spire Amb, CCG
Originally Posted by NRTBound2015
Bummer. That means I only have 4 "nights" currently scheduled during the promo period. I would have considered matress running for one night for the 20k, but not 3...
My experience is that 2-1 usually, but not always, posts as two nights. I would expect this to be the same for 4-2, and that it depends on the hotel.
Old Jan 23, 2016, 12:23 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by CoweyB
Point and cash bookings don't count otherwise I would have had seven stays in the required timescale.
+1 ... But I'll still do the points+cash. 20,000 isn't worth another > $25/night.

Pays to read the fine print, as most programs and promotions count all "points-eligible stays (/nights)". One more instance of Club Carlson loving to do the rogue thing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.