Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Radisson Blu Vilnius Royal Astorija

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2015, 9:48 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Radisson Blu Vilnius Royal Astorija

Stay Report - 12/25 - 12/17

Location: The hotel is located at City Hall Square in the heart of Old Town Vilnius. All the tourist attractions are within a mile and often less of this hotel. Nearby are dozens of restaurants and bars and also nicely, grocery stores. Just be careful, there's another Radisson Blue a few miles away and my cab driver drove halfway to the wrong one

Hotel: The hotel is in a beautiful, early 20th Century building that they've taken great pains to restore. The lobby is large and has a nice sitting area with fireplace. There's also a bar and separate restaurant which serves breakfast and French cuisine for dinner. Lastly, there is a pool and fitness center

Check In: Handled by a very nice agent. I had booked a single room on an AAA rate and asked about a paid upgrade. He sold me a superior room with balcony and view of the square and threw in breakfast for 30 EUR a night which was well below what Radisson.com wanted.

Room: Very nice. Large, comfortable bed, TV with plenty of channels, desk, arm chair, incredibly high ceilings and a good sized bathroom. Oddly, the bathroom was a stand up shower only but I was given bath salts.

Other: I had dinner in the restaurant and it was excellent, and reasonably priced too. Dinner of sea food soup, lamb chops, crepes, cocktail and glass of wine was 58 EUR. Breakfast is delicious, a large buffet with breads, pastries, yogurt, cereal, fruit, cold cuts, cheese, salmon and hot items of eggs, potatoes, beans, bacon, sausages, oatmeal and pancakes were on offer. They also had no issue letting me check out at 12:15 PM and were able to find me a cab on a day where a race had closed a lot of the streets

In short, this is a wonderful hotel, I would gladly stay again.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 1:01 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plt
Agree with the above (and should have posted after my stay 2 yrs ago ).

Cheers
Old Jan 26, 2016, 11:55 pm
Fyd

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, IHG Plat Amb, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Accor Plat
Agreed, very nice hotel.
I'd ask for a renovated room - they are very nice, hardwood floors, nicer furniture...
Old Jul 15, 2018, 1:21 pm

Thumbs up

The Radisson Blu Vilnius Royal Astorija had another renovation and since June 2018 has a brand new attic floor with 6 new rooms (3 of them with a patio, like the one I've stayed at) and 8 more rooms in a different part of the hotel are refurbished and have a similar design. Overall I had a great stay there recently! If anyone's interested, I've posted more photos and a full review here: Radisson Blu Vilnius Royal Astorija - hotel review.

treppenlaeufer likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 11:34 am
Original Member

Programs: BA Gold, ex-BD Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold
That room looks like a completely different hotel to where I stayed last week! My room was more like the first reviewer: adequate, but nothing luxurious. Generally I found the public spaces to have been renovated, the rooms less so (but needing it). Breakfast was excellent (consistent with my experience for the brand in Europe). I have another stay forthcoming; will see which hotel I get.
treppenlaeufer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.