Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

How many credit card "last night free" points reservations do you have left?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2016, 11:15 am
Original Poster

I only have two left, both for this summer (Radisson Blu Warwick and Radission Martinique on Broadway).

I knew the change would sting a LOT but now that I've only got a couple reservations left out there, it seems even harder to swallow. I got some great value out of this program, and now the credit card sits in a drawer. I still value the 40k anniversary points and gold status enough to keep it, but it gets no spend.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 11:01 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
I have 2: both at the now-Hilton Aruba to enjoy the Carnaval festivities & the beach.
My card renews in Dec., so I've just decided to keep it another year for the 40K + my free night for spending >$10K last year. Actually, it isn't too bad, compared to the Starwood Amex. $10K spend gets us a high-level Radisson, $14K gets a room at the top level.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 5:42 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
I have 8 of those outstanding (the effort to spend it all down was almost successful). Unfortunately, some of those will have to be canceled because slight change in plans.

The credit card is due to renew in March. As some of those will be over the summer I'll keep it for another year just to maintain Gold.

By next year all the points will be gone, and I'll downgrade the card to the free one.

Not really worth keeping it at the current redemption rates, considering the number of properties, location and how much they ask for a room.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 2:33 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
The crazy thing is that the number of their hotels costing 70K ppn keeps growing ! Including many places where most hotels are not so expensive and/or that are not aspirational vacation destinations: Minneapolis; Dubrovnik, Croatia; Addis Ababa, Ethiopia; Astana, Kazakhstan; Tripoli, Libya; Maputo, Mozambique; Lagos, Nigeria; Oslo Airport, also several small towns in Norway; Zavidovo, Russia (I've never heard of it!); Freetown, Sierra Leone, Africa!
Old Jan 11, 2016, 4:37 pm

I have 4 more stays booked.
-2 nights in Stavenger
-2 nights in Oslo
-4 nights in Stockholm
Old Jan 15, 2016, 8:47 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, CC Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Choice Plat
I have 10+ left few this year and few next year ... I may have to change the dates for couple of reservations .. has anyone been successful in changing the dates on these?
Old Jan 15, 2016, 11:14 am

3, all for the same trip around the Baltics in early summer.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 3:59 pm

Programs: Starriot Platinum, DL PM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
I just finished my last one last Tuesday.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 9:13 am

I have 4 left. 2 for Radisson Martinique on Broadway in October, and 2 for Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, Chicago in December.

It broke my heart having to cancel a premium business award for Radisson Blu 1919 in Iceland, since the new costs plus not getting the second night free made it way to expensive to rebook.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 7:43 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus; American Advantage; Marriott Rewards; Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by techoin
I have 10+ left few this year and few next year ... I may have to change the dates for couple of reservations .. has anyone been successful in changing the dates on these?
I too am curious to hear if anyone has had success in date changing on one of these.

I'm now down to 2 reservations in London in early March; 2 in Paris in early April; 1 in Brussels late April; 2 in Amsterdam in May; and 1 in NYC Martinique in June.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 10:04 am
Original Poster

It is my understanding that the only way you'd be able to change dates would be to contact the hotel directly, and you'd be at their mercy. And I've read that most properties simply won't do it for you. And I don't think there is any way to do it online, so you pretty much have to make the dates work, or cancel and get back your points.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 6:10 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Delta Platinum Medallion, AAdvantage Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by KMA26
I too am curious to hear if anyone has had success in date changing on one of these.

I'm now down to 2 reservations in London in early March; 2 in Paris in early April; 1 in Brussels late April; 2 in Amsterdam in May; and 1 in NYC Martinique in June.
You know, if you can't go, I know of someone who would be happy to take over those reservations for you.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 9:31 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Booked for this year and will be able use:

2 Radisson NY
2 Radisson Blu Amsterdam
1 Radisson Blu Hamburg
2 Radisson Blu Copenhagen
2 Radisson Blu Stockholm
2 Radisson Blu Helsinki
2 Radisson Chicago

26 nights @ 582K versus 1.548M post de-valuation

Last year booked 1 Radisson Blu Shanghai had to cancel and booked 1 Park Inn Tallin had to cancel for this year.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by KMA26
I have three stays left, one in Belize next month and two in Reykjavik in May (one at each Radisson Blu).

A couple of months ago, when it turned out that I would be spending less time in Iceland than I originally planned, I wrote a nice email to the Radisson Blu Saga and asked if they could change the dates for me, and they wrote me back in the affirmative and sent me a confirmation of my reservation for the new dates.

So, the hotel can do it, or at least some hotels can do it, but the dates of my reservation at clubcarlson.com are still the old ones, so they didn't change it in the central system.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 7:53 pm

Also two at Belize next month. Then 4 in Panama in October.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.